Arians expected to be TB HC tomorrow

Reed83HOF

4 hours ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

I thought he would only come back for the Browns!  He really must have wanted out of AZ.  

What happened in AZ? I really thought when he retired he’d decided he was done, with coaching. I sort of got the Cleveland thing, but the Bucs?

40 minutes ago, chris heff said:

What happened in AZ? I really thought when he retired he’d decided he was done, with coaching. I sort of got the Cleveland thing, but the Bucs?

I really thought he chose to step away because of health concerns. I don't recall hearing about any friction in Arizona. And I never heard anything about him and the Cleveland job but it's been mentioned by numerous people so obviously there's merit to it. I really thought he had hung it up for good but I guess not.

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

You mean the team that just fired a first time head coach after one season with a rookie qb?

Well, they kept Dirk simply because they wanted continuity for Winston.  Just a FYI for everyone who thinks we shouldn’t replace Brian “Bottom 5” Daboll because of continuity.

That guy was in over his head, sorry but a first year coach firing is OC after a few weeks, had players requesting trades, poor clock management and countless other problems. AZ had no choice but to admit they got it wrong and move on. 

6 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Pretty sure he came out a month ago and said he would consider the TB job as well.

That's nice of him.

6 hours ago, WMDman said:

I don’t get it, what’s so appealing about the bucs?

They offered him a job.

6 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

The Browns job is the only one he is even considering.  Seems strange to accept the TB job when you're not even considering it.

Maybe when he made that comment he had already secretly accepted it, so he wasn't technically considering it. ?

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

As much as Jameis has been a moron a bunch of times, the guy is very skilled passer.  That team isn’t that far off.  Plus, Winston has to be on his absolute best behavior.  

They should still draft a qb because I don’t trust Winston at all.

Their defense is awful. Just awful. They can't stop anyone.  They have literally finished 32nd two years in a row in defensive DVOA as per Football Outsiders. That is hard to do.

Edited by dave mcbride

So the only reason this is interesting to me is if he bring Todd Bowles with him, or like Chucka Pagano. Either way they would be making the switch to a 3-4, making a lot of their personnel like Gerald McCoy and even Kwon Alexander pretty poor fits and likely available. Even guys like Lavonte David and Jake Cichy would no longer fit that well, though I doubt they would move David. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown

52 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Their defense is awful. Just awful. They can't stop anyone.  They have literally finished 32nd two years in a row in defensive DVOA as per Football Outsiders. That is hard to do.

Doesn't it seem like neither the Bucs and Redskins have made a tackle in about 10 years?

• Like (+1) 1