Jachai Polite - your new edge?

3 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

Yeah. I'm just underwhelmed. Guy had 15 sacks in 3 years. Small. I wouldn't take him in the top 20. Much more of a Ferrill guy.

6'2", 260, projected 4.8 forty.  Think he may be drafted higher then his measureables merit.

No thank you

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

6'2", 260, projected 4.8 forty.  Think he may be drafted higher then his measureables merit.

No thank you

Projected 4.8 forty? And I think 260 is generous. Not trying to be imPOLITE, but I have zero interest in this dude.

10 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Good player...

Dont think he will be the pick at 9 though..

15 maybe..

I'm all for a trade down and draft @15 and pick up a 2nd or two late firsts with the Raiders

5 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

“High motor” is overrated.  “Lunch pail guy” and “quick first step” are what you want to hear to describe pass rushers.

Kyle William was 'high motor' I want a turbo charged guy

5 hours ago, CSBill said:

Arron Maybin had a really high motor, how'd that work out?

had a high motor but no transmission

4 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

Why does it always seem to be that when the Bills need Offense, there’s nobody slotted to be there when we draft? Or when the Bills need Defense the reverse is true? Is it that TBD followers are afraid to make a pick? Is that why BPA is the annual pick dajour?

This defense is not 'elite' despite TBD. The D was what 29th or 30th in sacks? Better pass rush gives the very good secondary more chances to make turnovers and put JA in  better position to score.

Edited by RocCityRoller
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

“High motor” is overrated.  “Lunch pail guy” and “quick first step” are what you want to hear to describe pass rushers.

Please don't ever use the term lunch pail again. Did we not learn from the mediocrity of Chris Kelsay.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, CSBill said:

Arron Maybin had a really high motor, how'd that work out?

Yes Weed whacker motors run at high rpms.  He had a quick first step if IIRC.

LMAO, draftscout has him listed as a former 1st round pick of the Jets.  They can have credit for that one.  It says it in the player news.

Edited by formerlyofCtown

11 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Good player...

Dont think he will be the pick at 9 though..

15 maybe..

Not to single you out but I'll never understand this suggestion that gets said every year.  If you're good enough to be drafted at 15 - you're good enough to be drafted 9th.  

24 minutes ago, White Linen said:

Not to single you out but I'll never understand this suggestion that gets said every year.  If you're good enough to be drafted at 15 - you're good enough to be drafted 9th.  

You don’t understand that there is a better player available after only 8 guys are off the board?

3 minutes ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Chris Kelsay had a good career.  It is a shame that he is so maligned by some here.

He was a below average player at the most important defensive position who got paid like he was rock solid. It's not that he was terrible. It's that he should have been strictly a rotational guy. He's very emblematic of the Bills mediocrity over the last 20 years.

At 2:07 in the video....he forces the fumble....... Then wants to celebrate while the ball is still rolling around on the turf waiting to be recovered.  It makes me seethe when defensive players dont have the awareness to finish a play so they can celebrate.  Call it low awareness, call it selfish, whatever you call it, its a trait you hate to see in a prospect.

Also it looks like his go to move is outside speed, that wont work as well in the NFL where the tackles are much more capable.  

Edited by Estro

8 hours ago, BUFFALOKIE said:

Yeah, "ni**a this, ni**a that" rap autotuned is the worst.

Polite looks like a stud in that video though.

It is the worst, but like did we really need a description of the lyrics?

Edited by Clyde Smith
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Clyde Smith said:

It is the worst, but like did we really need a description of the lyrics?

I definitely didn't need the description. Not quite sure why that was necessary.

Kid looks good, but it's a highlight video. Still not a fan because of size/speed/productivity. Not quite sure why this guy is considered some hot prospect. Maybe I'm missing something.

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 hours ago, RocCityRoller said:

After Josh Allen Jachai Polite is nasty... will be there at 9. Opposite Hughes?

turn the volume down.... downright offensive 'music'

Probably a bit old fashioned, but there we're a lot of clips on his highlight reel where he was busy mugging the camera "flexing nuts" while the play was still going on and the ball was still bouncing around on the turf.

Bugs me a bit...play to the whistle then pat yourself on the back. Just could envision him doing something completely Billsy, like dancing around beating his chest while a Patriot player picks up the loose ball and runs it in for a score.

I have a good imagination for all the things my Bills could do wrong.

Edited by WideNine