What are the Colts doing?

Just now, EmotionallyUnstable said:

The team with the highest amount of cap to spend have made a single move (Funchess at 11mill). 

Meanwhile guys are being snatched up left and right to good contracts. Is Ballard asleep at the wheel, or does he have something brewing that I'm not seeing? 

Maybe the owner Is out of cash like Mark Davis becuase he spent it all on hookers and blow. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 6

There aren't a lot of stars in free agency that have good character that fit the Reich mold.

Frankly I thought Beasley and Landon Collins were the top two Kyle Williams type guys in this free agency that Indy should have acquired.

Funchess for $11M is laughable.   Their fans have to be groaning.  

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
15 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Maybe the owner Is out of cash like Mark Davis becuase he spent it all on hookers and blow. 

I don't think Billionaires have that problem.  If the the owner of an NFL team has money issues because he is doing too much coke, he is probably dead.

Just now, Buffalo Junction said:

Ballard is being judicious. They’re likely going for Bell. After that I expect them to shop vets who get cut... Bargin bin for 1 year deals they can use for depth and comp picks later. 

I don't think there is a chance they are looking to replace Mack as their starter.

17 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Their GM is smart, not sure what number they have to spend but it looks like they may be making a cap donation lol

I think it’s 89% each year.  So you can only carry over 11% or so.  My guess is that they will give Tyrell Williams a huge deal tomorrow

9 minutes ago, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

I don't think there is a chance they are looking to replace Mack as their starter.

I doubt they are thinking of replacing Mack. I think it’s more dependent upon whether they think Bell can play around 50% of his snaps in the slot. If so it provides a lot of scheme versatility. 

There were reports today they were out of the Bell sweepstakes.  They may make some moves once free agency cools down.  They know they have to extend TY next year and Luck the year after that.  Ballard is known for being a conservative GM, but they have been oddly quiet for how much cap space they have.