Sign in to follow this  
YoloinOhio

Kyler Murray officially chooses Football over Baseball

Maybe he watched the AAF over the weekend and saw his future was bright 

• Haha (+1) 2

His name itself will sell tickets to whoever drafts him, so someone will take him earlier than he should. The Jaguars and their empty stadium desperately needs a namesake like him.

• Like (+1) 1

rumble young man, rumble, may you give us many moments of excellence in the path(s) you choose

hopefully on a team i cheer for, but whom are we kidding any more....

4 minutes ago, CajunBillsBacker said:

His name itself will sell tickets to whoever drafts him, so someone will take him earlier than he should. The Jaguars and their empty stadium desperately needs a namesake like him.

That’s why I think Washington makes a ton of sense. They need a QB and some excitement around that team. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, CajunBillsBacker said:

I agree 100%. His style of play will fill up stadiums and that is where the pure profit is for NFL owners.

This kid obviously will be compared to Manziel because of his size but the truth is that Murray has a better arm AND is much faster and will draw crowds.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bill from NYC said:

I agree 100%. His style of play will fill up stadiums and that is where the pure profit is for NFL owners.

This kid obviously will be compared to Manziel because of his size but the truth is that Murray has a better arm AND is much faster and will draw crowds.

I see a rich man's Russel Wilson.  I think he's going to be great.

• Like (+1) 1

Obviously. Baseball is boring.

If he gets drafted later than he wanted or to a team he doesn't like, what is going to stop him from "changing" his mind.......nada.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive

this is great news for us!! He'll go top 10, and that will also help the other first round QBs go sooner as well. Trading down looks more realistic everyday!!

4 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

If he gets drafted later than he wanted or to a team he doesn't like, what is going to stop him from "changing" his mind.......nada.

Dude....you are killing my woodie

The thought of some team trading up with us to get him is quite exciting

• Like (+1) 1

Think he ends up going top 5 when it's all said and done, maybe top 1.

It'll be interesting to see what Arizona does with their #1, after what Kingsbury said about taking Murray. Do they try to unload Rosen now?

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Dude....you are killing my woodie

The thought of some team trading up with us to get him is quite exciting

Boy would that be great

I could see a team like Miami drafting him. Curious to see how he does in the pros and I have my doubts. I think any team taking him in the 1st round would be making a mistake. The threat of him leaving to play baseball would always be hovering over team.

Edited by billieve420

It will be interesting to see how tall he is. I don't believe he is 5'10".

I just finished watching some of his highlights and think I'm having a change of heart.🤔

I think drafting Hollywood Brown may not be such a bad idea.😎 Man that kid can separate and fly!

did he not take like a $7M signing bonus from the A's? How does that work?

It’s good news for us for trade scenarios. 

But a terrible move on his part in my opinion. 

Baseball players make so much money. Long term health and financials baseball was such a better move. You don’t even have to be that good to make so much guaranteed money. 

• Like (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

did he not take like a $7M signing bonus from the A's? How does that work?

Has to repay most of it, from what I read he received 1.6 million and was due 3.1 more in March. 

Sucks for the A’s, no comp pick. 

• Thanks! (+1) 1

The more QBs in the draft, the better for the Bills.  At least some mock drafters have him going in the top 8, which would be great for the Bills.  He's shorter than Baker  Mayfield, but only be a couple inches.  Mayfield seems to manage just fine, and I don't know that it would be any harder for Murray.  It is a given that whoever drafts him understands that teams' offense will have to be structured around Murray's skill set.