What’s your most Controversial opinion?

Juror#8

On 1/20/2019 at 3:41 PM, That's No Moon said:

Hero worship of the military is not a positive thing for a democracy. There are bad people in the services just like there are bad people in every other profession, including mine.

Also, Buffalo sports fans highly overrate themselves.

Buffalo sports fans are dumb en masse, like all other fans, but they're juuuuuuuust passionate and smart enough to think they're intellectuals, which makes them far more annoying than groups of other sports fans on forums. 

I stress that this is a group property, and that it'd be dangerous to project that exact behavior to any individual fan you meet online or in person. 

If you have a strong opinion, but can't spend years reflecting, researching, and trying to understand every nuance about it, you don't understand the issue enough to justify how strongly you feel about it. ie, I know friends and family that have terminated relationships over things they actually know next to nothing about. 

I quote myself "I hope their plane crashes on the way to the super bowl" I realize its a statement and not an opinion. I recently posted this and was unfairly reprimanded (as others threatened violence in a thread that asked about how much u hate the cheatriots). I like to think I won that thread if my comment wasn't removed.

20 minutes ago, MBGA said:

I quote myself "I hope their plane crashes on the way to the super bowl" I realize its a statement and not an opinion. I recently posted this and was unfairly reprimanded (as others threatened violence in a thread that asked about how much u hate the cheatriots). I like to think I won that thread if my comment wasn't removed.

It's a stupid statement and whatever the reprimand was it's probably not unfair.  Maybe inconsistent, because I got dinged on something I thought was par for the course as well. Someone probably reported you.

5 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

I'm pretty pro Second Amendment, but I believe there should be restrictions on Canadians.

Not because I'm afraid of the guns, but I don't just don't trust Canadians with anything more dangerous than a Pez Dispenser

Where do Canadiens fit into the equation?Do we need to build a wall at the Quebec border?

4 hours ago, MBGA said:

I thought LimeAid made that statement.  Are you admitting to making multiple user accounts?

And if you hope any plane, with any human beings on it, crashes ..... well .... you're a special kind of sick.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

I'm pretty pro Second Amendment, but I believe there should be restrictions on Canadians.

Not because I'm afraid of the guns, but I don't just don't trust Canadians with anything more dangerous than a Pez Dispenser

Reminded me of a comic bit from the 80's. If you don't have 5 minutes to kill just fast forward to 4:10 ("on a good day our Salvation Army could kick their @ss")

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Nervous Guy said:

Global warming is fake news

Global warming is fact not fake. What is debatable is if it is due to natural or man made phenomenon. Weather patterns have always changed. Ice ages for example. For those in the Rochester area, Lake Ontario used to extend to Ridge Road (read it on the world wide web so it must be true.) Back to natural vs man made, really I don't know, don't think anyone knows for sure. My guess is it is due to both. But even if man-made phenomenon has nothing to do with it, would it hurt to be less wasteful or decrease one's carbon footprint?

17 minutes ago, Steve O said:

Global warming is fact not fake. What is debatable is if it is due to natural or man made phenomenon. Weather patterns have always changed. Ice ages for example. For those in the Rochester area, Lake Ontario used to extend to Ridge Road (read it on the world wide web so it must be true.) Back to natural vs man made, really I don't know, don't think anyone knows for sure. My guess is it is due to both. But even if man-made phenomenon has nothing to do with it, would it hurt to be less wasteful or decrease one's carbon footprint?

i agree with this statement and bolded the key point.   my opinion is the human factor is negligible compared to the solar and geothermal, and that reducing one's carbon footprint is up to the individual, not enforced by a central authority

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Gugny said:

I thought LimeAid made that statement.  Are you admitting to making multiple user accounts?

And if you hope any plane, with any human beings on it, crashes ..... well .... you're a special kind of sick.

I’m sure he meant it in the nicest possible way. 

4 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I’m sure.  People always misinterpret my school bus colliding with a bus full of puppies quip.

Are you for it, or against it? Either way, it sounds fairly vague. What if there was one of those crazy squirrels trying to cross the road? Remember the STS Movement! (Save the squirrels for those who have been living under a rock.) 

1 minute ago, Augie said:

Are you for it, or against it? Either way, it sounds fairly vague. What if there was one of those crazy squirrels trying to cross the road? Remember the STS Movement! (Save the squirrels for those who have been living under a rock.) 

Did I mention that the school bus is full of blind midgets and drums of kerosene?

My most controversial opinion was one I acted upon:  I voted for Donald Trump.  I felt, and still do, that the government in DC was  pretty much non-functional prior to 2016 (witness the candidacy of Hill'ry Clinton for President).  Nevertheless, I thought that there must be some good people in DC who just needed a smack up side the head to see that rigid partisanship was not productive, nor conducive to local, state nor national success in the 21st Century.

I saw Trump as an "interrupter" the proverbial smack up side the head, someone who was so far out of the norm, prone to making wild hair decisions, making nonsensical promises, etc. that reasoned people would come together and insure that such an occurrence would not happen again.

Silly me.  Enter the reawakening of Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer and the gaggle of newly minted Congress persons who can only see the way out of the current dilemma as following the well worn track deeper into the swamp.  Win election, beat the living crap out of the losers, insulate their structure against compromise, ignore those mere citizens of the USA who seek equality, fraternity and liberty by blindly creating structures that "build" voters for their party through modern homage to bread and circuses.  Making decisions  based on an  I-can-piss-farther-than-you-can foundation should have died out in fourth grade.

It's enough to make one vote for the Donald again!

Edited by Keukasmallies
  • Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Keukasmallies said:

My most controversial opinion was one I acted upon:  I voted for Donald Trump.  I felt, and still do, that the government in DC was  pretty much non-functional prior to 2016 (witness the candidacy of Hill'ry Clinton for President).  Nevertheless, I thought that there must be some good people in DC who just needed a smack up side the head to see that rigid partisanship was not productive, nor conducive to local, state nor national success in the 21st Century.

I saw Trump as an "interrupter" the proverbial smack up side the head, someone who was so far out of the norm, prone to making wild hair decisions, making nonsensical promises, etc. that reasoned people would come together and insure that such an occurrence would not happen again.

Silly me.  Enter the reawakening of Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer and the gaggle of newly minted Congress persons who can only see the way out of the current dilemma as following the well worn track deeper into the swamp.  Win election, beat the living crap out of the losers, insulate their structure against compromise, ignore those mere citizens of the USA who seek equality, fraternity and liberty by blindly creating structures that "build" voters for their party through modern homage to bread and circuses.  Making decisions  based on an  I-can-piss-farther-than-you-can foundation should have died out in fourth grade.

Some times too much maintenance, over greasing, etc... Is actually worse than what the status quo was, under maintained.

Maybe a moto-head analogy: You can only bore the block so much before you throw a piston.

Guess what... We threw a piston.  Would have better to just leave the damn engine alone.

The traditional swamp now looks like the Sahara Desert to what's been created.  Be careful what You wish for.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Some times too much maintenance, over greasing, etc... Is actually worse than what the status quo was, under maintained.

Maybe a moto-head analogy: You can only bore the block so much before you throw a piston.

Guess what... We threw a piston.  Would have better to just leave the damn engine alone.

The traditional swamp now looks like the Sahara Desert to what's been created.  Be careful what You wish for.

I do understand this point of view, and went along with it for years.  I'm just of a mind that if you always do what you always did, you always get what you always got.  I'm convinced that in the 21st Century that's a recipe that leads to third rate status, and that's not good enough for me.  I'm actually looking forward to the coming of many more female legislators as they hold promise for different approches to old issues.

Edited by Keukasmallies
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Keukasmallies said:

Trump's not doing anything that's completely earth shattering or radical. It's the fact that the left was so blindsided by him winning the election that they are so bitter and hate him as a person that they can't come to grips and be reasonable with any type of discourse.  He could give every person $1 million dollars and they would complain it's not 2 million.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Trump's not doing anything that's completely earth shattering or radical. It's the fact that the left was so blindsided by him winning the election that they are so bitter and hate him as a person that they can't come to grips and be reasonable with any type of discourse.  He could give every person $1 million dollars and they would complain it's not 2 million.

I wouldn’t complain at all if he gave me a million dollars.  In fact, I’d take him to KFC to share a bucket of extra crispy ?

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Keukasmallies said:

I do understand this point of view, and went along with it for years.  I'm just of a mind that if you always do what you always did, you always get what you always got.  I'm convinced that in the 21st Century that's a recipe that leads to third rate status, and that's not good enough for me.  I'm actually looking forward to the coming of many more female legislators as they hold promise for different approches to old issues.

I know... But Trump so immoral... Cloaked with him racing to the "Lock Her Up", "She is evil" bit... 

...It's usually the jealous, overbearing spouse that is committing the real deal, cheating... etc...

...We should have seen this a mile down the road. The real criminal usually points out who they think are the crooks, to take heat off them.

20 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Huh?  The minority is ruling and they are ramming their agenda down the majorities throat.

At least work from the middle.  Build a mandate.

17 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I wouldn’t complain at all if he gave me a million dollars.  In fact, I’d take him to KFC to share a bucket of extra crispy ?

Controversial topic:  I think Americans sell out way too much!

No less than 2 mill for me.

??

4 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I know... But Trump so immoral... Cloaked with him racing to the "Lock Her Up", "She is evil" bit... 

...It's usually the jealous, overbearing spouse that is committing the real deal, cheating... etc...

...We should have seen this a mile down the road. The real criminal usually points out who they think are the crooks, to take heat off them.

Huh?  The minority is ruling and they are ramming their agenda down the majorities throat.

At least work from the middle.  Build a mandate.

There is no middle anymore. And what minority are you referring to?

8 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

There is no middle anymore. And what minority are you referring to?

The shear amount of people that either agree with him or not.

More people (I know that's not what wins) disagree with him.  Yet, upside down elections are fine if you attempt to  not make irrelevant the majority of people.

He won, that's okay.  But he has to acknowledge the fact that it's upside down.  More people disagree with him.  He needs to accept that and try to establish a mandate with the people.

He's the Bills going into the 4th, 2020 with a 3 point lead against the Pats** and he's throwing bombs against the wind with a Tyrod Taylor arm.  No way it holds.

5 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

He’s speaking in tongues again.  Probably locked himself in the garage with the car running.  Put the phone down and open a window, exiled!!

Trump still lost the popular vote.  Even know he won, that still means he has to work at it.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

1 minute ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Is it not on topic.  They are all controversial.  But anyway, sorry.  Will do.

So are a lot of posts with political stuff related to thread but I get flagged and post deleted while other ones do not.  When I report sometimes I get flagged as well by Trumpite so just posting in thread reminder.  Start most controversy opinion in politics on PPP if you want to continue discussion.