Jets pick #3 for sale

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26096968/jets-looking-deal-no-3-pick-draft-haul

GM Mike Mccagnan:

"If we end up picking a player at three, we'll feel really good," he said. "If there's an opportunity for us to move back and acquire more picks, that's something we'd definitely be potentially interested in. It would have to be the right kind of deal, but I definitely wouldn't rule anything out at this point in time."

"If there are teams out there looking to go chase a quarterback," he said, "I think we're in a pretty good position to be in. I don't necessarily like how we got the third pick, but it's a good pick to have."

Edited by IgotBILLStopay

7 minutes ago, White Linen said:

Sounds about right.  

Yeah, if we were at #3 I would be very interested in trading back too.  Question is will they get an offer as the #3 pick will be pricey, so is there a guy someone wants bad enough there to pay the cost to get the #3 pick.  

9 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Yeah, if we were at #3 I would be very interested in trading back too.  Question is will they get an offer as the #3 pick will be pricey, so is there a guy someone wants bad enough there to pay the cost to get the #3 pick.  

I think that they will be in a prime spot for someone that wants a QB. The Raiders are a WC at 4 and the Jags and Giants are sitting at 6,7. The Jets can float rumors out there of Gruden wanting his own QB and get someone to go to 3. IMO Haskins is a tier ahead of everyone else. I guess that it will all play out but 3 seems like a good spot to me.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

I think that they will be in a prime spot for someone that wants a QB. The Raiders are a WC at 4 and the Jags and Giants are sitting at 6,7. The Jets can float rumors out there of Gruden wanting his own QB and get someone to go to 3. IMO Haskins is a tier ahead of everyone else. I guess that it will all play out but 3 seems like a good spot to me.

True, really comes down to how much a team will covet Murray or Haskins if both are on board at 3. 

One note on the Raiders though, Mayock their GM has been running around the combine talking up Carr saying he truly believes he's a franchise QB.  So they may not be a real player at QB come draft time (although things can certainly change along the way).  

Best case scenario for Jets is if AZ decides to take Murray #1 making Haskins value in terms of draft slot go way up.  AZ just added more fire to the fact they may take Murray #1 stating that Rosen "is their QB right now"  That statement doesn't exactly ring as a commitment to Rosen and now its fueling more speculation that Murray is in play still at #1 for them. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, HansLanda said:

regardless of the quotes and even before the combine, this draft doesn't seem very stacked with high-end talent in the top 5. Seems like middle of 1st round is sweet spot for 'board value.' 

We'll see. 

Me as GM: I like every player in this draft and will draft them if I have the chance. So please trade with me if you want a player. 

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Gosh I hope so, the more quarterbacks  picked in front of the Bills the better!! Bills will either end up with an elite Dlineman or Olineman. 

I don't think that is happening. There is very little QB hype at all aside from Lock and Denver...and who knows if that is just smoke. 

I continue to wonder what Beane thinks of Oliver, who may fall. Last year at this time he was basically the consensus #1 prospect for 2019...got dinged up and also had a "not the process guy" issue with Applewhite over a - seriously - non-starter overcoat when he was being disciplined. 

10 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Me as GM: I like every player in this draft and will draft them if I have the chance. So please trade with me if you want a player. 

Other than the player you are planning on drafting, You will have your doubts on wether he can play at the next level.  There are also those tweets from when he was 11 years old which will be mysteriously leaked the morning of the draft.

• Haha (+1) 2

Murray is going to be a baseball player.  The NFL team that drafts him is stupid (Raiders?) - most will shy away, the risk of a completely blown pick is just too high. 

That means even more teams will be desperate to move up and get Haskins - and yeah, I can believe they will trade up to 3 to get him. 

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Heck we're at 9 and I'm interested in trading back.  It's the benefit of having made your choice at QB.  

• Like (+1) 4

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It's apparent that Gruden isn't enamored with Carr and Carr enamored with Gruden. If Gruden was going to seek a qb from this draft it would be interesting to see what offers he would get for Carr. One team that I suspect will be interested in dealing for Carr is Jacksonville. 

24 minutes ago, Augie said:

What more do you need to know? 

I am definitely potentially interested in hearing more about this.  At least I think I am interested...I mean definitely, potentially, probably, maybe interested.  I'm 50/50 on if I am definitely potentially interested in hearing more about it.

4 minutes ago, PIZ said:

I am definitely potentially interested in hearing more about this.  At least I think I am interested...I mean definitely, potentially, probably, maybe interested.  I'm 50/50 on if I am definitely potentially interested in hearing more about it.

So.....you're in.

....or out? 

But probably one of the two. 

• Like (+1) 1