Julian Assange taken into custody

19 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

In violation of international law.

The timing is very suspicious.  I suspect that we never hear from Mr. Assange again.  He’s probably already dead.

From what I've heard, it wasn't a violation of international law: Ecuador withdrew sanctuary, then invited the Brits in to take him in to custody.  

6 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Update:

Third hand account, so take it for what it’s worth, but Assange is in British court as we speak, and it looks as though he is going to be extradited to the US.

Wasn't he hiding from rape charges in Sweden?  

I mean...I think he's an #######...but what charges are pending in the US, again?

Edit: Oh, he's charged with computer hacking.  Four hours AFTER he's taken in to custody. 

Edited by DC Tom

“There’s no basis to arrest him in London for the sexual assault investigation in Sweden,” said Napolitano. “He apparently has been charged with something in the United States. We don't know. Because of this inadvertent release of a warrant for him. That is probably the true reason for his arrest. He will probably be extradited here. We will see the indictment. And we will probably have a show trial.”

https://www.foxnews.com/world/judge-andrew-napolitano-julian-assange-hero

15 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Update:

Third hand account, so take it for what it’s worth, but Assange is in British court as we speak, and it looks as though he is going to be extradited to the US.

The (probably minor) hang up is that the Brits don't extradite to countries that have the death penalty. The US has to give assurances that they won't seek it.

Meanwhile in Court for violating parole in UK, which carries up to a year.

Apparently, Assange fell out with the new Ecuadoran regime and was acting like an ungrateful guest. This must have helped grease the skids.  Though the other side of the coin is: The previous Ecuadoran Counsel was on BBC Radio this morning saying that Assange hasn't left his room in almost a year -- no visitors, computer, or phone calls allowed during that time, either. 

I was hoping to find an answer to that myself...i am hearing that he's evil incarnated, I'm hearing he's a martyr, a hero...i have no idea what to think...i also hear that certain people with roots in arkansas should watch their backs.  

7 minutes ago, row_33 said:

is he a good guy or a bad guy?

16 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

No matter what, he's still Ass-mange to me.

i remember vividly when Daniel Ellsberg was given a daily butt-smootching by the media and liberals as being the most heroic American ever.

8 minutes ago, row_33 said:

is he a good guy or a bad guy?

Yes.

My view is the same as for many other protesters.  May agree with the cause, strongly disagree with the methods.

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, The Poojer said:

I was hoping to find an answer to that myself...i am hearing that he's evil incarnated, I'm hearing he's a martyr, a hero...i have no idea what to think...i also hear that certain people with roots in arkansas should watch their backs.  

He's a hypocritical self-serving asshat who published secret information under the guise of being some sort of Robin-Hood type, who's probably now being railroaded on ginned-up charges in an abuse of justice.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

He's a hypocritical self-serving asshat who published secret information under the guise of being some sort of Robin-Hood type, who's probably now being railroaded on ginned-up charges in an abuse of justice.

yeah but, is he a good guy or bad guy?

it's hard to tell when the Dems change their eternal moral stances like a weather vane in a hurricane

3 minutes ago, row_33 said:

it's hard to tell when the Dems change their eternal moral stances like a weather vane in a hurricane

Judging by what I've read this morning, he's a good guy, and the woman who accused him of rape should not be believed.  

3 minutes ago, row_33 said:

There is only one bad guy, according to the Dems, and that's Donald Trump, who, they will explain any moment now, is bringing in Assange to take the focus off the Mueller report.

Just now, LABillzFan said:

There is only one bad guy, according to the Dems, and that's Donald Trump, who, they will explain any moment now, is bringing in Assange to take the focus off the Mueller report.

Two.  You forgot Kavanaugh.

• Haha (+1) 1

Here is the indictment - and this is a doozy. 

https://www.scribd.com/document/405908628/DOJ-Assange-Indictment-2019

They charge Assange directly with hacking the US computers on behalf of Manning... that's why he's being charged as a criminal rather than a publisher (which, if true, is justified). 

Nothing in this about 2016. 

This is leverage.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

They charge Assange directly with hacking the US computers on behalf of Manning... that's why he's being charged as a criminal rather than a publisher (which, if true, is justified). 

This is leverage.

If he comes straight out and says in plain English how he came to have the Clinton emails, heads will explode all over the MSM (and DNC, but I repeat myself).  

• Like (+1) 5

Just now, Buffalo_Gal said:

If he comes straight out and says in plain English how he came to have the Clinton emails, heads will explode all over the MSM (and DNC, but I repeat myself).  

100%

All he needs to do is say two words. Beginning with an S and R. 

Here's the article on the Vault 7 deal that fell through: 

https://thehill.com/opinion/white-house/394036-How-Comey-intervened-to-kill-Wikileaks-immunity-deal

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

D34jArzU0AAmZos.jpg

He doesn't look nervous. 

And it's also interesting that he was "forced out of the embassy" yet he was allowed to carry his book and pose it for the cameras: 

D33fG9MWsAA0y1L.png

... Gore Vidal. 

"History of the National Security State"

14 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

This is leverage.

Note the date of the indictment: March 2018... 

Sessions had this ready to go for over a year. Yet he was "doing nothing". The more you know, the less you know. ;) 

• Like (+1) 1

Anyone remember the "insurance policy?"

"On October 16th, John Kerry, who was then US States Secretary of State, flew to London to visit Julian at the Ecuadorian Embassy. The same day Wikileaks tweeted out 3 tweets each containing a different pre-commitment hash code. A pre-commitment hash is essentially an authentication key that provides you with a way of checking the integrity of an insurance files data. If the data has been changed the hash won't match. The first hash code to be tweeted was named John Kerry followed by Ecuador and UK FCO."

Methinks some chickens are coming home to roost.

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

This is leverage.

That's not right.  What Manning did was well documented - Assmange had nothing to do with physically removing the data from computers.  If they'd argued "conspiracy to commit," that Assmange encouraged Manning to access the data, that'd be less inaccurate.  But this charge is total bull####.  Leverage, like you said - charging someone with a crime they didn't commit to force them to give testimony.  Same nonsense they pulled with Flynn...wasn't right then, isn't now.

But NOW...they're making me defend ***** Assmange, *****!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

That's not right.  What Manning did was well documented - Assmange had nothing to do with physically removing the data from computers.  If they'd argued "conspiracy to commit," that Assmange encouraged Manning to access the data, that'd be less inaccurate.  But this charge is total bull####.  Leverage, like you said - charging someone with a crime they didn't commit to force them to give testimony.  Same nonsense they pulled with Flynn...wasn't right then, isn't now.

But NOW...they're making me defend ***** Assmange, *****!

I'm admittedly reading tea leaves - but I think that's a charge designed to get him here. It'll be dropped when he provides information regarding other matters. That's my guess at the moment based on how coordinated this seems to be. 

Trump's statement just now from the Oval was telling: "I don't know Wikileaks, it's not my thing." Just like he didn't know Whitaker. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Wasn't he hiding from rape charges in Sweden?  

I mean...I think he's an #######...but what charges are pending in the US, again?

Edit: Oh, he's charged with computer hacking.  Four hours AFTER he's taken in to custody. 

'Stealing the election from Hillary' hasn't been codified into law yet?   Wasn't he part of What Happened?

• Haha (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

'Stealing the election from Hillary' hasn't been codified into law yet?   Wasn't he part of What Happened?

I think this is all suitable grounds for a do-over of the election so HIllary can win fair and square this time

It is leverage. They had to get him on something so he can be extradited to the US. As others have said, his defense is that he was the publisher of factual information. The Supremes rules in the Pentagon Papers case that the publisher does not commit a crime as long as the information is factual and correct. 

What they need him for now is to get his testimony about where the Dems emails that he published came from. 

Its popcorn time!

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, row_33 said:

I think this is all suitable grounds for a do-over of the election so HIllary can win fair and square this time

Can you imagine the glory of watching her lose a third time?

NE going 0-16 wouldn't even begin to compare.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1