Hypothetical Mock, Who would u select @ #9

4 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Devin White.

BPA and top 5 talent, dont care if we are good at LB.

This makes sense....as Alexander is one and done here imho.   Might put white in the middle and move our middle to the end.......where he played in college.

34 minutes ago, NewEraBills said:

I watched that too.  I wouldn't be too upset with it honestly.  But my thing is you better take Ferguson at 40 because you have to get to the QB at some point.  Guys can't cover all day.

Here is the thing with White that people fail to realize.  If he is versatile, then he could potentially be the pick.  People forget, Luke Kuechly actually started off in Carolina at Outside Linebacker.  Jon Beason was playing in the Middle.  Luke did not move to the middle until Beason got hurt and the rest is history.  So I wouldn't rule out White at 9.

White inside. Edmunds outside.

• Like (+1) 1

If we can't get a trade partner for the pick, I would have to choose TJ Hockenson (TE Iowa). DK Metcalf's injury history and short range agility concerns me. Hakeem Butler would be a good pick in the second round if we choose to go with a big body WR.

6 hours ago, BillsFan1988 said:

1. ARZ- QB  Murray 

2. 49ers- DE Bosa 

3. Jets- DE Allen 

4. OAK - Q WILLIAMS 

5. Bucs- DT Ed Oliver 

6. Giants - DE Gary 

7. Jags- OT Taylor 

8. Det-  DE Sweat 

9. Bills ?

The top 6 Dlineman are off the board in this scenario .  Who will the Bills select . Here's some options .

Wr- DK Metcalf 

TE- TJ Hock

OT - Jonah Williams

DE- Brian Burns

DT- Christian Wilkins 

LB- Devin White 

CB- Byron Murphy 

I will take Hock myself but I believe the Bills would lean towards Burns.

I know probably 80% would say trade back but let's just say there's no trade available. If I left out any other candidates please give me your opinions and why.  

Good thread, tough choice.

6 hours ago, BillsFan17 said:

Hock

Jonah 

Burns

In that order of who you take if the draft falls this way 

This was basically my thinking at first glance as well. But I get why people want White.

Hock/Jonah for me too.

4 minutes ago, noacls said:

That is the worst case scenario for the bills. I guess Murphy or Wilkens,  too high for both. 

Burns=maybin no thanks.

1st year TE do nothing for the most part.

White=They are not moving Edmunds

I think White would take over LorAx's spot outside.

7 hours ago, BillsFan1988 said:

1. ARZ- QB  Murray 

2. 49ers- DE Bosa 

3. Jets- DE Allen 

4. OAK - Q WILLIAMS 

5. Bucs- DT Ed Oliver 

6. Giants - DE Gary 

7. Jags- OT Taylor 

8. Det-  DE Sweat 

9. Bills ?

The top 6 Dlineman are off the board in this scenario .  Who will the Bills select . Here's some options .

Wr- DK Metcalf 

TE- TJ Hock

OT - Jonah Williams

DE- Brian Burns

DT- Christian Wilkins 

LB- Devin White 

CB- Byron Murphy 

I will take Hock myself but I believe the Bills would lean towards Burns.

I know probably 80% would say trade back but let's just say there's no trade available. If I left out any other candidates please give me your opinions and why.  

Definitely White. Edmunds, Milano and White would be sweet. Beane put us in a position to take bpa. If White is there at 9, I would hesitate trading back with a team that needs a qb. I think he's that good.

Devin White scares the heck out of me.  He is a boom or bust prospect in my eyes.  Lacks the instincts needed at LB but has amazing athleticism that made up for it in college. If he continues to develop the necessary instincts he could be a Hall of Fame level player. If not, he could be an average linebacker at best. That being said, i’d Roll the dice and hope this coaching staff can get him there.  So:

Devin White

5 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Devin White scares the heck out of me.  He is a boom or bust prospect in my eyes.  Lacks the instincts needed at LB but has amazing athleticism that made up for it in college. If he continues to develop the necessary instincts he could be a Hall of Fame level player. If not, he could be an average linebacker at best. That being said, i’d Roll the dice and hope this coaching staff can get him there.  So:

Devin White

One of the main things I will give to McD is that he seems to be a LB-whisperer. I think if anyone could maximize White, it would be him.

• Like (+1) 1