Any chance at AJ Green now?

I'm just wondering if after missing on AB, if the Bills would set their sights on AJ Green? He is an injury risk for sure, but much less of a headache than AB and would probably cost less in draft picks too? Not sure Cincy would do it, but might be next best option right?

This is the guy I would have inquired about all along. He's more of the "process" guy Beane and McDermott have been preaching about. Or Julio. I just hope Beane looks into it and not just looks to free agency. No one in free agency really helps us

Edited by Buffalo03
  • Like (+1) 6

I don’t think Cincinnati would let him go yet. If they considered it I would guess they would ask for a kings ransom. 

They are not in a “rebuild” really. 

I think there’s zero chance Green or Julio are available 

We need veteran leadership at WR, someone with WR skills(not an Andre Holmes type), ideally a #1.  Foster, Zay, McKenzie, Ray Ray, Duke- these 5 have 6 years combined experience in NFL.  We will draft at least one WR and TE(Croom 1 year experience, only TE on roster).  That is a boatload of inexperience for Josh.  Adding AJ Green makes so much sense.  He brings what no drafted WR can bring.  Little nuances to being a NFL WR that can be passed on.  Give me AJ over AB 

• Like (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

Why’s everyone talking about bringing in big name WR?  We need to fix oline first.  Are there any elite olineman out there on the trading block that we can scoop up?

Yeah, I can't think of any good reason why people would think Buffalo would be interested in a big name WR...

• Like (+1) 7
  • Haha (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

Why’s everyone talking about bringing in big name WR?  We need to fix oline first.  Are there any elite olineman out there on the trading block that we can scoop up?

Probably because we just tried to trade for a big name wr 

• Haha (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

After the news of the Bills pursing AB I don't think anything is off the Table. The next seven days will be interesting. At the least we know the Bills are going to be very aggressive this off season. 

Exactly! No idea if Cinci has any interest, or what the price might be, but we've learned the Bills will be aggressive in looking to add a playmaker(s) to this offense. 

That said, for the right price I'd be thrilled to pick AJ Green. 

8 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

We can and definitely should do both. 

I suspect the trade route is more appealing for WR, because the options in FA are not that enticing and will get PAID. Whereas there are a number of OL targets in FA that would be a significant upgrade. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

We are gonna go after oline in free agency

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

During FA and offseason trading there really is no specific order the Bills have to follow. They have plenty of cash to get a WR/TE and still grab linemen. 

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, McBean said:

I would go for OBJ, J. jones, or AJ Green.

SO AB TOO OLD (Not that you said this)

but Julio and AJ both same age with significantly more injury history are welcome. 

15 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

The bills have 80MM in cap space. they can sign 

a WR to 18MM a year

two O lineman to 10 a year 

and still  have 50MM left.

44 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

This is the guy I would have inquired about all along. He's more of the "process" guy Beane and McDermott have been preaching about. Or Julio. I just hope Beane looks into it and not just looks to free agency. No one in free agency really helps us

I couldn't agree with you more! This is who ive wanted all along

Someone in the Bills organization should text Beane and ask:

Is your favorite color GREEN?

What do you do at a GREEN light, Brandon?

Did you know grass is GREEN?

What color is the celery you eat with your wings, Brandon?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4