Von Miller’s mom wants a trade, blames Elway

YoloinOhio

9 hours ago, dubs said:

Possibly but I doubt it. 

If you’re at a grown man age and you can’t control your mom interfering in your professional life, you’re either part of the royal family or a millennial. 

He probably didn't know his mom would jump out and say something. Unless he knows about it he can't really stop it. I'm sure he said something to her afterward

10 hours ago, Augie said:

I agree, Elway should be traded. 

Fixed. Elway should shoulder a lot of the blame for the Broncos debacle. He's ruining that team.

6 hours ago, Koko78 said:

The problem isn't the $17 million per year salary - the Bills can easily afford that (without having to get into salary cap accounting gimmicks.)

The problem is the one or more first round picks that Elway will demand to trade him. Denver isn't letting him go cheap - they know what they have in him.

Even if Elway does get picks for him, he'll screw up the draft. He needs to shoulder a lot of the blame when he chooses QBs poorly and Vance Joseph as HC for starters... all disasters.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

She's not wrong about Elway. 

He got lucky, acquiring Manning.  He can be forgiven for the draft misses on QBs, but he honestly thought Case Keenum was a franchise guy.  

The window is now closed and the team is falling apart.

Edited by Chicken Boo
  • Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

She's not wrong about Elway. 

He got lucky, acquiring Manning.  He can be forgiven for the draft misses on QBs, but he honestly thought Case Keenum was a franchise guy.  

The window is now closed and the team is falling apart.

he’s  been a figurehead in a suit to me.

10 hours ago, NoSaint said:

This is literally the spot where we can and should push chips on the table for a 3 year window 

Our window should be greater if we do not get reckless with short term ambitions.  VM would make more sense if we were NE or NO with a QB in his last couple of years.

10 hours ago, dubs said:

I can’t even imagine dealing with that generation and their parents. 

Can you imagine Kent Hull’s mom complaining to the news?  Or Lawrence Taylor’s mom?  Or literally any grown man you’ve ever met older than 25 years old?

Elvis Presley was quite a Mama's boy. Just a stinker of a generation.

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P

12 hours ago, dubs said:

Von Miller is a millennial.  He was born in 1989. His mom is losing her mind over her son being mentioned in a season ending press conference. It’s his job. He’s a professional athlete and his mom is jumping in. That’s pathetic. 

So I assume you thought it was pathetic when Carpenter and Hauscka's wives' chimed in on social media, correct?

12 hours ago, dubs said:

Von Miller is a millennial.  He was born in 1989. His mom is losing her mind over her son being mentioned in a season ending press conference. It’s his job. He’s a professional athlete and his mom is jumping in. That’s pathetic. 

Would actually be the GenX Mom who is pathetic right? Unless Miller is able to control what his Mom tweets...