Jets wanted Mitch Morse

53 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

They arent that far off, flip the top 2, then put everyone else backup and about 10 spaces between #3 and Miamis current QB situation and it's pretty reasonable........

Why? Cause I'm not all over the front office circle jerk around here just yet? What did I say that was wrong? Up until this offseason this front office has not prioritized the Oline, they have almost neglected it while trading up to grab a LB. This year they grabbed one of the top linemen and 2 backups with upside potential.

Even though I dont agree with the ranking I really dont have a problem with non believers in Allen right now

He will prove it soon enough....the bills are giving him what he needs to be successfull and that is obvious

2 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Yes, because of that. Well, that and being a complete wet blanket about literally EVERYTHING this team does. As for what you said wrong...you're a bigger fan of Darnold than Allen. That's just wrong man, sorry.

I never said I was a fan of Darnold but keep putting words in my mouth. I only said changing putting Brady and Darnold would make that list more believable.

2 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

How can you have Darnold over Allen? It's closer to 2a and 2b

Again, I only said flipping Brady and Darnold makes the list a bit more reasonable.

3 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

This year in FA they did. But since they have been here? They traded back up in the 1st last year to grab a LB and in both drafts never took an olinemen early on, even after losing 2 starters last offseason. They were content signing linemen who were grade near the bottom of the starter rankings.

yesterdays past. time to look ahead to what may just be a bright future and with a draft and 10 picks yet to come.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

They were comfortable in the $10M per year neighborhood... well, isn’t $11M in the $10M pee year neighborhood? 

Makes it sound like the Jets are spending judiciously in free agency or something. 

“Oh, the Bills went $11M. We ere only comfortable at $10.5. Better walk away....”

I mean, they gave a friggin ILB $17M per year! ($5M higher than the next closest ILB). They clearly refused to walk away no matter how high the price got. 

I highly, highly doubt they walked away from Morse over $1M (and if they did, they’re idiots). I’m guessing Morse chose buffalo. 

But why oh why would he do that?
Jest have an up and coming QB too. the reason Morse mentioned he came here.....: )

• Like (+1) 1

If I were a Jets fan, I'd be ticked off.

You have a second year QB who direly needs a quality center, you have the 2nd most cap space in the league, you play in an attractive market, and there are two quality centers on the free agent market. You choose to sign NEITHER of them, one of whom you let go over $1M/year? 

Meanwhile, you go and spend $17M on an off-ball linebacker and give a mega deal to a running back who, by the way, could really use a good center to run behind.

Like I've said in other threads, McCagnan is a terrible GM, and every day that he continues to be employed by the Jets is a good day for Bills fans.

• Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Dude, please. Try a xanax.

he is right though. The O line has been broken under the new regime. or not fixed might be better said.

Marrone ruined it. being an O line Coach and knew better than Gailey and crew. Whaley kinda fixed it for Ryan. But has been piecemealed and under performing for two years running (lol)

ask the RBs

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Even though I dont agree with the ranking I really dont have a problem with non believers in Allen right now

He will prove it soon enough....the bills are giving him what he needs to be successfull and that is obvious

kool aider  lol

: )

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

If I were a Jets fan, I'd be ticked off.

You have a second year QB who direly needs a quality center, you have the 2nd most cap space in the league, you play in an attractive market, and there are two quality centers on the free agent market. You choose to sign NEITHER of them, one of whom you let go over $1M/year? 

Meanwhile, you go and spend $17M on an off-ball linebacker and give a mega deal to a running back who, by the way, could really use a good center to run behind.

Like I've said in other threads, McCagnan is a terrible GM, and every day that he continues to be employed by the Jets is a good day for Bills fans.

it does not seem that hard to me.

On 3/15/2019 at 4:30 PM, apuszczalowski said:

This year in FA they did. But since they have been here? They traded back up in the 1st last year to grab a LB and in both drafts never took an olinemen early on, even after losing 2 starters last offseason. They were content signing linemen who were grade near the bottom of the starter rankings.

To be fair, the first draft was about setting up last year's draft. We needed a King, a Queen, a rook and a bishop.We got most of that last year. This year is about adding a Knight, and some pawns. All a part of the game

On 3/15/2019 at 12:54 PM, BillsFan4 said:

They were comfortable in the $10M per year neighborhood... well, isn’t $11M in the $10M pee year neighborhood? 

Makes it sound like the Jets are spending judiciously in free agency or something. 

“Oh, the Bills went $11M. We ere only comfortable at $10.5. Better walk away....”

I mean, they gave a friggin ILB $17M per year! ($5M higher than the next closest ILB). They clearly refused to walk away no matter how high the price got. 

I highly, highly doubt they walked away from Morse over $1M (and if they did, they’re idiots). I’m guessing Morse chose buffalo. 

NYJ must be Siberia.

24 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Looks like Denver wanted him too

This is great, "The undesirable FA destination" is getting the players other teams want.  The media is just so sharp and accurate these days.

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/15/2019 at 2:37 PM, Joe in Winslow said:

Yes, because of that. Well, that and being a complete wet blanket about literally EVERYTHING this team does. As for what you said wrong...you're a bigger fan of Darnold than Allen. That's just wrong man, sorry.

Darnold and Allen are both promising QB's and I don't think there is anything to indicate who will be better than the other. Only time will tell. Claiming that Allen is obviously better than Darnold is just fan bias coming through.

I will say it again: the "Buffalo can't lure free agents" business is nonsense. Total nonsense.

The type of player that wouldn't want to come to Buffalo solely because the nightlife and weather aren't stellar is the type of player the Bills and McBeane likely wouldn't want on the team anyway.

Quality players that are also quality PEOPLE, like Mitch Morse or Cole Beasley or Micah Hyde, have no problem coming to a place like Buffalo. Furthermore, the money the Pegulas are pumping into the Bills' athletic facilities, and the way they run their team in general, is creating a very favorable look for the Bills. Word is getting around, too. You heard a couple of this year's free agents mention that their agent told them really good things about what was going on with the Bills and the direction of the team.

As we see here, the way the team is run, the leadership, the quarterback situation, heck..a LOT of factors...are more important to many players than the city itself or any of its perceived shortcomings. Case in point: How did the Jets -- in one of the supposed most desirable markets in the NFL -- do this free agency? Anthony Barr went back on his word to them because the thought of going there "made him sick" , Morse chose Buffalo, Paradis chose Carolina.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

I think the point of the of the Manish tweet is that Buffalo knew what they wanted and went after Morse quickly.  The offer the Bills made was enough, and sufficiently front loaded that Morse and his agent saw no reason to sit on their hands and see what the Jets (or anybody else) might do.

At least 3 of the free agents signed specifically mentioned playing with Josh Allen as one of the main reasons they desired to sign. I think the stigma about Buffalo is really a stigma about the quarterbacks that we've had in the past. ?

• Like (+1) 2

On March 15, 2019 at 6:51 PM, apuszczalowski said:

I never said I was a fan of Darnold but keep putting words in my mouth. I only said changing putting Brady and Darnold would make that list more believable.

Again, I only said flipping Brady and Darnold makes the list a bit more reasonable.

There are four people on the list in total.  Falk has to be fourth.  How "far off" from a 123 perspective could anyone be?  From a reality perspective, ranking Darnold ahead of Brady is definitely far off.