Bills likely will still draft OL based on pre-draft work

11 minutes ago, wppete said:

I really hope not OL in the first 2 rounds. Hope the go DL. 

OT, Kaleb McGary - Washington,  is an interesting guy. Seems like they like him.  Hopefully he is available in the 3rd.

Both lines should get the most attention. Since we have our QB, those are the 2 most important areas. Can never be strong enough there.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I expect a RT prospect in the 3-4 round 

If Beane is following his predecessors you can expect the Bills to take at least one OL every draft. And I agree, I'm expecting a tackle in the 3-5 range.  I think the Spain deal is a 1 year deal so I'd put money on two OL between 3-5.  One interior and one Tackle.

Edited by NewEraBills

Personally I think they’re all set for the offensive line.. Never hurts to add talent but I’d prefer they wait until round 4 or later, not sure there’s enough spots left to really battle for a spot on that line. Looks pretty stacked to me already. 

• Like (+1) 1

I think the logic here with all the one-year deals on veteran OL is that they wanna bring in some prospects (probably mid-late round guys) and have them learn from the vets for a year. We've heard Beane and other GMs/coaches talk about it before: it's just taking longer and longer to coach up college OL to the NFL game based on the offensive systems run in the NCAA. Lot of these OL don't even put their hand in the dirt most of the time. And they just aren't ready to go as soon as teams would like. So, why not sign a buncha vets, let them compete for starting gigs and let your depth/prospects learn the ropes and then compete next year for starting gigs.

Bills still need:

Guard

Tackle

WR

TE

RB

DT

DE

LB

Even though with some of these positions there isn't a dire immediate pressing need, within a year or two they will be.   Plenty of positions that still need to be addressed, they don't necessarily all have to be done this year but I would suspect that we use draft picks on most of those in this coming draft.  I think we will be trading up multiple times this draft to hone in on some of the players they identify as potential down-the-road if not immediate starters.

• Like (+1) 1

David Edwards sounds like an appropriate Oline pick.  He's not ready to be a starter in the NFL, but he's got good athleticism, measurables and upside.  The Bills can pick him a bit later and coach him up for a year or two.

15 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Any news on the Bills working out Tytus Howard? We still need an LT for the future.

I personally disagree , if we can get 2017 Dawkins back , why can't he be the LT of the future? Only entering year 3. His situation last year was brutal , playing next to below average LG and C . 

With Spain and Morse he can certainly return to his rookie form , if not improve. 

I'd like to see the Bills wait til next years draft to make that determination