Crazy Wind Storm Coming

5 hours ago, Gray Beard said:

I’m not too worried about entire trees coming down.  It’s the individual branches that fall.  They’ve fallen on my house, my car, and my wires over the years.   So far so good, and we are at peak winds this morning for this storm according to the weather prognosticators.  

In that case, it's your neighbors responsibility to hire a good tree man to climb up there and prune it well.

I had an oak tree like that. I hired a tree man to give it a good trim. I'm sure that investment saved me a fallen limb and angry neighbor.

2 hours ago, JohnC said:

This clip was taken from the Buffalo News. It shows the ice breaking through a wall. 

https://buffalonews.com/2019/02/24/the-ice-book-has-broken-poloncarz-reports/?utm_medium=more_stories

Very cool video, thanks for posting the link.    I wonder how high the water level has risen?  It can go up quite a bit.  If that is the Canadian side, I have to guess the wind was from the south.   Thanks to bdutton also.

Edited by Greybeard

5 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...66 mph in Roch-Cha-Cha....just saw Todo and Auntie Em go buzzin' by my window.......

Yeah but we didn't get hit too bad with power outages. Which means neither me nor my folks lost power. If either of us had been hit and we were the only ones, I would have said massive power outages.

My daughter lives in Elmwood Village (me, 2500 miles away). I'm on Twitter seeing all the damage, fallen trees, etc. So I text her asking her if she parked away from any trees (I haven't seen her new place, so I have no clue). She informs me, no she didn't. I tell her I'm seeing downed trees, falling on cars all over the city. She snaps back...there is nowhere to park where there isn't a tree. Our streets are lines with them, our backyard has one too. So tell, me where should I park? Me...okay, be safe. 

6 hours ago, Steve O said:

Yeah but we didn't get hit too bad with power outages. Which means neither me nor my folks lost power. If either of us had been hit and we were the only ones, I would have said massive power outages.

....yup...no outages for me....a couple of flickers but that's it.......reminded me of a "Trainwrecks Windstorm"......all bark and......squat...........:thumbsup:

15 hours ago, Turk71 said:

I accidentally got on the skyway when it was closed. I drove through a blinding blizzard downtown and somehow ended up on the Skyway.  I had been gone for years and didn't know what I was doing. Being on top of the Skyway in complete darkness with only snow in view was like being on another planet. I remember controlling my fearful reaction and realizing what a unique situation I was in. I creeped along with very little vision and I drove past my Tifft st exit. I couldn't see until I got to Ridge Rd then backtracked. I just took that journey again in my mind and it was amazing.

I bet it felt good at the time to get off the skyway! IMO the Sjyway, 400, 219, and the 990 are the worst of em all during bad weather. The skyway gives me heebie jeebies.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

I bet it felt good at the time to get off the skyway! IMO the Sjyway, 400, 219, and the 990 are the worst of em all during bad weather. The skyway gives me heebie jeebies.

It was terrifying, I clicked into survival mode and didn't allow myself to freak out. I was immensely relieved when I could final see again and got onto Ridge. I drove right past Tiff St without even seeing it.

11 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

Skyway gives me heebie jeebies even in good weather

17 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

I had to land at Newark for work yesterday and it was scary. Had some idiot woman screaming and the other passengers had to restrain her.

yep...i dont like to fly as it is..no way i would have been in a plane the last couple of days in the NE. Work can wait!

Now if it was coming for a Bills game...fug it, it's in Gods' hand if he wants me to see the Bills..and I am sure he does, so I be on the plane!

Edited by plenzmd1