Jason Witten returning to play for Cowboys

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Holy crap! At his age, being retired for a year, and now coming back? Can he be near his old form? Or is this a somewhat selfish move on his part, and an even bigger blunder on the Cowgirls' part? Baffling....

Edited by BuffAlone

Yikes...great guy, great player...but I don't if I would come back if I was him.

I just cant see this being a good move given age and spending a year away from the game.  I think the adjustment to get back to the physicality of the sport is going to be greater than he realizes on his elder body now.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

I wonder if MNF told him he wouldn't be coming back.

The only two people - ever - I've heard do a worse job are Rex Ryan and Beth Mowin.  Witten was historically bad and I hope he never goes back.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Espn probably told Jerry Jones, "Hey, Jer, we'll pay you $13 million to take this dude back and put him on the field and keep him off the air."

The NFL sweetened the pot by offering Jerrah... $20 million in a cap space bump to take him back....as good as Romo is in the booth, his buddy is that bad...

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Yikes...great guy, great player...but I don't if I would come back if I was him.

I just cant see this being a good move given age and spending a year away from the game.  I think the adjustment to get back to the physicality of the sport is going to be greater than he realizes on his elder body now.  

...sadly, the booth will never be the same.......maybe Booger signs next........