If Jonah Williams and Jawaan Tayor are available when we pick, who do you take?

Dopey

3 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

There was one play where he and Ferrell slipped and it looked like he got destroyed. He was great in that game v another Top 15 guy. Watch again.

I watched the entire game.  I wasn't impressed.  But then again the entire Bama line got beat.

11 hours ago, Dopey said:

Jonah can play guard or tackle where Jawaan is seen as strictly a tackle. We already have our left tackle in Dion. So do you take the more versatile player? Jonah could play RT, LT or move to the guard position. We could have the left side of our line fixed with Jonah at LG with Dion at LT, with a FA Center. Jawaan is the higher rated tackle, we could take him and move Dion to LG. Personally, I would take Jonah and have a lot more versatility in case of injury. Thoughts please?

Taylor

Better Player

11 hours ago, Dopey said:

Jonah can play guard or tackle where Jawaan is seen as strictly a tackle. We already have our left tackle in Dion. So do you take the more versatile player? Jonah could play RT, LT or move to the guard position. We could have the left side of our line fixed with Jonah at LG with Dion at LT, with a FA Center. Jawaan is the higher rated tackle, we could take him and move Dion to LG. Personally, I would take Jonah and have a lot more versatility in case of injury. Thoughts please?

It's not just tackle and guard for Jonah; some scouts believe he's best suited to play Center and I read somewhere that Alabama viewed him as a Center when they got him, but felt that putting him in as a tackle was the best way to utilize all of the talent that they had.

Neither of these guys are my preferred options at #9, but if forced to choose, I think I'd lean towards Williams due to the versatility.

Edited by DCOrange
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It boggles my mind that people are picking Jonah Williams. Short-armed unathletic college LTs become average OGs in the NFL. Even Robert Gallery, who was a better college LT than Williams had to move to Guard.

Taylor & Dillard will be very good OTs. Taylor is better as of now, but I actually think Dillard has the best chance to be a really good LT.

I'd actually rather have Risner than Williams, he's RT only but will be a stud there.

12 hours ago, Dopey said:

WOW that is a tough one ! Either way you go can be a win though because Dion has always been talked as a versatile player who can play most any where on the line & he even started out at RT, so if you pick Taylor move Dion to RT & your T situation is solved .

But because McD likes versatility in his players & they have Williams higher on their board & choose him they could do the same with Dion or leave Dion where he is & use Williams at RT & keep Teller in the mix then you only need one guard .

Or if they do bring in the guy from Carolina Daryl Williams at LT move Dion to RT draft J. Williams & put him at LG & Teller at RG O line solved .

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DCOrange said:

It's not just tackle and guard for Jonah; some scouts believe he's best suited to play Center and I read somewhere that Alabama viewed him as a Center when they got him, but felt that putting him in as a tackle was the best way to utilize all of the talent that they had.

Neither of these guys are my preferred options at #9, but if forced to choose, I think I'd lean towards Williams due to the versatility.

Didn't even consider center. Adds to my intrigue.

13 hours ago, 947 said:

Taylor & it's not close.

Taylor is a very good RT from Day 1, with the feet & ability to eventually play LT.

Jonah Williams is a Guard at the NFL level, I don't think there's any way he could play LT in the NFL.

That is how I see it. We would be lucky to have Taylor fall to 9.

• 5 weeks later...
53 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Anyone still got any wood for Jonah?

Starting to feel he might have jumped the shark for the Bills as a prospect at 9

I know he has that prior  connection with Daboll but  Im thinking they go in another direction... 

I never loved Jonah at 9. In theory though, you could take the Zach Martin approach and plug Williams into the RG spot. You likely have a really good player for a long time there. I still think they go best defensively player available, with an outside shot at Hock or Metcalf. Money's on defensive line though...Gary, Oliver, Sweat, Burns, Wilkins...or one of the guys like Williams or Allen who possibly drop a bit. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I never loved Jonah at 9. In theory though, you could take the Zach Martin approach and plug Williams into the RG spot. You likely have a really good player for a long time there. I still think they go best defensively player available, with an outside shot at Hock or Metcalf. Money's on defensive line though...Gary, Oliver, Sweat, Burns, Wilkins...or one of the guys like Williams or Allen who possibly drop a bit. 

Interested in your thought on Cody Ford.. maybe moving  up to the bottom of the first for him?

This is a great question.

Until Free Agency, I was adamant that we had to take a top o-lineman, but I'm not there now.

With all the additions, I'm good. None of these guys are sure things, and there is depth in this draft. I think they go in other directions now, and if one of the better guys (guard or tackle) is still there in the 2nd, then go for it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 4:50 PM, billspro said:

That is how I see it. We would be lucky to have Taylor fall to 9.

I don't think Taylor gets to #9 either. Think the Jags are zeroing in on him and surprised if he lasts past #7. That said I am not sure I'd pick him at #9 anyway.... because to me he is RT only and I don't see the LT upside. That makes me nervous about spending a top 10 pick. He is certainly someone who can come in and contribute early though.

• Like (+1) 3

On 3/7/2019 at 10:13 PM, Doc said:

Andre Dillard. 

i think this is who they might prefer. as far as the other two, the most common talking points i hear mainly on one bills live with guests such as greg cosell are that

jonah williams is primarily a left tackle ( didn't he spend 3 yrs. there?). he could be projected at guard and apparently got eaten alive by clelin ferrell in the championship game. i also hear that while he's technically sound and a good athlete, he has short arms and not really a mauler.

what i hear on j. taylor is that he's huge and powerful plus has a nasty streak.  didn't he also spend his college career at rt? i don't think these guys are as versatile as a lot of people make them out to be.

dillard gets nothing but high praise as a lt with the only knock being that he was in a primarily passing offense so there's not a lot to go on in the run game.

as for me if i had to pick between williams and taylor, i'd pick taylor and plan on him being the rt of the future.....but i don't really want to have to take one at 9. we may be able to get dillard in the 15 range. i have no clue what they will do.

i just hope they come away with a big nasty dt and at least one promising edge.

Edited by billsredneck1

10 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

i think this is who they might prefer. as far as the other two, the most common talking points i hear mainly on one bills live with guests such as greg cosell are that

jonah williams is primarily a left tackle ( didn't he spend 3 yrs. there?). he could be projected at guard and apparently got eaten alive by clelin ferrell in the championship game. i also hear that while he's technically sound and a good athlete, he has short arms and not really a mauler.

what i hear on j. taylor is that he's huge and powerful plus has a nasty streak.  didn't he also spend his college career at rt? i don't think these guys are as versatile as a lot of people make them out to be.

dillard gets nothing but high praise as a lt with the only knock being that he was in a primarily passing offense so there's not a lot to go on in the run game.

as for me if i had to pick between williams and taylor, i'd pick taylor and plan on him being the rt of the future.....but i don't really want to have to take one at 9. we may be able to get dillard in the 15 range. i have no clue what they will do.

i just hope they come away with a big nasty dt and at least one promising edge.

I have not heard of the Bills having Dillard in..... has anyone else?