wppete

28 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Top 5 seems pretty set with

CARDINALS-KYLER MURRAY
NINERS-NICK BOSA
JETS-JOSH ALLEN
RAIDERS-QUINNEN WILLIAMS
BUCS-DEVIN WHITE

It gets murky after that with the Giants, Jaguars and Lions who are most rumored with Jawaan Taylor, Montez Sweat, Rashaan Gary, TJ Hockenson, Ed Oliver, Greedy Williams, Johnah Williams and Ed Oliver

I think 9ers could go Bosa but also could go Williams.

The Jets are Bosa or Allen

The Raiders I think will take Devin White

Whoever is left will go to Tampa.

I agree though it is hard after those 5 to predict the order of the next 15 players picked.... Do the Giants go QB? If not where do they go?

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I agree though it is hard after those 5 to predict the order of the next 15 players picked.... Do the Giants go QB? If not where do they go?

Sounds like the Giants are going QB with their second pick which doesn't make sense LOL!

19 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

It's all rumors right now. Even if this is what teams are thinking right now, another team could be aggressive in moving up for a QB (Haskins?) and jump that crowd, throwing everything off. 

It's fun to speculate, but we really don't know much until it all unfolds. 

waste of a pick. we do not need to be spending a top 10 pick on a DT

DT's are no longer a position of importance in the NFL. We have a rookie QB entering year 2 we need to be spending our capital on helping him develop. Take the top Oline guy or TE in the draft and call it a day. 

is Ed Oliver going to help Allen develop into the QB we need him to be? No

On 3/16/2019 at 8:26 PM, wppete said:

I like this guy. He has a good story and seems like a McDermott Process guy.

Ed Oliver from Louisiana replaces Kyle Williams from Louisiana.

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/football/nfl/bills/2019/03/18/buffalo-bills-mock-draft-ed-oliver-houston-first-round/3202700002/

i can totally dig this we need a pro bowler at dt again its what makes our d work 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 3/29/2019 at 8:37 AM, FeelingOnYouboty said:

Top 5 seems pretty set with

CARDINALS-KYLER MURRAY
NINERS-NICK BOSA
JETS-JOSH ALLEN
RAIDERS-QUINNEN WILLIAMS
BUCS-DEVIN WHITE

It gets murky after that with the Giants, Jaguars and Lions who are most rumored with Jawaan Taylor, Montez Sweat, Rashaan Gary, TJ Hockenson, Ed Oliver, Greedy Williams, Johnah Williams and Ed Oliver

A rumor on a website I never heard of before is Atlanta will trade up with Detroit for Ed Oliver and Detroit will drop back for Hockenson

https://detroitsportsnation.com/detroit-lions-trade-2019-nfl-draft/ddrysdale/detroit-lions-news/03/28/2019/202370/

On March 28, 2019 at 6:05 PM, Logic said:

I definitely believe that if the right offer comes in, Beane would accept it.

That being said, I DON'T get the impression that they're desperate to trade down. There are lots of potential difference makers at positions of need that could be available at 9 but that they'll miss out on if they trade down too far. Oliver and the two offensive tackles, for instance. 

Personally, I find it more likely that they pick a player at 9 and then use some of their "extra" picks this year to move BACK up into the late 1st or back up into the 2nd to take more premium players. The sheer amount of free agents they've added and the lack of ability to find spots on the roster for 10 more players leads me to believe the Bills will draft no more than 7 players come April. As such, I don't view a trade down from 9 to be as likely as some Bills fans seem to think. Just my opinion.

I'm not against them trading up, but their 2nd and 3rd only gets them into the very back of the 1st and adding both 4ths doesn't move them much further up.

i think that they'll sit tight in round 1 and 2 but might try to package both 4ths into another late 3rd or maybe try to trade up to the top of the 4th two grad the best guy remaining on day 4.

With that type of speed and explosiveness, why wouldn't teams move him to Edge Rusher?  He is going to have serious problems at 290 lbs in the NFL trying to play inside...being that light, he will make some disruptive plays I'm sure by being quick into the backfield, but he will also get steamrolled as well when teams just decide to run it right at him.

EDIT:  Well, I take that back..Aaron Donald is only 284 lbs and JJ Watt is only 289 lbs that doesn't seem to bother them...Watt and Donald have the potential to single handedly destroy your offensive gameplan on their own if you aren't careful(at least before Watt's injury he did) and have won multiple defensiev player of the year awards between them, so I guess the lighter, quicker DT's can be highly effective as long as they have a lot of strength to go with it(especially lower body strength to anchor the point of attack)

Edited by matter2003

8 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I'm not against them trading up, but their 2nd and 3rd only gets them into the very back of the 1st and adding both 4ths doesn't move them much further up.

i think that they'll sit tight in round 1 and 2 but might try to package both 4ths into another late 3rd or maybe try to trade up to the top of the 4th two grad the best guy remaining on day 4.

I seriously doubt the plan is to make small moves in the middle of the draft. 

3 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

With that type of speed and explosiveness, why wouldn't teams move him to Edge Rusher?  He is going to have serious problems at 275 lbs in the NFL trying to play inside...

I anticipate he will he moved around, which adds even more value to him. Very difficult to game plan for.  Gary can do the same (though he’s not as good imo)

Edited by YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I anticipate he will he moved around, which adds even more value to him. Gary can do the same (though he’s not as good imo)

Makes sense...with that type of quickness off the ball , it would be near impossible for most centers/guards to block him effectively.