Ivory gone

3 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Both probably go to camp with a drafted rookie from the mid rounds and I would think maybe even an UDFA.

Gore and Shady will take very few reps in TC.

I think it's good move on Beane's part to let Ivory go now so he can try to get on another roster for the summer.

He was toast the day Beane signed Gore.

..good call CB...and the Taiwan Jones kid who went to IR is a UFA if they see the need for another camp body besides draftee(s).....didn't fare too bad when he played......

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..good call CB...and the Taiwan Jones kid who went to IR is a UFA if they see the need for another camp body besides draftee(s).....didn't fare too bad when he played......

Always still a chance like others have just posted that another RB move happens and Murphy or Ford get released.

With Ivory gone,  when the dust settle on Gaines/Alexander/Fisher $'s get on the books Beane will still have 30 million in cap.

• Like (+1) 1

Ivory was serviceable in our backfield but he had clearly already lost a step and was an easier take down by the time he got here. It was a different story years ago when at the top of his game - a tough no-nonsense fearless downhill runner who I always enjoyed (and sometimes feared) watching him do his thing. I respected him as a player, and still do.

Letting him go now makes sense. Even at his age Frank Gore can do anything CI can do and then some. He is simply, and always has been, a much more accomplished runner (and needless to say one of the greatest players to ever haul the rock). 

Look forward to seeing what the Bills do to replace Ivory.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Always still a chance like others have just posted that another RB move happens and Murphy or Ford get released.

With Ivory gone,  when the dust settle on Gaines/Alexander/Fisher $'s get on the books Beane will still have 30 million in cap.

...Gore is like an old "John Cameron Swazee Timex (check your nightstand drawer)" that just keeps on tickin'.....could be a great locker room presence and excellent mentor for incoming kids.....

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

One in the 3rd and one in the 5th. Gore turns 36 in May. There's no way he has a 4.6 y/a like last year. No matter how improved our oline is.

How about...4.5 y/a?

2 hours ago, DCbillsfan said:

At the risk of being laughed at, I think Beane is holding onto Ducasse to see if he can trade him.  I know it sounds out there but look at John Miller's contract with the Bengals.  

There is a bit of an age gap to consider.  Vlad is 31 and has been a journeyman.  John Miller is 25 and showed glimmers of production before Juan Castillo got a hold of him.  I doubt  Vlad will have any trade value.

20 minutes ago, dayman said:

Ivory played better for us than I thought he would. Sort of shocked we signed Gore honestly. RB is one area where I think we are a little spastic in terms of the way we are acting. 

Beane is already on record stating he knew people would question the Gore signing but that he has a "man crush" on Gore since he entered the league.

I say if he feels that strongly go for it............it's 500k in guarantees.

14 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...Gore is like an old "John Cameron Swazee Timex (check your nightstand drawer)" that just keeps on tickin'.....could be a great locker room presence and excellent mentor for incoming kids.....

I got one somewhere!  LOL.

Edited by ColoradoBills
  • Like (+1) 1

Figured it was happening. Not sure why the need to do it now. Need 90 for Camp. Figured it would have come after the draft. (Unless I guess they were worried about an Injury and then having to count him) while on IR

14 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

There is a bit of an age gap to consider.  Vlad is 31 and has been a journeyman.  John Miller is 25 and showed glimmers of production before Juan Castillo got a hold of him.  I doubt  Vlad will have any trade value.

I agree.  Right now Vlad has no trade value but strange things could happen after the draft to make his value go up some. 

On the one hand I feel bad for the guy, but on the other I'm like "whoo! Some Bills news!"

42 minutes ago, dayman said:

Ivory played better for us than I thought he would. Sort of shocked we signed Gore honestly. RB is one area where I think we are a little spastic in terms of the way we are acting. 

I just think RB is such an easy position to fill now, especially if you have a solid line. All these guys coming out of the mid to late rounds and giving great production. They can grab a guy in the draft pretty easy. It's one area I don't worry about too much. 

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I wasn't referencing you eebs............you have too many sources to be questioned.:thumbsup:   

But ferinstance......Joshallenhasbighands was particularly certain that Ivory was a good signing.

Reality check:

Among 49 qualifying RB's........Ivory ranked 44th in ypa at 3.3.?

Nearly a full yard below the 4.2 league average per carry.

How far below league average is the threshold for being a good stopgap at RB?  

In all seriousness, the Ivory signing goes into the “who cares” bucket. It’s way too insignificant to matter or care about. 

Next. 

14 minutes ago, dubs said:

In all seriousness, the Ivory signing goes into the “who cares” bucket. It’s way too insignificant to matter or care about. 

Next. 

If only this had occurred to you when you saw the title "Ivory gone" and thought.........."I must know more".;)

There are some threads where the title says all YOU need to know.:thumbsup:

I was just busting balls because I had folks telling me yesterday that he was a "good" signing.   Hilarious.:lol:

6 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

If only this had occurred to you when you saw the title "Ivory gone" and thought.........."I must know more".;)

There are some threads where the title says all YOU need to know.:thumbsup:

I was just busting balls because I had folks telling me yesterday that he was a "good" signing.   Hilarious.:lol:

Ha!  Fair enough, fair enough! ? 

Mea Culpa: I sometimes click on threads I know will aggrevate me just to say I’m aggravated with the thread. ? 

Edited by dubs
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Jerry Jabber said:

I liked Ivory's skills as a receiver as he made some good plays. I wish him the best!

Yeah, especially that short toss he took for 55 yards.  They talked about adding Gore for leadership but I also like how hard Ivory runs.  Oh well, bring on a youngster.

• Like (+1) 1