Jachai Polite - your new edge?

I love hearing "high motor" as a descriptor for a d lineman. Seems like it's one of the common traits you see among the elite. All the physical talent in the world doesn't matter if you're not giving 100% effort on every snap, and this guy seems to have the talent and the motor. DE isn't our biggest need, but if Beane and friends think he's the BPA when we're on the clock, I would be happy to have him. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ColdFront_USAF said:

I love hearing "high motor" as a descriptor for a d lineman. Seems like it's one of the common traits you see among the elite. All the physical talent in the world doesn't matter if you're not giving 100% effort on every snap, and this guy seems to have the talent and the motor. DE isn't our biggest need, but if Beane and friends think he's the BPA when we're on the clock, I would be happy to have him. 

“High motor” is overrated.  “Lunch pail guy” and “quick first step” are what you want to hear to describe pass rushers.

• Like (+1) 1

Why does it always seem to be that when the Bills need Offense, there’s nobody slotted to be there when we draft? Or when the Bills need Defense the reverse is true? Is it that TBD followers are afraid to make a pick? Is that why BPA is the annual pick dajour?

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

“High motor” is overrated.  “Lunch pail guy” and “quick first step” are what you want to hear to describe pass rushers.

1 hour ago, CSBill said:

Arron Maybin had a really high motor, how'd that work out?

As I recall, it was mainly "quick first step" that got Maybin drafted early.  I think it was McShay, in particular, who went on and on about that quick first step.

In McDermott's defense the LE has to be able to play some 5 and 6tech. I could see them going Gary, if he's there. Polite would have to play LBer for the Bills. I really think the player people are sleeping on for the Bills is Baker.

I'd bet they have a top five on defense similar to this.

1. Simmons

2. Gary

3. Oliver

4. White

5. Baker

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

You can't say "lunch pail" without thinking of Chris Kelsay.

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, fergie's ire said:

As I recall, it was mainly "quick first step" that got Maybin drafted early.  I think it was McShay, in particular, who went on and on about that quick first step.

His second and third steps were way below average. Perhaps he had a high motor but a crappy transmission.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, snafu said:

His second and third steps were way below average. Perhaps he had a high motor but a crappy transmission.

His first step was quick because it was before he encountered a blocker. All speed, no torque.

7 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Good player...

Dont think he will be the pick at 9 though..

15 maybe..

Yea most picks saw him as a late first, saw another mock had him at first pick in the 2nd. A top 10 pick seems to be alil of a reach, although I admit I don’t know much about him, and edge guys can easily get pushed forward. 

• Like (+1) 1