Von Miller’s mom wants a trade, blames Elway

YoloinOhio

Just now, Ol Dirty B said:

What?

Von Miller is a millennial.  He was born in 1989. His mom is losing her mind over her son being mentioned in a season ending press conference. It’s his job. He’s a professional athlete and his mom is jumping in. That’s pathetic. 

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, dubs said:

Von Miller is a millennial.  He was born in 1989. His mom is losing her mind over her son being mentioned in a season ending press conference. It’s his job. He’s a professional athlete and his mom is jumping in. That’s pathetic. 

Is his mom a millenial? 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Ol Dirty B said:

Is his mom a millenial? 

Possibly but I doubt it. 

If you’re at a grown man age and you can’t control your mom interfering in your professional life, you’re either part of the royal family or a millennial. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, dubs said:

Pretty sure Von's mom is a Baby Boomer, and SHE'S the one talking, not Von... Got any other hot takes on the Millennials that you can share on the social medias grandpa?

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, LikeIGiveADarn said:

Pretty sure Von's mom is a Baby Boomer, and SHE'S the one talking, not Von... Got any other hot takes on the Millennials that you can share on the social medias grandpa?

See above Nancy

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, dubs said:

Oh lord I'm a middle school teacher. You have no idea how bad it is. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Oh lord I'm a middle school teacher. You have no idea how bad it is. 

I can’t even imagine dealing with that generation and their parents. 

Can you imagine Kent Hull’s mom complaining to the news?  Or Lawrence Taylor’s mom?  Or literally any grown man you’ve ever met older than 25 years old?

Edited by dubs
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, dubs said:

Possibly but I doubt it. 

If you’re at a grown man age and you can’t control your mom interfering in your professional life, you’re either part of the royal family or a millennial. 

No, not really. You're projecting whatever your own issues are which I'm not really interesting in discussing because you've yet to make an accurate assessment of the situation.

Von Miller is a public figure. People talk about him all the time. His job is in the public eye. She came across something she could take for her son being blamed as the reasons for the Broncos short comings publically and responded in haste. 

It's like when Kawhi Leonard's mom gets into a yelling match with a fan in San Antonio in which a lot of anger was being directed at her son by 20,000 people. He's playing a game, is he supposed to stop playing and go tell his mom, "Hey, don't do that". It's more of a mom or parent feeling like they are protecting their kid than any other kind of millenial thing. I don't think it's a good look, but it's just people protecting family.

It's not a mom walking into a random 9-5 beating a boss because she didnt like the yearly review her son got.

Get outta here with that junk.

1 minute ago, dubs said:

Can you imagine Kent Hull’s mom complaining to the news?  Or Lawrence Taylor’s mom?  Or literally any grown man you’ve ever met older than 25 years old?

It's a comment on Twitter. You're making more of this than I think Elway is. This stuff happens. It'll all be smoothed over. 

You're behaving more so like the sensitive one.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, dubs said:

you do realize that she wasn't complaining to the news right? She posted on her own social media account, and some bull#### website made it into something for clicks.

Again, maybe you should consider a Sudoku over a cup of Earl Grey or the Early Bird Special if you don't really understand how modern media works...

Edited by LikeIGiveADarn
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, LikeIGiveADarn said:

you do realize that she wasn't complaining to the news right? She posted on her own social media account, and some bull#### website made it into something for clicks.

Again, maybe you should consider a Sudoku over a cup of Earl Grey or the Early Bird Special if you don't really understand how modern media works...

If you don’t see how bad this makes Von Miller look I don’t know what to tell you. It makes him look bad as a professional and as a grown man. 

Edited by dubs
  • Like (+1) 3

Just think it’s really weird for a grown man to have his momma getting all emotional in public and calling out his boss about her son’s job. Call me old fashioned, but it’s weird. 

Edited by dubs
  • Like (+1) 5

7 minutes ago, dubs said:

If you don’t see how bad this makes Von Miller look I don’t know what to tell you. It makes him look bad as a professional and as a grown man. 

Interesting. so by your definition, to be a "grown man", you have to control the actions and opinions of other adult family members?

• Like (+1) 2

I mean this is hilarious the mom ain’t wrong. Von Miller needs to play better? Really horseface? Elway is just riding high off Manning falling into his lap. He has shown no ability to find that team even a passable quarterback, let alone a good one. Meanwhile that vaunted defense is getting chipped away at through free agency, retirements, etc. 

Elway might just be stupid and in over his head and landed his job based on notoriety, not skill. Occam’s razor and all that.

• Like (+1) 1