Julian Assange taken into custody

3 hours ago, DC Tom said:

What?  What the ***** does that even mean?  

“I hate your posts and now you’re on my ignore list,” is now a regular post here. 

Instead of just, ya know, ignoring someone. People even take pride in snapping pics of their screens to show everyone how their ignore works. It’s the PPP selfie. 

4 hours ago, BeginnersMind said:

“I hate your posts and now you’re on my ignore list,” is now a regular post here. 

Instead of just, ya know, ignoring someone. People even take pride in snapping pics of their screens to show everyone how their ignore works. It’s the PPP selfie. 

Why not post in a manner that does not get you ignored? 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, BeginnersMind said:

That doesn't quite work when there's both idiocy & volume.   That's when the ignore feature is wonderful.

11 minutes ago, GG said:

That doesn't quite work when there's both idiocy & volume.   That's when the ignore feature is wonderful.

I agree. I am pointing out the use of bragging or threatening that "I have you on ignore" and "I am going to put you on ignore." And even accompanying that with screenshots to lord the use of the feature over someone as some kind of one-upsmanship. It's a competition for who can be the meltier (!) snowflake. 

You want to ignore someone, ignore them, using the feature or not. We don't need a LAMP-post announcement about it. 

Edited by BeginnersMind
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

I agree. I am pointing out the use of bragging or threatening that "I have you on ignore" and "I am going to put you on ignore." And even accompanying that with screenshots to lord the use of the feature over someone as some kind of one-upsmanship. It's a competition for who can be the meltier (!) snowflake. 

You want to ignore someone, ignore them, using the feature or not. We don't need a LAMP-post announcement about it. 

Yeah the cult likes to block & brag! 

6 hours ago, BeginnersMind said:

I am actually too lazy to put you on ignore.  You're useless, but just not woth the minimal effort.

That's right, *****o.  I'm weaponizing NOT ignoring you.

• Haha (+1) 4

45 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I am actually too lazy to put you on ignore.  You're useless, but just not woth the minimal effort.

That's right, *****o.  I'm weaponizing NOT ignoring you.

It's things like this that show you are ever so slightly more intelligent than the intelligence vacuum known as @/dev/null 

That's not saying much, but its saying something. Good morning Tom :) 

18 minutes ago, Foxx said:

Beanz doing stellar work today.

thread.

https://twitter.com/tracybeanz/status/1118147754595966977

https://twitter.com/CasualSemi/status/1118165581218369536

the Trump spying was just the latest in a long line of corrupt acts by the Obama administration. it is going to all come out (i hope anyways).

I see there was a FISA warrant out on Manning, so the hop leads to Huma/Clinton/Weiner. Why were they surveilling Manning? And how did Manning know anything about the Weiner laptop Huma/Hillary emails? (this one seems to be the question in that thread)  And what was the Manning lawsuit about exactly? And the US Government was surveilling Huma? Guess those Clinton emails weren't actually "lost".

4 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I see there was a FISA warrant out on Manning, so the hop leads to Huma/Clinton/Weiner. Why were they surveilling Manning? And how did Manning know anything about the Weiner laptop Huma/Hillary emails? (this one seems to be the question in that thread)  And what was the Manning lawsuit about exactly? And the US Government was surveilling Huma? Guess those Clinton emails weren't actually "lost".

Surveilling Manning in prison.

You know what that's called, when you're in prison and they watch your every move?  It's called "being in prison."  :wallbash: There's no expectation of privacy in prison - prisoners have no rights, except to attorney-client confidentiality...

...ohhhhhh.  :huh:  

• Haha (+1) 1

23 hours ago, BeginnersMind said:

The guy that starts threads with ***** poetry time and time again is going to call out people for LAMP posts.

things-just-got-14eype.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Joe Miner said:

The guy that starts threads with ***** poetry time and time again is going to call out people for LAMP posts.

things-just-got-14eype.jpg

I’ve done that a few times, not to draw attention to me. But boy do you guys get wound up about nice things.

If I go negative and say the sky is falling, will you let me join the cool kid’s club?

8 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

I’ve done that a few times, not to draw attention to me. But boy do you guys get wound up about nice things.

If I go negative and say the sky is falling, will you let me join the cool kid’s club?

You don't meet the requirements.

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

You don't meet the requirements.

I’ve done the cool kid thing and still sometimes fall prey to bad habits. But it’s a membership not worth having. Being  bullying, snarky, cynical, and inhuman to others because we happen to be online is no way to be. 

On 4/16/2019 at 8:03 AM, BeginnersMind said:

I want to ignore you, but you're so worthless I can't be bothered.

• Haha (+1) 2

7 hours ago, BeginnersMind said:

I’ve done the cool kid thing and still sometimes fall prey to bad habits. But it’s a membership not worth having. Being  bullying, snarky, cynical, and inhuman to others because we happen to be online is no way to be. 

is this you ***** off?

• Like (+1) 1

Appeals court turns down Manning appeal over contempt in WikiLeaks probe

A federal appeals court has turned down former Army intelligence analyst Chelsea Manning’s bid to overturn a contempt order that led to her jailing for refusing to answer questions from a grand jury investigating WikiLeaks.

Manning’s lawyers said a district court judge ignored her claims that she was subjected to illegal electronic surveillance after her conviction at a court-martial in 2013 for leaking hundreds of thousands of diplomatic cables and military reports to WikiLeaks.

</snip>

Prosecutors appear to be pressing for Manning’s testimony in order to bolster their case against WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, who was expelled earlier this month from ndon’s Ecuador's Embassy in London, where he’d been holed up for seven years.

</snip>

43 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Appeals court turns down Manning appeal over contempt in WikiLeaks probe

A federal appeals court has turned down former Army intelligence analyst Chelsea Manning’s bid to overturn a contempt order that led to her jailing for refusing to answer questions from a grand jury investigating WikiLeaks.

Manning’s lawyers said a district court judge ignored her claims that she was subjected to illegal electronic surveillance after her conviction at a court-martial in 2013 for leaking hundreds of thousands of diplomatic cables and military reports to WikiLeaks.

</snip>

Prosecutors appear to be pressing for Manning’s testimony in order to bolster their case against WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, who was expelled earlier this month from ndon’s Ecuador's Embassy in London, where he’d been holed up for seven years.

</snip>

I realize it was unintended, but I can't help but laugh at a post that contains "Chelsea Manning' and two "</snip>s" :lol:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

• 2 weeks later...

Ecuador's Attorney General has informed a Julian Assange lawyer that the WikiLeaks co-founder's files, computer, mobile phones and other electronic devices will be seized during a search at the London embassy and sent to the US.

The searches inside the embassy quarters formerly occupied by Assange are set to be conducted by police on May 20

The files contain troves of sensitive information, include Assange's communication with his lawyers and other legal documents – which, the lawyers argue, deprive him of the right to proper defense. Having this data will potentially allow the US to "build and create new charges" to extradite Assange in violation of Ecuador's own asylum policies.

Ecuador hands over Julian Assange's belongings to US

Ecuador has begun giving the US some of Wikileaks co-founder Julian Assange's possessions left behind following his stay in its London embassy.

The country's foreign minister José Valencia authorised the seizure of equipment earlier this month.

The material includes manuscripts, legal papers, medical records and electronic equipment.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, snafu said:

He's still in custody in the UK, yes?

Why didn't they hand over his belongings to the UK?

Yes, he is still being held in the UK (in a maximum security facility, I believe).

The US DOJ requested the items and Ecuador agreed to it. So, it would appear that there was a deal of some sort that was cut (or other leverage that was used), as there were other parties that also wanted them.

1 hour ago, snafu said:

He's still in custody in the UK, yes?

Why didn't they hand over his belongings to the UK?

The Equadorian President visited the White House shortly before Assange was expelled. Take it for what it's worth.

• 9 months later...

Chelsea Manning recovering after suicide attempt in jail, lawyers say

Manning has been detained since May for refusing to testify before a grand jury about her disclosure of military and diplomatic secrets to the online anti-secrecy group WikiLeaks in 2010.

"Manning has previously indicated that she will not betray her principles, even at risk of grave harm to herself," her legal team said, adding, "Her actions today evidence the strength of her convictions, as well as the profound harm she continues to suffer as a result of her 'civil' confinement."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/12/politics/chelsea-manning-suicide-attempt-virginia-jail/index.html

4 hours ago, ALF said:

Manning has been detained since May for refusing to testify before a grand jury about her disclosure of military and diplomatic secrets to the online anti-secrecy group WikiLeaks in 2010.

"Manning has previously indicated that she will not betray her principles, even at risk of grave harm to herself," her legal team said, adding, "Her actions today evidence the strength of her convictions, as well as the profound harm she continues to suffer as a result of her 'civil' confinement."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/12/politics/chelsea-manning-suicide-attempt-virginia-jail/index.html

Are we supposed to pretend that the traitor Bradley is now a hero?

5 hours ago, ALF said:

So now attempting suicide is evidence of the strength of someone's convictions?

Damn, there are some stupid effin' people in this world.

Edited by IDBillzFan

• 1 month later...
On 3/12/2020 at 8:18 AM, ALF said:

Who's this Chelsea Manning? You mean the traitor Daniel Manning? The one who had his nuts cut off? No wonder he wants to kill himself.

On 3/12/2020 at 2:03 PM, IDBillzFan said:

So now attempting suicide is evidence of the strength of someone's convictions?

Damn, there are some stupid effin' people in this world.

Well Danny did have his balls clipped, so that's pretty effing stupid.

2 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Who's this Chelsea Manning? You mean the traitor Daniel Manning? The one who had his nuts cut off? No wonder he wants to kill himself.

Well Danny did have his balls clipped, so that's pretty effing stupid.

Is Danny Manning related to the traitor formerly known as Bradley Manning?

Edited by Koko78