Bills likely will still draft OL based on pre-draft work

2 hours ago, colin said:

i think we pick at 9 (or trade up) AND move back up into the 1st round (or high 2nd if need be) and draft an OT

So they are going to trade up twice in the first two rounds?  Not, without dipping into next years picks or giving up a significant roster player.

Just now, Jobot said:

This should be the last time we draft in the top-10 for a while.

The 3 most cornerstone positions to an NFL roster are QB, LT, and MLB.  We've got two of the three.

QB: Josh Allen

MLB: Tremaine Edmunds
DE: Chase Young/AJ Epenesa/Kenny Willekes
LT: Andre Dillard

CB: Tre'Davious White

7 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

QB: Josh Allen

MLB: Tremaine Edmunds
DE: Chase Young/AJ Epenesa/Kenny Willekes
LT: Andre Dillard

CB: Tre'Davious White

I'll definitely give you corner back.  I left DE because I always felt like you need a bunch of good (tier 1b/tier 2) pass rushers to keep fresh, and could get by with that strategy.

12 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

So they are going to trade up twice in the first two rounds?  Not, without dipping into next years picks or giving up a significant roster player.

well, they did it last year.  I think they just throw a bunch of picks from this years draft, and MAYBE next years first if they are going up and getting the edge rusher the covet at the top of the draft.  i think that would take a run on QB/DT/CB/WR/OT to happen

6 hours ago, Magox said:

Bills still need:

Guard

Tackle

WR

TE

RB

DT

DE

LB

Even though with some of these positions there isn't a dire immediate pressing need, within a year or two they will be.   Plenty of positions that still need to be addressed, they don't necessarily all have to be done this year but I would suspect that we use draft picks on most of those in this coming draft.  I think we will be trading up multiple times this draft to hone in on some of the players they identify as potential down-the-road if not immediate starters.

We have four proven starters at WR, and some good depth like Duke Williams etc.   They all get separation and can catch.  

Also very deep at Guard now.

I agree with Tackle, TE, RB

Dline

LB

Our thinnest position is LB for sure, I think we'll take two in the draft.

Two RB's, a tackle and a TE minimum

It seems the volume has been on the interior OL, so I won’t be surprised if an OT comes in rounds 2-4. First round would surprise me, but I’ll trust the people who get paid to evaluate these guys. 

19 hours ago, NewEra said:

We need quality, not quantity.  Most of the guys we have signed, while upgrades from last years turnstiles, are relatively unproven as quality starters.  

Going forward, our OL will be built around Dawkins (not sure which position) and Morse.  Spain is only a 1 year deal.  Long has been a roller coaster,  I love the nsekhe signing but I think he’s a LT and he’s 33.  Teller has potential.  Waddle? Eh. Feliciano?  Might be good.  Might suck. 

Maybe 5 of these guys will gel and form a cohesive unit that we can count on, but it’ll require bucking up big time in 1-2 years.

I just think that we should building Josh Allen a wall of protection should be our #1 priority.  We didn’t break the bank for the WRs or TE.  We shouldn’t skimp on OL or we’re going to regret it imo,  

This 100%.  If the BPA at 9 is an OL...take him.  If not, grab an OL in the 2nd or 3rd, and another in the 6th or 7th. 

“It all starts and ends with the. offensive line.  It’s what football is all about.  You got huge guys, you got hitting, grabbing, blocking, blood, spit, boogers...I mean that’s football.  It’s why they invented the game.”. — Mike Leach

• 4 weeks later...

Sure did and rightfully so. You think the Falcons picking the Tackle out of Washington late in the first was a curveball?

I see the Bills didn’t have Ford in for an official visit. I love the pick and think we got a guy who is going to play hard and want to be good. Seems quite and determined. You need a couple guys like that on the line. One leader and a bunch of guys who buy into it being five working as one. Oline is the most critical unit on the football field. Nice to see our GM understand that.