Stephon Gilmore - first team AP All-Pro

He was just named a first team all-pro. This comes after PFF rated him as the highest corner in the league (90.7). If I recall correctly, he was best in the league in terms of completion pct on balls thrown his way, and he led the AFC in pass breakups with 20. He was second overall in that category; Kyle Fuller, the other all-pro, had 21. 

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Thank you (+1) 1

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A single name if far too vague to post as a title and provides little insight into what specifically the post is talking about.The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

Great year for Gilmore Really no way to downplay it . He has always had the physical tools to be a great CB and it looks like everything fell into place this year. 

With that said, I'm still very happy he is not a Bill , mainly for the contract size. Very pleased with Tre,Levi and Taron going forward ,all on rookie deals.

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 16

2 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

He never performed to that level as a Bill.  He was capable, high end....but had shortcomings....particularily his unwillingness to stick his shoulder in their against the run.

He definitely played at a high level in Buffalo, yet somehow the refs have now stopped calling ticky tack PI on him.  Amazing how that affects DB rankings.

• Like (+1) 14
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Gilmore also gets beat, as he did by Robert Foster a few weeks ago.   I do think that playing for New England definitely raises his profile.  

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

The badmouthing of Gilmore when he was on the Bills was insane. He’s always been a very good and often great corner. Yes, he got too many penalties but many of them were unwarranted. 

I don’t know if it was insane.  There were several games - in particular in 2015 - where he was beat by middling recievers.  He was above average most of the time but he had his moments, not unlike Tre White for a few weeks this season 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

He never performed to that level as a Bill.  He was capable, high end....but had shortcomings....particularily his unwillingness to stick his shoulder in their against the run.

Being good against the run is nice for a corner and all, but that's not why they're paid and it's not how they're assessed. Most plays in the league are passing plays. 

6 minutes ago, BillyWhiteShows said:

I don’t know if it was insane.  There were several games - in particular in 2015 - where he was beat by middling recievers.  He was above average most of the time but he had his moments, not unlike Tre White for a few weeks this season 

And virtually everyone here thinks Tre is great, which is why the Gilmore criticism was insane. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

And virtually everyone here thinks Tre is great, which is why the Gilmore criticism was insane. 

I have to think it's because Tre's persona is more excited and happy as opposed to Gilmore.  Frankly, I don't think it matters, but emotion is everything nowadays.

The bit Tre did with the hockey goalie stuff though is pretty funny.  I could never see Gilmore doing anything like that. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, BillsVet said:

I have to think it's because Tre's persona is more excited and happy as opposed to Gilmore.  Frankly, I don't think it matters, but emotion is everything nowadays.

The bit Tre did with the hockey goalie stuff though is pretty funny.  I could never see Gilmore doing anything like that. 

Agreed. Absolutely love Tre. But that has nothing to do with abilities at corner, nor should it have anything to do with liking someone’s play or not liking it. 

Fans in general often like a player’s play based on things with zero to do with the actual playing. 

• Like (+1) 2