FA OT Jake Fisher converting to TE, will work out for Bills

I would rather  have a OT who converted to TE than a WR. At least you know the converted OT can do one thing very good. Converted WR's that try to be TE's look like KB and Croom. I would rather go with the OT converting to TE or my favorite the Antonio Gates way, I'm surprised more power forwards aren't scouted more to try out as a TE.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

McD loves him some position versatility. Thought this was interesting to keep an eye on. 

Another one is George Fant in Seattle who can play OT and TE

Maybe he will pull a Reverse Jason Peters and go from being a ***** tackle to an All-Pro TE.

7 minutes ago, Logic said:

This team never really recovered from the loss of Lee Smith.

I'd offer him $10million per.

Yup it was that loss that kept us from the Lambardi.?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GG said:

Was this the can't miss top rated LT a few years back?

PS - Does this also mean he's at Palmer's camp too?

He was a 2nd rd pick out of Oregon. Never became what the bengals expected there at RT. But he was a 4 star TE in HS who converted to OT in college. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, GG said:

I believe you are thinking of eric fisher of the chiefs

• Like (+1) 3

36 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He was a 1st rd pick out of Oregon. Never became what the bengals expected there at RT. But he was a 4 star TE in HS who converted to OT in college. 

The Bengals used him as an H back a bit as well. Not the worst idea. 

24 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

The Bengals used him as an H back a bit as well. Not the worst idea. 

I just look at McD’s tendencies ... if he could take one roster spot and use for both backup RT and blocking TE/Hback I think he would. My question would be if he’s 285 can he still reliably back up at RT.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I just look at McD’s tendencies ... if he could take one roster spot and use for both backup RT and blocking TE/Hback I think he would. My question would be if he’s 285 can he still reliably back up at RT.

Answer: NO! He wasn't a good RT when he was over 300 pounds, not going to be better at 285 or less.

14 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

This is hilarious

Says someone that is emotionally Unstable.

That said, do we know if he can catch. I would rather have a blocking TE that can also catch then a  blocking TE that can also unsuccessfully hold the line.

• Haha (+1) 1

21 hours ago, GG said:

I thought so to but this guy was drafted in the second by Cinci. Jake Long was #1 overall in 2008, Eric Fisher out of Central Michigan was the #1 overall pick in 2013. Jake Fisher combines both their names which may have caused our confusion. 

Edited by Steve O
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Not a big fan of the strictly blocking tight end. You need to offer some threat in the passing game or you might be better off just keeping the extra offensive lineman and using him on goaline and short yardage situations. 

Edited by racketmaster
  • Like (+1) 1

On 3/2/2019 at 11:31 AM, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I would rather  have a OT who converted to TE than a WR. At least you know the converted OT can do one thing very good. Converted WR's that try to be TE's look like KB and Croom. I would rather go with the OT converting to TE or my favorite the Antonio Gates way, I'm surprised more power forwards aren't scouted more to try out as a TE.

While I agree counting on converting a WR to TE and then hoping he'll become your #1 TE is not good. But having a guy like Croom as your #2 or #3 TE is a nice thing to have as it can create match up issues.