Yolo Mock 2019

I don’t have explanations for all but I did put thought into it and chose the picks based on perceived team need/system/player rating, plus the buzz that we are hearing (could all be lies of course). Also - with the trades I know nothing about trade value charts so I’m just guessing. I considered  leaving out the parameters because I know people will say it’s too much/too little but wth, it’s just for fun.

1. Arizona - QB Kyler Murray. Kliff has his work cut out for him as a newbie coach without nfl experience. He will want to comfort level of knowing kyler and how he will run his offense. This has less to do with Rosen than it does the fit with Kyler/Kliff. Rosen gets traded to Washington for their 2nd rd pick. And the Kyler/Kliff Era begins. 

2. Trade - Raiders (via SF) Raiders give #4 and #24 to Niners - DE Nick Bosa.  Niners acquiring Dee Ford allows them to pass here and pick up an extra 1st and still get the guy they want at 4. Raiders replace pricey Khalil Mack and Mayock won’t be able to resist the opportunity to take advantage of Arizona’s situation and get the best player in the draft for a smooth cost controlled 5 years. Vegas Nick in the same division as Joey - LFG!

3. Jets - OLB Josh Allen. They have a big hole at this position with Anthony Barr signing falling apart.  The Jets say they are staying with the 4-3 but Gregg will likely play a hybrid. It will be Josh Allen vs Josh Allen for a long time in the AFC East. 

4. Niners (via Raiders) - WR DK Metcalf. They missed out on AB and OBJ in the offseason trades but getting a legit #1 wideout is a priority with the investment they have made in Jimmy G. Shanny Jr gets his Julio Jones

5. Tampa - DL Quinnen Williams. They replace Gerald McCoy (who they will trade on draft day) with a dynamic prospect.

6. Giants - DE Montez Sweat. The rumors were true, the Giants wanted a pass rusher at 6 and will wait on the QB.  But not too long.

7. Jags - OT  jawaan Taylor. Marrone loves him some OL and the team needs to protect Foles and pave the way for Fournette

8. Lions - RB Josh Jacobs. The Patriots disciples in Detroit saw Belichick go RB in round 1 last year and they follow suit - lions have been trying to solidify the running game for years without success. Kerryon Johnson has potential but hurt a lot. This would be too high for me to take Jacobs but the analysts seem to think he’s that good.

9. Bills - DT Ed Oliver. He’s simply perfect. 

10. Broncos - QB Drew Lock. Elway hasn’t made a secret of his interest in Lock and I don’t think he cares (not a smokescreen). I actually think Elway gets it right this time.

11. Bengals - LB Devin White. Bye bye Burfict, here’s the new show in town. He will make up for Preston’s lack of speed. 

12. Green Bay- OT Jonah Williams. Perhaps the most versatile, polished OL in the draft to protect A-Aron. Lefleur needs to get the offense back on track. 

13. Miami - DL Rashan Gary. They may be “rebuilding” this year but Gary is a high level talent who needs some refinement. This is a good time to take a player like this who can take the tank year to get up to speed under defensive HC Brian Flores. Top 5 talent in the draft, could be a steal for a coach willing to work with him. 

14. Falcons - CB Byron Murphy. He’s the best defensive player at this spot imo and they need defensive playmakers any way they can get it. 

15. Redskins - DE Brian Burns - No QB here either for Washington who needs a talent infusion on the Edge and rolls with Keenum for now at QB. They trade for Rosen with their 2nd round pick to sit behind Keenum this year. 

16 Panthers - TE TJ Hockenson. If Olsen isn’t retired yet he will be soon. There’s the next TE for this offense that utilizes it a lot. 

17. Giants - QB Daniel Jones. Again this is either a ton of smoke or it’s just true. I think it’s true, they like him and he will sit behind Eli for 1-2 years. 

18. Trade - Patriots via Vikings. Pats trade #32, 56, 64 and next years’s 1st for #18 and current Vikings TE Kyle Rudolph (to replace Gronk). Pats select QB Dwayne Haskins, who is perfect for the Pats offensive scheme. He will sit behind Brady and be the heir apparent. It’s a “slide” for Haskins, who some thought would go top 10. He has incredible talent and now a chip on his shoulder. Schiano may not be there anymore but he had more than enough time to download his experience with Haskins to Belichick. Also my worst nightmare so I’m trying to jinx this from happening by putting it in my mock.

19. Titans - TE Noah Fant. They need more receiving options and their TE Delanie Walker is in his 30s, frequently injured. 

20. Steelers - LB Devin Bush. They still haven’t replaced Ryan Shazier, they give it a go here with a player who ran the Viper role at Michigan about as well as Shazier ran it at osu. 

21. Seahawks - DE Clelin Ferrell. Still rebuilding the DL from the glory years. If they don’t trade Frank Clark that’s a hell of a tandem. 

22. Ravens - DT  Christian Wilkins. they had a mass exodus of defensive played in FA and need to rebuild what was the strength of the team. 

23. Texans - OT Andre Dillard - need to protect Deshaun . Their OL is the key to winning imo. He’s a different player under pressure.

24. Niners (via Raiders) - CB Greedy Williams. I like the mentorship here with Richard Sherman in terms of playing style 

25 eagles - S Deionte Thompson - their secondary needs a talent infusion and Malcolm Jenkins isn’t getting any younger 

26. Colts - DL Jeffrey Simmons - Colts added Justin Houston in offseason and add a top 5 defensive player in the draft at 26 due to his injury 

27. Raiders - OC  Garrett Bradbury - heir apparent to Rodney Hudson but needs a year to get strong enough to play C in nfl 

28. Chargers - S Chauncey Gardner- Johnson (or Thompson if he’s still there)

29. Chiefs - OG  Chris Lindstrom - another pick to protect the QB as a priority 

30. Green Bay - WR Marquis Brown - more kissing up to Aaron 

31. Rams - LB Mack Wilson. They need better LB play and clay matthews is on his last legs

32. Vikings (via Pats) - OL Dalton Risner - Vikes are seeking talent at G and could want to move Elflein from C to G. Risner is a great addition to allow them so flexibility on the line. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 5

Definitely not a copy of anyone else's mocks.  I am no expert but I don't recall seeing DK Metcalf going that high or Josh Jacobs going to the Lions at 8.  It could happen.  Do you think that if Metcalf, Jacobs, and Oliver are there at 9, that they still go with Oliver?  What if Oliver is gone at 8 and Metcalf and Jacobs are available at 9....do the Bills grab either?

Just now, PIZ said:

Definitely not a copy of anyone else's mocks.  I am no expert but I don't recall seeing DK Metcalf going that high or Josh Jacobs going to the Lions at 8.  It could happen.  Do you think that if Metcalf, Jacobs, and Oliver are there at 9, that they still go with Oliver?  What if Oliver is gone at 8 and Metcalf and Jacobs are available at 9....do the Bills grab either?

Yes I do think they would take Oliver over Metcalf and Jacobs 

if Oliver is gone, It would depend on who is sitting there... but I don’t see it being metcalf or Jacobs as the pick - jmo

• Like (+1) 1

Hmm I can't see the lions drafting Jacobs with Devin White still on the board, nor do I think they won't opt for another pass rusher if he's taken. Kerryon looked really good and also brought in CJ to help lessen the load. 

I also would be surprised if the Raiders gave up their first to move just two spots. Assuming Kyler goes first, they'll still have a choice of Allen/Bosa/Williams at the very least, and that's highly imbalanced on the trade chart. 

Otherwise, solid mock and lots of your later picks are spot on. I'm curious to see where Simmons will go but since the Colts have been so stingy and patient this FA, I'm not sure they'll want to pass on a day one impact player unless he's that highly rated by Ballard. 

Edited by JimKellyTryouts
  • Like (+1) 1

Great mock. Love the Ed Oliver pick.

If Oliver is not available I would like to see a trade back draft LB, Devin Bush then trade back in somewhere mid teens and draft DT, Christian Wilkins. 

Try and make a trade for Clowney for a 4th round pick this year and a 2nd next year. Sign him long term. 

Clowney - Star - Wilkins - Hughes

Milano  -    Edmunds   -  Bush

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yes I do think they would take Oliver over Metcalf and Jacobs 

if Oliver is gone, It would depend on who is sitting there... but I don’t see it being metcalf or Jacobs as the pick - jmo

Yolo, you have the wrong team trading up for Bosa! That should be us:pirate:

• Like (+1) 1

I actually really liked the moves minus the pats. 

I do think metcalf could get snagged that high and I think SF is the perfect team. I would 100% spot on agree for that one. 

The pats trade I can see happening, minus I don’t think Minnesota even with cap issues is going to let Rudolph out the building. He is tied to Zimmer for as long as he has the job there I think. Zimmer is defense but Rudolph is seriously the key to their entire offense. Without him they can’t run, and diggs and thielen are nowhere near as deadly. 

I like the outside the box approach for that mock though 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JimKellyTryouts said:

Hmm I can't see the lions drafting Jacobs with Devin White still on the board, nor do I think they won't opt for another pass rusher if he's taken. Kerryon looked really good and also brought in CJ to help lessen the load. 

I also would be surprised if the Raiders gave up their first to move just two spots. Assuming Kyler goes first, they'll still have a choice of Allen/Bosa/Williams at the very least, and that's highly imbalanced on the trade chart. 

Otherwise, solid mock and lots of your later picks are spot on. I'm curious to see where Simmons will go but since the Colts have been so stingy and patient this FA, I'm not sure they'll want to pass on a day one impact player unless he's that highly rated by Ballard. 

Raiders have 3 1sts, and I don’t think they will take 3 players. That’s potentially  3 fifth year options at one time which is a cap killer. Jmo I think they use one of them to move up. This might not be the right one, maybe they move #27 instead or they pick at 4 and move up from 24. But I do think if they can get Bosa they will.