GDT: NE**** at KC 6:40 on CBS

2 minutes ago, NJKBillsfan said:

I think it hit his thumb but whatever even if you give the Pats that there's still the BS "roughing the passer".

There's no doubt in my mind that KC wins the game if not for that atrocious call.

Theres no consistency is the issue and it certainly raises questions. 

When there is no clear evidence to overturn, call on the field stands. But not on the muffed punt. 

When the official can’t clearly see a penalty, can’t call it, but he does on the roughing and phucks it up and hands the Pats a first. 

2 minutes ago, CoudyBills said:

It did not touch him, watch the replay again with your eyes and not emotions.  Unless I misunderstand football entirely the penalty for roughing the passer is not 6 points awarded to the opposition, correct?  They could have stopped them again.  Really on any of the rest of their scoring drives.  Both teams got crappy penalties that extended drives.  I get it that your team didn't win, but damn you gotta be more logical than this.

The roughing call was significant, you have to admit, maybe the biggest missed call of the game at a critical moment which likely changed the final outcome.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, JohnC said:

That's exactly what the referee analyst for this game said. 

You or someone else made the point that the player who glaringly lined up off sides was beyond comprehension. 

Romo, the blue line would have cut through his ankles it was that much in the neutral zone

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

Romo, the blue line would have cut through his ankles it was that much in the neutral zone

Thats definitely not true. He may have been Offside, but it was impossible to tell because they really didn’t show the replay. 

Just now, dubs said:

Thats definitely not true. He may have been Offside, but it was impossible to tell because they really didn’t show the replay. 

The blue line would have cut through his ankles

obvious unless you were in a suckybaby fit

3 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

I'll bet Mahomes does great hitting the cute little targets at the pro bowl skills competition!

How about showing up for the first half to today?

He may hit those targets blindfolded.

11 minutes ago, NJKBillsfan said:

I think it hit his thumb but whatever even if you give the Pats that there's still the BS "roughing the passer".

There's no doubt in my mind that KC wins the game if not for that atrocious call.

It was the right call. It didn’t touch him. And it wouldn’t have been a TD even if it did because you can’t advance a muffed punt. KC still would’ve had to finish the drive. 

As far as the roughing call deciding the game, You could also say the reverse about the non pick call on that long pass to Sammy Watkins. If that had been called again a KC (and it should have) then they may never even tie the game up.

Or If Dee Ford doesn’t line up Offside on that interception, the game is over. 

Or maybe if Ried takes another chance at the end zone with 11 seconds left instead of kicking the field goal, they could have won it in regulation.

If KC has showed up at all during the first half the game could have been different, too. 

Or if their defense showed up for more than a handful of plays... 

Fact is that KC had plenty of opportunity to win the game. It wasn’t decided by 1 roughing the passer call. The team that played better won today. 

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, dubs said:

They did show the replay.  He was at least a foot in the neutral zone.  I can't say anything about the ankles, but his whole arm was in the neutral zone. 

Just now, CoudyBills said:

1 play doesn't make a game.  Was it a missed call?  Yep.

depending on the timing, one play can hugely impact the game, I'm not making any other claims about the refs today, but that was significant and the Chiefs likely win the game with a correct call.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BillsFan4 said:

You could say the reverse about the non call on that long pass to Sammy Watkins. If that had been called again a KC (and it should have) then they may never even tie the game up.

Or If Dee Ford doesn’t line up Offside on that interception, the game is over. 

Or maybe if Ried takes another chance at the end zone with 11 seconds left instead of kicking the field goal, they could have won it in regulation.

If KC has showed up at all during the first half the game could have been different, too. 

Or if their defense showed up we’d up for more than a handful of plays... 

Fact is that KC had plenty of opportunity to win the game. It wasn’t decided by 1 roughing the passer call. The team that played better won today. 

Yup

KC choked

Winning once Brady is gone means nothing. You're always second best.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, klos63 said:

depending on the timing, one play can hugely impact the game, I'm not making any other claims about the refs today, but that was significant and the Chiefs likely win the game with a correct call.

Or maybe they lose in regulation without the non pick call TD..

I think the refs have handed Patriots games before, not because anything is rigged, but because benefit of the doubt superseded what actually happened on the field, and I think that happens in every sport and I think we all make the same lapse in judgment in different ways in our own lives. 

But I don't think that you can make that the story of this game at all. Mahomes was a freak, Brady as smart and unflappable as always, and what ultimately killed the Chiefs was their 31st ranked, pillow-soft defense.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, NJKBillsfan said:

Did you actually watch the game today?

I just don't see how you could defend the refs if you actually watched the game. 

They really screwed KC in this one. 

Did you watch the game? One phantom roughing the QB. Just as was the phantom PI against the Patriots on the Chiefs TD drive. Add the noncall on the pick play 5 yards downfield.

Did the NFL conspire to not have a Brady Brees HOF QB SuperBowl matchup? 

Just stop with this blaming the refs crap. 

Just now, arcane said:

I think the refs have handed Patriots games before, not because anything is rigged, but because benefit of the doubt superseded what actually happened on the field, and I think that happens in every sport and I think we all make the same lapse in judgment in different ways in our own lives. 

But I don't think that you can make that the story of this game at all. Mahomes was a freak, Brady as smart and unflappable as always, and what ultimately killed the Chiefs was their 31st ranked, pillow-soft defense.

Yup!

3 minutes ago, Helpmenow said:

Brady won’t have as much time to throw with Donald inside .

Ingram and Bosa didnt get near him at all. The Chiefs had the most sacks this year and didnt get near him either. How is that even possible without holding happening a lot, yet never gets called, not like the Pats  have all pros along the whole online. I dont have much hope for Donald and Suh to get to Brady as they will be held every play.

1 minute ago, NJKBillsfan said:

Dude the CHIEFS STOPPED them and forced a punt.

The refs called a BS call that gave them the ball back.

You can't blame the Chiefs Defense for that. 

But they stopped them once and had momentum, why not just do it again.  Maybe their momentum easy button was broken?

2 minutes ago, arcane said:

And Andy reid mindlessly watching them getting gashed, gasping for air in goal to go in OT.....with all 3 TO's in his pocket.

Now that they have Mahomes, that team needs to dump Reid.

• Like (+1) 1