Jets pick #3 for sale

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

IMO Haskins is a tier ahead of everyone else. I guess that it will all play out but 3 seems like a good spot to me.

Based on measurables or play?  I think Haskins is very good, but Murray is a more impactful player.  If Murray was three inches taller I don't think it would even be a question as to being the 1st QB picked.

9 hours ago, HansLanda said:

regardless of the quotes and even before the combine, this draft doesn't seem very stacked with high-end talent in the top 5. Seems like middle of 1st round is sweet spot for 'board value.' 

We'll see. 

I think in the top tier there are two players.  That is Bosa and Q. Wiliams who will go 1 and 2.

3 is a perfect place for someone to trade up and take Haskins, probably the Jags.  Because unless you need a QB there are a number of similarly graded  players after that, depending on one's taste.  

So unless Bosa or Q. Williams falls the Jets will likely be tempted by some strong offers for 3.  Besides, they gave up 3 second rounders for Darnold, so are motivated to get some picks back. 

35 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

I certainly wouldn't be interested in trading up to 3, but if we don't sign Kyle's replacement in FA, 9 is a good spot to be sitting in. We need a real impact player at that spor.

Because needs change over the course of time, I would hope that the Bills target a player, no matter the position, who will be great for 5-10 years with their 1st rounder.  Just targeting the best OL at that spot is not as strategic as identifying  the talent that will be a stud through various stages of this Bills formulation.   Year in and year out Pro-Bowler.

So I agree with you. 

Honestly, I would consider a trade up for Nick Bosa. That's it. Otherwise I'd be looking to trade back a few spots or stay put. I do not think that Beane will trade up this year. I remeber him saying something about trading up needing to be calculated and such and not something you can do every year. Having traded up for two first round picks last year, I think Beane moves around the draft board, but I doubt a trade up in the first. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown
It's Nick Bosa!

11 hours ago, purple haze said:

Based on measurables or play?  I think Haskins is very good, but Murray is a more impactful player.  If Murray was three inches taller I don't think it would even be a question as to being the 1st QB picked.

Play, I think that Haskins is a really advanced passer. I don’t know if you saw Dan Orlovsky break it down on GET UP yesterday or not but it’s worth a watch. Haskins does things pre-snap and during the play that are well ahead of where others are. He said that he will blow everyone away this weekend on the whiteboard. That is in addition to his “clutch gene” (most 4th quarter TDs) and high completion percentage. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Play, I think that Haskins is a really advanced passer. I don’t know if you saw Dan Orlosky break it down on GET UP yesterday or not but it’s worth a watch. Haskins does things pre-snap and during the play that are well ahead of where others are. He said that he will blow everyone away this weekend on the whiteboard. That is in addition to his “clutch gene” (most 4th quarter TDs) and high completion percentage. 

Yeah I like Haskins alot. I think him and Murray will both be good players tho

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Play, I think that Haskins is a really advanced passer. I don’t know if you saw Dan Orlosky break it down on GET UP yesterday or not but it’s worth a watch. Haskins does things pre-snap and during the play that are well ahead of where others are. He said that he will blow everyone away this weekend on the whiteboard. That is in addition to his “clutch gene” (most 4th quarter TDs) and high completion percentage. 

Didn't see it, I'll look for it though.  Like I said, I dig Haskins.  I'm a Bucks fan.  I can't dispute Orlovsky's knowledge, and Haskins is clutch. But to my eye, Murray has as strong an arm, good accuracy and can also kill a team with his legs on RPO's and off-schedule plays alike.  He is dynamic.  If a team takes Haskins first I get it.  I just believe if Murray was at least 6'0 tall more teams would grab Murray first.

• Like (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, purple haze said:

Didn't see it, I'll look for it though.  Like I said, I dig Haskins.  I'm a Bucks fan.  I can't dispute Orlovsky's knowledge, and Haskins is clutch. But to my eye, Murray has as strong an arm, good accuracy and can also kill a team with his legs on RPO's and off-schedule plays alike.  He is dynamic.  If a team takes Haskins first I get it.  I just believe if Murray was at least 6'0 tall more teams would grab Murray first.

FWIW, I like Murray a lot too. He’s 2nd to me. I just think that he’s closer to a mid-1st rounder and has downside. Haskins to me has a high floor and ceiling. I like Daniel Jones a little bit too (and maybe I shouldn’t). 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, PIZ said:

"definitely be potentially interested"?

13 hours ago, Augie said:

What more do you need to know? 

Pretty much - I have a high pick and would almost certainly possibly entertain the idea of maybe perhaps trading back if a potentially good offer presents itself....said every GM with a first round pick ever. Every pick is for sale until it's not - Jets GM saying this is about as meaningful as any pre-draft talk from any FO.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

but this years crop of QB's isn't that "exciting" so....

But they are still QB’s, and we know how that ends. If you need one....you just might draft your EJ.   ?

On 2/27/2019 at 7:51 PM, Alphadawg7 said:

True, really comes down to how much a team will covet Murray or Haskins if both are on board at 3. 

One note on the Raiders though, Mayock their GM has been running around the combine talking up Carr saying he truly believes he's a franchise QB.  So they may not be a real player at QB come draft time (although things can certainly change along the way).  

Best case scenario for Jets is if AZ decides to take Murray #1 making Haskins value in terms of draft slot go way up.  AZ just added more fire to the fact they may take Murray #1 stating that Rosen "is their QB right now"  That statement doesn't exactly ring as a commitment to Rosen and now its fueling more speculation that Murray is in play still at #1 for them. 

I was expecting a thread on this. That caught my attention as well.

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

With Murray measuring in at 5'10 and better than expected hand size, I expect him to be taken ahead of Haskins. If I had to bet, I would bet he goes number 1 to AZ and Kingsbury moves Rosen.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Honestly, I would consider a trade up for Nick Bosa. That's it. Otherwise I'd be looking to trade back a few spots or stay put. I do not think that Beane will trade up this year. I remeber him saying something about trading up needing to be calculated and such and not something you can do every year. Having traded up for two first round picks last year, I think Beane moves around the draft board, but I doubt a trade up in the first. 

You like Bosa over Allen?

I’m actually the opposite. I like Allen because he was literally getting pressure on 1/4 of his rushes, can cover, and basically do it all. Plus, with Zo still here, he would be the perfect guy for Allen to learn from and take over after Zo retires. This draft to

me has that same feel it did Clowney and Mack. Both will be great players.  

1 hour ago, Golden Goat said:

I think AZ is going to take Murray personally, or at the very least seriously considering it.  Rosen was not the guy they wanted in the draft, they wanted Allen and now they have a new staff too who loves Murray.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I think AZ is going to take Murray personally, or at the very least seriously considering it.  Rosen was not the guy they wanted in the draft, they wanted Allen and now they have a new staff too who loves Murray.  

I smile every time I think about this. For once we were the team that $crewed -- not got $crewed!

• Like (+1) 2