Jump to content
YoloinOhio

Bengals set to hire Zac Taylor as HC

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Interesting obscure fact: His father in law is former NFL coach Mike Sherman.  He gave him his 1st NFL job when he was OC of Miami in 2012. 

 

There it is

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't know a huge amount about Zac Taylor. But I know he is not Hue Jackson or Vance Joseph. So that is a win for the Bungles. 

 

How so you know that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

 

How so you know that?

 

You think it could be Hue in a mask?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's kind of refreshing that the league has moved away from retreads this offseason - lots of young offensive-oriented minds are being given opportunities - the results will be mixed, for sure, but at least it'll be something new in a league where innovation has been hard to find over the last 20 years or so.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

 

You think it could be Hue in a mask?

 

I think the chances are better than not that he's hue Jackson as opposed to Vince Lombardi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

 

I think the chances are better than not that he's hue Jackson as opposed to Vince Lombardi

 

Ohhhh... you misunderstand my original post. I get your question now.... I didn't say hiring Zach Taylor was a win, indeed I said I knew very little about him. The bit that was a win was not hiring Hue Jackson or Vance Joseph. They might well have still screwed the pooch hiring Taylor, as I say, I know very little about him.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I would be looking for the next Anthony Lynn, Doug Pederson, Frank Reich 

 

Nobody wants the next Hank Bullough?

 

6 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I'm a middle aged white guy who saw Sean McVay at an airport once if the Dolphins are looking for their next head coach.

 

From the looks of a few of them, it helps if you have the Golden Corral Buffet locator app on your phone.  Kliffy and Taylor seem to be exceptions to that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we crown McVay when he wins a playoff game?  He has done a good job but at this point he is the exact coach as Matt Nagy.  

Edited by thenorthremembers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

 

How so you know that?

Go watch Hard Knocks. Hue is not only a bad coach, as proven by results, but also an absolute dunce. He has the deadly combination of lack of self awareness and stubbornness. Anyone is an upgrade over that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just one year ago, this dude wasnt an OC. He wasn’t even the WR coach. Assistant WR coach! He’s never been anything higher than a position coach at the nfl level. I get that he’s not Marvin and not Hue and that’s a good thing. But his short OC stint at UC wasn’t great either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like McVay, but I think anybody but Jeff Fisher would have been successful with the talent he inherited in LA.  Todd Gurley, Aaron Donald, Goff, and they went out and built a good offensive line.  Fisher may go down as the symbol of mediocrity.  They fired him when he was tied for the most losses in history for a head coach.  Had he stayed one more game he would own the record.  

 

I think Dallas is going to beat the Rams this week.  The Rams started slipping when Cooper Kupp got hurt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

 

😬 Must be a really good interviewer. And he’s connected with Sean McVay on LinkedIn so 

Are they even allowed to have interviewed him yet?

3 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

McVay saves Goff in 2017

Nagy saves Trubisky in 2018

 

Whose Next in 2019?

McDermott saves Allen?   ;)

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, TC in St. Louis said:

I like McVay, but I think anybody but Jeff Fisher would have been successful with the talent he inherited in LA.  Todd Gurley, Aaron Donald, Goff, and they went out and built a good offensive line.  Fisher may go down as the symbol of mediocrity.  They fired him when he was tied for the most losses in history for a head coach.  Had he stayed one more game he would own the record.  

 

I think Dallas is going to beat the Rams this week.  The Rams started slipping when Cooper Kupp got hurt.

 

Thats the trend.

Rams dumped old defensive coach and rolled with young offensive guy.

 

then one season later

 

Bears dumped old defensive coach and rolled with young offensive guy

 

so That would line the JETS up for being the next “IT” team IMO.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, wppete said:

Everyone wants the next McVay but McVay is a 🦄

 

I was sceptical when when they hired him at the age of 31 (I think) but the more I learn about him the more I think this guy is a very special coach. Already one of the best..

 

 

he’s no McDermott, but he’s working out okay for them I guess

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, wppete said:

Everyone wants the next McVay but McVay is a 🦄

 

I was sceptical when when they hired him at the age of 31 (I think) but the more I learn about him the more I think this guy is a very special coach. Already one of the best..

 

 

 

 

I promise you though, wp, that he will be out of the NFL and out of coaching sometime in the next 35 years.

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JM57 said:

Go watch Hard Knocks. Hue is not only a bad coach, as proven by results, but also an absolute dunce. He has the deadly combination of lack of self awareness and stubbornness. Anyone is an upgrade over that.

Some Browns player described him as Michael Scott. That seemed perfect to me

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Some Browns player described him as Michael Scott. That seemed perfect to me

So ‘The Office’ parody the players did wasn’t just ‘light entertainment’.  🤔

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I'm a middle aged white guy who saw Sean McVay at an airport once if the Dolphins are looking for their next head coach.

 

how close up did you see him?  this is important for our salary negotiation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

 

how close up did you see him?  this is important for our salary negotiation

He could identify his brand of hair gel 

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

He could identify his brand of hair gel 

 

oh ok thanks i'll call for an additional brinks truck

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

This is a bit of a surprise given he is only 35 and very little experience. But he was OC at UC a couple years ago so there is that. 

😬 Must be a really good interviewer. And he’s connected with Sean McVay on LinkedIn so 

They are clearly prioritizing a guy who has a lot of experience working directly with the quarterback.  Seems like a good trait to have as a HC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×