Greg Rosenthal QB Index

12 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

No need to be sensitive guys. I wouldn't have him at 32 but look at Trubisky ranked at 30 last year and now at 19. 

Can Josh Allen duplicate Trubisky's second year? If he does we're a playoff team

2018 stats: 14 games | 66.6 pct | 3,223 pass yds | 7.4 ypa | 24 pass TD | 12 INT | 421 rush yds | 3 rush TD

I agree with your sentiment to a certain extent and everyone has a right to their own opinions, but it does irk me some that so many analysts still feel the need to take shots at Allen. His comments in the summary make it clear he has an axe to grind, especially when looking at Rosen’s comments. If you had a to win a game tomorrow, the 32nd ranking in not so outlandish. It’s just the summary that bothers me more than anything and that Allen does seem to be a lighting rod for criticism. Again it is what it is and I’m not going to get too worked up over this.  

Edited by racketmaster

41 minutes ago, Logic said:

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Bills fans are way too easily offended as it relates to Josh Allen. Not every national pundit needs to give him a glowing review. It's fine. We're all excited about Allen, sure, but it's not the end of the world that non-Bills fans need more convincing. Who cares? Let the kid change their minds with his play on the field. The amount of hurt feelings and persistent pestering I see from Bills fans on Twitter and elsewhere any time someone gives Allen anything but praise is just crazy to me. Ease up. Breathe. It'll all be okay!

I think it might be because we of the JA fan club deal with enough Allen negativity from within our own fan boards here at TBD, it’s a reflexive reaction now ?. Point taken however, and I can’t wait to review the national hot takes after we start stringing together some decent win streaks in 2019. 

• Like (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

There are no Bills fans who want Allen to bust. There are Bills fans who can put their emotions aside and logically evaluate the state of the team. Plenty of people don't like our starting left tackle. I suppose they want to see Dawkins bust.

Oh no, there are posters ON THIS BOARD who what Allen to bust.

And doesn't being a "fan" (literally short for "fanatic") primarily involve emotions?  If I put my emotions aside, there would be no reason to follow the Buffalo Bills.  Or any team or sport.  

I come to TBD because I am emotionally invested in this team.

23 minutes ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

No need to be sensitive guys. I wouldn't have him at 32 but look at Trubisky ranked at 30 last year and now at 19. 

Can Josh Allen duplicate Trubisky's second year? If he does we're a playoff team

2018 stats: 14 games | 66.6 pct | 3,223 pass yds | 7.4 ypa | 24 pass TD | 12 INT | 421 rush yds | 3 rush TD

Trubisky is the floor.  The ceiling is Mahomes.  Not saying he will reach that ceiling, but it is not outside the realm.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS said:

Oh no, there are posters ON THIS BOARD who what Allen to bust.

And doesn't being a "fan" (literally short for "fanatic") primarily involve emotions?  If I put my emotions aside, there would be no reason to follow the Buffalo Bills.  Or any team or sport.  

I come to TBD because I am emotionally invested in this team.

If someone wants a Bills player to fail, I wouldn't consider them a fan. I'm emotionally invested for 3 hours a week during the season. That's more than enough. I don't equate criticism of Allen to "wanting him to bust" anymore than I would criticism of Dion Dawkins. Do we have to love everything about every player or just the QB?

42 minutes ago, Flip Johnson said:

No, he ranked Bortles above Allen!

Anybody want to trade? 

He’s taking a snapshot of the season, which seems to lean heavily on the beginning of the season. To watch the growth over the course of the year is critical. He was a different player in week 17 than he was early on. Based on the comments here I refused to click, but he does not seem to be taking trajectory and future promise into account. Just a snap shot from early this year, and I couldn’t argue with that. But it’s not the whole story. 

Oh, and it just makes it that much sweeter if he becomes what so many of think he’s capable of!

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

Allen’s play will eventually prove these knuckleheads right or wrong.  He certainly is the best prospect we’ve had since Kelly.  He may only end up average, or a stud.  It’s what he does this off season will show what he can do.

true dat.

I'm still very optimistic about Allen even though he has obvious accuracy problems and some QB instinct problems(holding the ball too long,inability to time a screen pass etc).

He is an athlete and playmaker and I think a winner ultimately. the worst thing they could do to him is try to make him something he isnt-Thats when QBs think too much and its time to stick the fork in.

2 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

If someone wants a Bills player to fail, I wouldn't consider them a fan. I'm emotionally invested for 3 hours a week during the season. That's more than enough. I don't equate criticism of Allen to "wanting him to bust" anymore than I would criticism of Dion Dawkins. Do we have to love everything about every player or just the QB?

lol no, but not every player is special. :)

anyway, I am fine with your even-handed logic, I have read many of your posts and there is nothing wrong with injecting some reality in to the analysis, I don't count you as one of the haters.  But as NoHuddle pointed out, there is such an element of illogical doubt on this very board and from "fans" in general, I cant help expressing some of my irrational exuberance to balance it out.  peace.

• Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, racketmaster said:

I agree with your sentiment to a certain extent and everyone has a right to their own opinions, but it does irk me some that so many analysts still feel the need to take shots at Allen. His comments in the summary make it clear he has an axe to grind, especially when looking at Rosen’s comments. If you had a to win a game tomorrow, the 32nd ranking in not so outlandish. It’s just the summary that bothers me more than anything and that Allen does seem to be a lighting rod for criticism. Again it is what it is and I’m not going to get too worked up over this.  

It's annoying. A lot of the guys on Twitter just throw Josh Allen in a tweet to get reactions because his name brings out the crazies. I know that's our guy and we're being good fans but we gotta just ignore them and hopefully Allen can shut them up with his play. Expecting a big year out of him next year. The zealots won't stop taking shots maybe ever because being right to them is more important than being fair. 

• Like (+1) 2

I looked at this list ,  Cousins was the first QB I'd take Josh over right now and that trend continued til he pops up at 32. 

If I'm wrong about him having superstar potential , and it being very achievable , like next season , I've never been so wrong about a player in my life.

36 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BortBl00.htm

bortles was a better passer as rookie, Allen was a better runner. 

Post injury he was significantly better though. 

2 hours ago, zow2 said:

Better pieces around Allen will be nice, but it's also about Nagy and the type of plays being called.  Trubisky went from a 59% passer to over 66%.  That's huge.  

But comp% is accuracy and you can't improve accuracy... or so I've been told.