Any chance at AJ Green now?

2 hours ago, bills6969 said:

Why’s everyone talking about bringing in big name WR?  We need to fix oline first.  Are there any elite olineman out there on the trading block that we can scoop up?

Because if they can trade for a #1 WR, they can use free agency and the draft to fix the offensive line...they have enough money for both.

Josh Allen needs weapons, especially some that can get open.

It's common sense.

2 hours ago, elltrain22 said:

It would be nice, and it was awesome picturing AB on the Bills last night, but if it doesn't happen, we can still win w/o these players next year, and especially beyond

They're not winning anything without a true #1 WR...whether it's now or later, it's a huge position of need.

They're not winning anything until they turn their offense into a modern day NFL offense that passes the football, and to do that they need a legit weapon at WR.

AJ Green would be a great pick up.  He’s in the last year of his contract and the Bengals haven’t even attempted to sign him to a new contract.  That would make me think he was available.  But there’s one big problem.  He’s the only WR on the team that is worth anything at all.  That makes me think they won’t trade him. 

Lets go young and develop our own guys.  We've been in this cycle trying to find over or slightly over the hill vets.  We have to over pay in order to bring them in here, none of them are real game changers, and that puts us in cap hell every few years.  We have good start of young players we can bill on.  Wasn't AB a 6th or 7th rounder.  These guys are out there we just have to find them.  We need to hit on our 1st, 2nd rounders, 3rd rounders and get a little lucky after that.  If he are going to invest put it into the offense and defense lines.  If we control the line of scrimmage your in every game.

3 hours ago, Tatonka68 said:

After the news of the Bills pursing AB I don't think anything is off the Table. The next seven days will be interesting. At the least we know the Bills are going to be very aggressive this off season. 

Yuss. I can't wait to see what they do next week. At this point I'm sure they have their main targets outlined and have offers ready to go. 

3 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

AJ Green would be a great pick up.  He’s in the last year of his contract and the Bengals haven’t even attempted to sign him to a new contract.  That would make me think he was available.  But there’s one big problem.  He’s the only WR on the team that is worth anything at all.  That makes me think they won’t trade him. 

Brown doesn’t make big moves. 

3 hours ago, bills6969 said:

Why’s everyone talking about bringing in big name WR?  We need to fix oline first.  Are there any elite olineman out there on the trading block that we can scoop up?

They are not mutually exclusive.  You can get a big name WR AND OLine. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, bills6969 said:

Because we have 10 picks and 90 million in cap space.

We can do both at the same time....that was the whole point of last season......clear the decks......focus on this year to get talent

Sign C Matt Paradis  $12 million,  T Trent Brown $10 million, G Ramon Foster $8 million and  WR Tyrell Williams $10 million and I am "good."

Then Draft TE TJ Hockenson with the 9th pick.

Edited by Tatonka68
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BeastMode54 said:

I'm just wondering if after missing on AB, if the Bills would set their sights on AJ Green? He is an injury risk for sure, but much less of a headache than AB and would probably cost less in draft picks too? Not sure Cincy would do it, but might be next best option right?

Hard pass on Green.  Injury prone and on the wrong side of his career.

Julio Jones, now, would be a different story.

18 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

Sign C Matt Paradis  $12 million,  T Trent Brown $10 million, G Ramon Foster $8 million and  WR Tyrell Williams $10 million and I am "good."

or sign Paradis, trade a 3rd rounder for Zeitler, and draft Jonah Williams

Dawkins

Long

Paradis

Zeitler

Williams

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, dezertbill said:

Hard pass on Green.  Injury prone and on the wrong side of his career.

Julio Jones, now, would be a different story.

or sign Paradis, trade a 3rd rounder for Zeitler, and draft Jonah Williams

Dawkins

Long

Paradis

Zeitler

Williams

I'm still bummed Zeitler was traded and it wasn't to us.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tatonka68 said:

I like the plan.   Foster just re-signed with Steelers.  Sub J. James instead now, and draft edge rusher with 9, or OL, or trade-back, get Hockenson and a DL.