Report - Bills talking to Hou for Clowney

MAJBobby

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
3 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

Would you take Clowney at 9? I would.

Honestly I would rather keep the pick and take one of the premier defensive linemen in the draft or even Jawaan Taylor if he is there and have that player for 5 years on a rookie deal. 

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

1 minute ago, dje85 said:

Clowney would cost that first rounder likely. So you could cancel that Hockenson jersey. 

Dee Ford just got traded for a 2nd round pick..... in 2020. 

I don't think Beane gives up a 1st rounder.  Just my guess.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, bilzfancy said:

I think it would more likely be a switch of 1st rd picks

You really think all it would take is a switch of first rounders for a young de who had 9 sacks the past two years? 

25 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

If the Bills grab either Ansah or Clowney in free agency you can go ahead and pre-order your Hockenson Bills jersey now.

Don’t sleep on picking up Josh Jacobs... Ivory will be gone and how much can you count on Gore or McCoy staying healthy 

Just now, K-GunJimKelly12 said:

Honestly I would rather keep the pick and take one of the premier defensive linemen in the draft or even Jawaan Taylor if he is there and have that player for 5 years on a rookie deal. 

If it weren't for the rookie contract vs. Clowney's money, it'd be a no brainer. I would prefer they swing a deal that shifts around the first or something else creative assuming there's any validity to this(which there probably isn't.)

Having said that, the defense would transform from solid to elite with this type of move.

1 minute ago, dje85 said:

You really think all it would take is a switch of first rounders for a young de who had 9 sacks the past two years? 

Yeah, and if it wasnt, I wouldn't do it, don't think Beane would either

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Inigo Montoya said:

Dee Ford just got traded for a 2nd round pick..... in 2020. 

I don't think Beane gives up a 1st rounder.  Just my guess.

Dee Ford didn't fit their scheme switch to a 4-3 he has openly been on the trade block. He had to go.  Clowney isn't openly on the trade block. They don't ave to trade him.