Former MLB Pitcher John Wetteland Arrested for Child Sexual Abuse

Gugny

https://abc7ny.com/sports/ex-yankee-john-wetteland-charged-with-child-sex-abuse/5083134/

Former New York Yankees all-star closer and World Series MVP John Wetteland was arrested and charged with sexual abuse of a child under the age of 14.

25 minutes ago, Gugny said:

https://abc7ny.com/sports/ex-yankee-john-wetteland-charged-with-child-sex-abuse/5083134/

Former New York Yankees all-star closer and World Series MVP John Wetteland was arrested and charged with sexual abuse of a child under the age of 14.

Not to make this an anti Yankee thing but growing up all I heard was they were the team with class all those championship years.  When in reality they had many steroid guys and others with awful behavior like this.  Jim Leyritz for example who killed someone driving drunk 

26 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

Not to make this an anti Yankee thing but growing up all I heard was they were the team with class all those championship years.  When in reality they had many steroid guys and others with awful behavior like this.  Jim Leyritz for example who killed someone driving drunk 

Wetteland is more remembered as part of the 1994 Expos that coulda shoulda didna with the strike

46 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Give him his day in court. If he's guilty, throw the book at him. He should never see the light of day again.

I'm wondering if this is a consensual relationship a la Roger Clemens.  Another Texan.

7 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I'm wondering if this is a consensual relationship a la Roger Clemens.  Another Texan.

So you're suggesting that Wetteland and Clemens had a little fling back in the day?:lol:

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Did I miss something?

Just googled this. can't seem to find anything that proves this true or false. 

He had a relationship with Mindy McCready (sp?) when she was 14.

38 minutes ago, Gugny said:

To be fair Rodger STILL denies there was ever a sexual relationship... he says they were  just friends and that he became friends with her parents as well...

He lawyer denied it too ?

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

To be fair Rodger STILL denies there was ever a sexual relationship... he says they were  just friends and that he became friends with her parents as well...

And she was never entirely clear on when the sexual relationship started - "years" after they met, and she was 15 when they met, according to her.  

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

And she was never entirely clear on when the sexual relationship started - "years" after they met, and she was 15 when they met, according to her.  

Yes 15 when they met... and not a lot of facts are clear... as you stated 

52 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

He also said he didn't use steroids.

He also said he didn't mean to hit Piazza in the head.

The guy is a pure scumbag.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

her sad bio reads like a country western song, right to the end

24 minutes ago, Gugny said:

He also said he didn't use steroids.

The guy is a pure scumbag.

that was the most incredible 2 minutes of baseball history as it went down live

everyone watching just stared at the screen open-mouthed wondering WTF was that!!!

1 minute ago, row_33 said:

her sad bio reads like a country western song, right to the end

everyone watching just stared at the screen open-mouthed wondering WTF was that!!!

It was disgusting.  I'd feel the same even if it wasn't against the Mets.

10 minutes ago, Gugny said:

It was disgusting.  I'd feel the same even if it wasn't against the Mets.

it's okay even if your Mets-ish-ness took high dudgeon

it was like a lightning strike, rare in baseball....

it was ten times more flabbergasting as when Goose Gossage drilled Ron Cey right in the face in the 81 World Series

The Seahawks throwing the INT in the SB was another WTF moment where i couldn't comprehend what i just saw live, for a few minutes....

1 hour ago, Another Fan said:

Mel Hall may very well have been the worst human being ever to play MLB.  Bullied Bernie Williams as well when he just got called up

I remember him being drafted out of Port Byron High School but never really followed him.   Seems there is an entire story on him.

https://www.sbnation.com/2014/7/15/5883593/the-many-crimes-of-mel-hall

4 hours ago, The Real Buffalo Joe said:

Did I miss something?

Just googled this. can't seem to find anything that proves this true or false. 

Very easy.

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/mindy-mccready-weeps-confirms-affair-roger-clemens-article-1.283955

Sounds like Michael Jackson fable - in bed but no sex.

The News reported that the two met in a Florida karaoke bar when McCready was a 15-year-old aspiring singer and Clemens was a 28-year-old ace for the Red Sox and a married father of two.

After the teenage McCready met Clemens at a Fort Myers bar called The Hired Hand, she returned with the Rocket to his hotel room, but there was no sex that night, sources told The News.

2 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Very easy.

https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/baseball/yankees/mindy-mccready-weeps-confirms-affair-roger-clemens-article-1.283955

Sounds like Michael Jackson fable - in bed but no sex.

The News reported that the two met in a Florida karaoke bar when McCready was a 15-year-old aspiring singer and Clemens was a 28-year-old ace for the Red Sox and a married father of two.

After the teenage McCready met Clemens at a Fort Myers bar called The Hired Hand, she returned with the Rocket to his hotel room, but there was no sex that night, sources told The News.

Yup.  And Bill Clinton didn't inhale, Ray Lewis didn't stab anyone and OJ is innocent.

6 hours ago, row_33 said:

Are you talking about when Clemens beaned Piazza regular season? I didn't think that got much play outside NY. Until Clemens threw Piazza's sawed off bat at him in the WS months later.

Regardless, if the charges against Wetteland have merit...repulsive.. 

2 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

Are you talking about when Clemens beaned Piazza regular season? I didn't think that got much play outside NY. Until Clemens threw Piazza's sawed off bat at him in the WS months later.

Regardless, if the charges against Wetteland have merit...repulsive.. 

I think they're mixing up the two incidences, too.

Clemens threw at and hit opponents all the time. One of the all time precision right handed flamethrowers to use this tactic.

He only threw a broken bat back at one opponent.

Clemens called out Barry Bonds for the piece of plastic on his arm, and then hit him on it.

Edited by row_33

He's from my hometown. Faced him a few times in high school / Babe Ruth ball, looked absolutely stupid in the batters box against him. I always remember when Cardinal Newman came to play, the scouts were there in droves to watch him. Sad to hear, a bit of a shock. If true, he's a ?

10 hours ago, Gugny said:

When, Gugny said this

9 hours ago, row_33 said:

You said this.