Speculation on Golic and Wingo that Rosen could be traded

44 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Actually, in this scenario the Steelers would get Rosen, the Cardinals word get Murray and Antonio Brown. Many not normally happen in a vacuum, but the Steelers could consider it since Brown is forcing their hand.

Yes, I misspoke. Sorry bout that. I brain farted lol

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

it's not that they don't think he can be one it's they think they can draft another one and get more talent around the new qb by trading rosen. It's possible they can get a first or more

1 hour ago, wppete said:

What could Arizona get in return for Josh Rosen? A 2nd round pick?

This.

1 hour ago, dpberr said:

I don't think Steve Keim is stupid enough to draft a 5'10" quarterback first overall.  

They should definitely wait and hope he drops to the 4th round. That way they could take a Stephon Gilmore type in the 1st round, a Cordy Glenn type player in the 2nd, and a TJ Graham type player in the 3rd.  Those are the kind of guys you build a franchise around ... a solid core that you can expect to be around for the next decade of dominance.

EDIT: Yes, I know Gilmore and Glenn were (are in the first case) excellent players. The point is an excellent draft + missing on a franchise QB = a bad draft. If they truly believe in Murray, then go get him.

Edited by The Frankish Reich

50 minutes ago, wppete said:

What could Arizona get in return for Josh Rosen? A 2nd round pick?

They can get a 1st if a team that rated him highly still likes him.  Look at Brett Favre-he was a 2nd round pick who many thought had 1st round talent.  After sitting virtually all his rookie season, GB sent the 17th pick of the 1992 draft to Atlanta for him.  At the time Favre was not in the Atlanta head coach's plans.   So a mid round 1st for Rosen is about right at this stage.

5 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

They can get a 1st if a team that rated him highly still likes him.  Look at Brett Favre-he was a 2nd round pick who many thought had 1st round talent.  After sitting virtually all his rookie season, GB sent the 17th pick of the 1992 draft to Atlanta for him.  At the time Favre was not in the Atlanta head coach's plans.   So a mid round 1st for Rosen is about right at this stage.

That example seems a bit of a stretch. Draft picks weren’t worth nearly as much then.

I doubt Rosen would be worth anything higher than a 20-25 pick at very best.

the problem is that he isn’t an unknown rookie. He has a season of tape (ugly, very bad, no good tape) and while that could definitely be an anomoly, in the back of the mind the question must be asked if that’s just who he is. 

If the trade happens, and I am half expecting it to, Look for them to get a second back for him. (Maybe the giants second, which is high.)

6 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Farve though didn’t go out on the field for a season and suck though.  

Not out of the question Rosen gets a first, but I think it’s going to more likely be a 2nd at most. 

Not that I think Rosen is a bust...but i do take pleasure in the WGR talking heads, who for months talked up Rosen, remain basically silent. It was the end of days on wgr after the bills took Allen over Rosen...and now....crickets...

Edited by zevo
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, They said:

They would advise you to not ask too many questions.

‘They’ being the aforementioned ‘them’, or ‘they’ being ‘you’, the entity responsible for the sentence?  ?

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
So damn convoluted, I goofed the punctuation!

15 minutes ago, zevo said:

Not that I think Rosen is a bust...but i do take pleasure in the WGR talking heads, who for months talked up Rosen, remain basically silent. It was the end of days on wgr after the bills took Allen over Rosen...and now....crickets...

White and the hack Schoop are so pissed too.

I love it. 

I want Josh Allen to win multiple MVP's and go in WGR one day to blast those 2 clowns.

8 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Rosen to Washington for pick 15 just makes way too much sense for everyone. Washington can get a guy likely graded ahead of any QB available at that point and the Cardinals can still get a foundational defensive piece. 

It would make sense...if he didn't look so bad at times last year. 

19 minutes ago, McBean said:

White and the hack Schoop are so pissed too.

I love it. 

I want Josh Allen to win multiple MVP's and go in WGR one day to blast those 2 clowns.

Schoop had a beauty a couple weeks ago that even bulldog couldn’t let slide....it was something to the effect of josh Allen’s Numbers make ej manuel look like drew Brees....gotta give that guy credit though...he goes down fighting for his agenda....even if he sounds like a complete moron.

Edited by zevo