Speculation on Golic and Wingo that Rosen could be traded

1 minute ago, BringBackOrton said:

We didn’t give up future compensation because we gave up past compensation.

A team who trades a first the year before they draft their QB and a team who trades a first the year after are both out a first.

OK I am confused (not that hard to do nowadays)

Did we not draft in the first round the year prior?   It turned into Tre White?  

When a player makes the type of jump we did it usually ends up being a LOT of compensation for years to come especially when it comes to QB and not just one first round pick.....Would you agree with this?

We didnt move up a few spots....because we made the playoffs we had to move up several spots.....Beane was even joking about this at the combine that that McD getting that team to the playoffs hurt their draft selection.

6 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

OK I am confused (not that hard to do nowadays)

Did we not draft in the first round the year prior?   It turned into Tre White?  

When a player makes the type of jump we did it usually ends up being a LOT of compensation for years to come especially when it comes to QB and not just one first round pick.....Would you agree with this?

We didnt move up a few spots....because we made the playoffs we had to move up several spots.....Beane was even joking about this at the combine that that McD getting that team to the playoffs hurt their draft selection.

I will remind you. We traded from pick #10 with another team. We quite literally gave up our top ten selection. We then used that compensation in part to trade up for Allen. 

We didn’t just give up one first round pick for Allen. We had picks #21 and #22 in 2018. We traded other players and picks to move up for Allen. 

And no, teams don’t usually give up multiple 1sts to get into the latter half of the top 10. The Rams and Eagles trades were for picks 1 and 2. Not 7. The Jets in 2018 didn’t trade a future first to get to #3. Oh and the Chiefs only traded 1 first to go from 27 to 10 the year before.

Edited by BringBackOrton

3 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

This is no hating on Rosen

Still happy we went with our selection.....and found a way to keep the compensation within last year's draft to do it.......we managed to draft our franchise QB WITHOUT giving up future compensation which is almost unheard of......we have our 1st rounder this year which ended up being 9th overall and might turn into even more picks in this draft.

My ONLY regret was having to give up Cordy Glenn to get Josh.....if we still had Cordy we could move Dawlkins to LG.....and just be working on Center and RT situations (I like Teller) this offseason but other then that.....we got Allen and Edmunds this past year.......which is gonna pay huge dividends to the present and future of this team.

FWIW Glenn mossed three more games this year and was limited in others. His health has always been a concern. Digging deeper, he rated 60 according to PFF which equals “average” on their scale. 

Cordy isn’t a big loss. Dawkins admitted he need to step it up after a down year. 

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yeah I think the Pats reportedly really liked him last year and clearly need a guy to start developing 

I pray he doesn't go to the Pats just so I don't have to listen to the media ball wash Belichick over his amazing move to get a first round QB prospect with a 3rd round pick.

Having Allen, Darnold, and Rosen all in the AFC East might be interesting though....

Edited by Inigo Montoya

6 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I pray he doesn't go to the Pats just so I don't have to listen to the media ball wash Belichick over his amazing move to get a first found QB prospect with a 3rd round pick.

Having Allen, Darnold, and Rosen all in the AFC East might be interesting though....

If he is moved on I will be interested in the compensation...I know Rosen had an ordinary year in 2018, but he was highly thought  of a year ago...

I still think Bill is handing over 32 for him at least..

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

If they truly believe another guy this year is better, then you treat Rosen as a sunk cost and take the QB who you think is more likely to get you to the promised land. Don't waste a #1 overall on a non-QB assuming you actually believe in one of the QBs in the draft. #1 overall picks don't come around very often, and if you don't really believe in Rosen, cut bait now.

Maybe if there was a Luck type prospect then that would make sense, but none of the QBs in this draft are that level. Rosen wasn't so abysmal that he shouldn't get a 2nd season, and I say that as someone that wasn't a big believer in him pre-draft. Any QB would have had a rough time in that offense and he did show potential. Their comments don't sit right with me.

3 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

If he is moved on I will be interested in the compensation...I know Rosen had an ordinary year in 2018, but he was highly thought  of a year ago...

There seems to be a common theme amongst the draft analysts that Murray and Haskins would have have been drafted after the top 4 last year but before Lamar. If that’s the case then AZ should ask for a 1st.

38 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I get the weirdest vibe. 

I can’t get that dan Patrick interview out of my head....it also seems he is only choosing football for the money...I don’t blame him for that but I wouldn’t want to be the team that puts the franchise in his hands. I want my qb to be all in.

2 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Belichick drafted Garoppolo with with the 62nd pick ( late 2nd rd).  I don't see him parting with a 1st rounder for his back up qb / Brady heir apparent.  I think he feels he can develop a QB just like he did with Garappolo and will grab a solid QB at the end of the 2nd again this year.

Ultimately, I just don't think Rosen is a Belichick kind of QB.  Belichick still routinely chews Brady's ass in front of the entire team when Brady screws up.  I don't see Rosen thriving in that environment.  I think Belichick will look for a QB who has two traits, mental toughness to survive Belichick's coaching style, and someone who has a great football IQ.  

Rosen might be smart, but I just don't think he will do well with Belichick busting his chops all the time. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Belichick drafted Garoppolo with with the 62nd pick ( late 2nd rd).  I don't see him parting with a 1st rounder for his back up qb / Brady heir apparent.  I think he feels he can develop a QB just like he did with Garappolo and will grab a solid QB at the end of the 2nd again this year.

Ultimately, I just don't think Rosen is a Belichick kind of QB.  Belichick still routinely chews Brady's ass in front of the entire team when Brady screws up.  I don't see Rosen thriving in that environment.  I think Belichick will look for a QB who has two traits, mental toughness to survive Belichick's coaching style, and someone who has a great football IQ.  

Rosen might be smart, but I just don't think he will do well with Belichick busting his chops all the time. 

I don't think they have the luxury of developing a QB at this point. If they like Rosen, they should go for it. Brady is much closer to the finish line than he was in 2014. I don't believe Rosen is a franchise QB, but the Pats would likely be willing to give up #32 if they think he's legit.

The EP they run in NE is a perfect offense for Rosen IF there is one.

36 minutes ago, BillsSB2020 said:

I don't think they have the luxury of developing a QB at this point. If they like Rosen, they should go for it. Brady is much closer to the finish line than he was in 2014. I don't believe Rosen is a franchise QB, but the Pats would likely be willing to give up #32 if they think he's legit.

The EP they run in NE is a perfect offense for Rosen IF there is one.

It all depends on whether Rosen is good as giving massages or not

2 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

It all depends on whether Rosen is good as giving massages or not

Not to rile up the masses,  but Kraft and Brady may not be too keen on Rosen’s anti-Trump agenda. That was a big thing at this time last year.