Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
njbuff

Would you trade a high 2020 draft choice for AB?

Recommended Posts

He is related to LeRoy, nothing but trouble

  • Haha (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Pbomb said:

Isn’t he a valuable asset himself that we would be adding and fill a major need. So because we are not super bowl contenders we shouldn’t try to get good veterans. He isn’t that old, I would hope the bills are trying to build a Super Bowl contender within a couple years while he would still be here

 

Seems like there is a lot of problems in Pittsburgh, maybe it’s not all his fault 

 

Obviously you haven't been following the situation. 

 

No team builds their team by overpaying players. Did that work out for us with Mario Williams? How did T.O. do for us? I forgot about all those playoffs we made with those star players. All those playoff appearances we made with Shady. But Antonio Brown is the chosen one right? Look at all those high paid free agents the Patriots signed over the years. How many high priced moves have the Saints and Rams made?  Sure the Rams made a bold move for Brandin Cooks but the Rams were already SB contenders and felt that he'd push them over the top. Ended up to be a great move especially when Kupp went down. These teams built through the draft and signing FAs to fill holes. Best WR doesn't equal Super Bowl. Doesn't work that way.

 

How great would it be if Allen struggles and we have Antonio Brown bitching him out. What wonders it will do for a young QB. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, QuoteTheRaven83 said:

No to Bell and no to Brown. Spend LOTS of money on o-line and draft BPA on draft day. 

 

One of the greatest criminals/murderers Marvin Harrison? The violent one? Yea, that one. 

Is he in prison?  Oh wait, the rumored one?  Yeah that one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

..AB and OBJ are two MAJOR distractions, that despite their obvious talent, would NEVER fit "the process"........ME versus WE need not apply PERIOD.....just ain't happenin'........simply loathe the "ME" versus "WE" divas who disrespect the game and think they are bigger than the game itself.....eff them despite talent........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's too old and clearly has some issues beyond football. 

 

Elite talent, not the right guy for this team right now. 

 

If he was a FA that is a different story. Wouldn't have to lose an asset, I would think about it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, QuoteTheRaven83 said:

 

Obviously you haven't been following the situation. 

 

No team builds their team by overpaying players. Did that work out for us with Mario Williams? How did T.O. do for us? I forgot about all those playoffs we made with those star players. All those playoff appearances we made with Shady. But Antonio Brown is the chosen one right? Look at all those high paid free agents the Patriots signed over the years. How many high priced moves have the Saints and Rams made?  Sure the Rams made a bold move for Brandin Cooks but the Rams were already SB contenders and felt that he'd push them over the top. Ended up to be a great move especially when Kupp went down. These teams built through the draft and signing FAs to fill holes. Best WR doesn't equal Super Bowl. Doesn't work that way.

 

How great would it be if Allen struggles and we have Antonio Brown bitching him out. What wonders it will do for a young QB. 

Right so let’s just stay in mediocrity and not even try to get better cause it didn’t work out in the past. Or maybe he would help Allen cause you know he is actually really good, that would be great too.

 

didnt the rams go out and get suh, Fowler, talib, Peters, woods, whitworth, cooks in 2 off seasons. None were drafted

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, HOUSE said:

He is related to LeRoy, nothing but trouble

 

I see what you did there 😏

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No way in hell

giphy.gif

Edited by Real McCoy
  • Haha (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d trade a 2nd.  Big risk but the reward is huge.  He’s so impressive to me as a WR.  I think he’s the best I’ve ever seen (not saying he’s the best ever or anything).  I really like the way he plays the position.and I think he’s exacrly what Josh Allen needs.  While this might be crazy and could backfire, I bet on Josh Allen.  I bet that Josh Allen isn’t Big Ben.  Big Ben is a turdburgler and I get why AB doesn’t get along with him (I’ve met Big Ben a few times, not speaking for hearsay).  Josh Allen is a young fun loving and passionate kid.  Seems to me like shady adores him

amd shady is our biggest personality that could compare to AB’s.  

 

If this was a Stevie Johnson type talent, I wouldn’t want any part of him. With our cap room and his skill level, I’d roll the dice and bet on Josh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

His production over the years is ridiculous and you don't have a player of his calibre on the market often.  Beane would have to do his due dilligence and investigate everthing that went south in Pittsburgh given the high drama that seems to go on under tomlin.  Also, we'd somehow have to get a sense of if he'd be willing to play here for an unproven young QB.  If all that checks out the Bills have the salary space to take on the last three years of his contract which seems to be about the max we can get out of him before his body starts to decline.  Maybe add in some incentives and bonuses to the deal to make him warm up to the idea of playing in Buffalo.

 

My guess is he's going to SF as he's expressed interest there and it makes sense to give Jimmy G a number 1 WR.  I'd at least offer a 2nd and maybe Lawson or Hughes for him only if he checks out.  Josh Allen would benefit immensely.

Edited by Doc Brown

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/8/2019 at 9:45 PM, njbuff said:

Simple question.

 

The Steelers might hold out for a high 2019 pick, which the Bills can't afford to do, since the Bills DO NOT plan on drafting in the top 10 for a long time.

 

I don't know who holds the leverage (the Steelers or Brown), but, it's apparent that Brown will not be back with the Steelers.

 

What do you guys think?

 

YES! Fill a huge need with a perennial All-Pro, yes!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We would be a better football team with him so yes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's kinda funny how many WRs the Steelers have let walk over the years and they keep finding new, better guys that step up.  From Plaxico Burress, Hines Ward (retired), Santonio Holmes, Mike Wallace, Emmanuel Sanders, Antonio Brown and now Juju Smith-Schuster.

 

I'd rather steal the Pittsburgh WR scout and draft my own new, young players to develop with Allen. I'd rather not have a deva in the locker room...didn't the Bills learn a lesson from Sammy?

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It doesnt matter if the Steelers offered AB for Nate Peterman, unless we get rid of Poyer I see no way those two can share a locker room.  Brown shouldnt even be mentioned by us as a possible trade target, it wont happen

Edited by BillsMafia13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are finally building a team the right way.....we don't need the drama....I'll pass....spending huge $$ on any " one " position is not the way to go..( except QB ).....

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

O.P. are you talking about 2019 or 2020 pick? I do believe  the 2019 is available,but think Beane wants AB. Maybe even just swap 1st's?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/11/2019 at 9:53 AM, Iron Maiden said:

We are finally building a team the right way.....we don't need the drama....I'll pass....spending huge $$ on any " one " position is not the way to go..( except QB ).....

 

...great call bud....as painful and prolonged as it is, still remains the "right way" over the long haul.....2019 with 10 picks and $$$ FA bucks will be one of THE most pivotal years in the last decade for this club, or perhaps since the Polian era.....6-10 next year is a genuine cause for concern IMO.....

  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/10/2019 at 5:04 PM, Pbomb said:

Right so let’s just stay in mediocrity and not even try to get better cause it didn’t work out in the past. Or maybe he would help Allen cause you know he is actually really good, that would be great too.

 

didnt the rams go out and get suh, Fowler, talib, Peters, woods, whitworth, cooks in 2 off seasons. None were drafted

 

Adding Antonio Brown doesn't make us that much better. He would probably be the worst thing for Allen IMO. An ego like that with a "give me the ball" attitude won't help Allen. Look at his great relationship with Roethlisberger. You think adding that crap will help a young QB like Allen? I guarantee you if he comes to Buffalo, he's not catching 100+ balls. He's not catching 90 balls. I'd be shocked if he caught 80+ balls. Oh, Brown would love that...Would work wonders for a young QB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/10/2019 at 3:28 PM, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..AB and OBJ are two MAJOR distractions, that despite their obvious talent, would NEVER fit "the process"........ME versus WE need not apply PERIOD.....just ain't happenin'........simply loathe the "ME" versus "WE" divas who disrespect the game and think they are bigger than the game itself.....eff them despite talent........

 

 

Antonio Brown scored 15 TD's last season. Now to me that screams get AB the football. In comparison Buffalo's TE's WR's and RB's combined scored 13 TD's. ( receiving) 15 TD's can help win allot of football games my friend.

 

As a RB back in the day Thurman Thomas wanted the football. Buffalo was smart enough to give it to him.  Big fan of Thurman Thomas, but it would not surprise me If he was a miserable person to be around sometimes If he didn't get his touches. The Bills team that went to 4 straight Superbowls bickered because it was full of talented players with big ego's. Its funny how when your winning all the negativity along the way is easily forgotten, when you lose everything gets magnifified. My point is the Steelers have been crowned world champions in the past with AB as a big part of their process/ team chemistry.

 

Myself personally, If Buffalo shows a genuine interest in AB its because McD feels the leadership in the locker room is strong enough to handle it. 

 

I agree with you on OBJ, he's a major distraction, but I don't know If I can put AB in the same category.

Edited by Figster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, QuoteTheRaven83 said:

 

Adding Antonio Brown doesn't make us that much better. He would probably be the worst thing for Allen IMO. An ego like that with a "give me the ball" attitude won't help Allen. Look at his great relationship with Roethlisberger. You think adding that crap will help a young QB like Allen? I guarantee you if he comes to Buffalo, he's not catching 100+ balls. He's not catching 90 balls. I'd be shocked if he caught 80+ balls. Oh, Brown would love that...Would work wonders for a young QB.

So adding a top 3 wr for the last 6 years wouldn’t help the bills much? His relationship with Big Ben was fine up til this year. Wasn’t Big Ben calling out the other wrs too and blaming them. Lotta of problems in Pittsburgh, like I said maybe it’s not all him. And your guarantees about catches is pretty meaningless.

 

im curious if a top wr won’t help the bills what will. Golden Tate? The wr you said you would get in another thread. Basically the same age, will probably cost almost as much money, hooks up with his qbs girlfriend, also brings drama, and is not even close to being on the same level talent wise. Brilliant 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd make that trade with zero hesitation. Likewise with OBJ.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m still thinking , 

what was the question again?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...