Is the Pro Bowl worth going to?

Thinking of taking my two sons to the pro bowl in Orlando this year (ages 14 and 16) and wondered if anyone has been before and what their thoughts were? It would be a 2.5 hour drive there plus the cost of tickets, hotel, food, etc., just wondering if it's worth it?

Depending on how much it costs, it can be a good weekend but mostly for the kids. They might be slightly older than an age where kids really enjoy activities around the game. I took my son a while back when he was pretty young. They had the skill competitions which were a good time. 

• Like (+1) 1

Lol, yea definitely not worth watching on TV, was kinda hoping the actual event would be better. I agree about the age, when we lived in NY used to take them to the family event at training camp and they loved that, but that was years ago. I also like the idea Jim Kelly will be there but doubt we would get close enough to make a difference. 

40 minutes ago, BattlinBill said:

Thinking of taking my two sons to the pro bowl in Orlando this year (ages 14 and 16) and wondered if anyone has been before and what their thoughts were? It would be a 2.5 hour drive there plus the cost of tickets, hotel, food, etc., just wondering if it's worth it?

You'll be able to watch Kyle Williams represent us one last time...if i was that close I would do it in a heartbeat just for that...

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, BattlinBill said:

Did you take your two young men to the Miami game this year?

1 minute ago, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

I think it would be fun to take in some of the stuff surrounding the event and spending some time at Disney. But the game itself, meh. 

He lives 2.5 hours outside of Orlando.

53 minutes ago, BattlinBill said:

It might be fun for the kids, but the itself will be a piece of crap

Semi-related:  I heard on the radio this morning that Ovechkin was being fined for not playing the NHL all star game.  Does the NFL fine players for not playing?  Seems like no one good actually plays in the games.  The games always suck, anyway and I haven't watched in over a decade.  I just wonder if the live experience would be better if people weren't watching 3rd alternates play horrible football.

1 hour ago, BattlinBill said:

if they REALLY enjoy football then sure but otherwise find other activities to do.

It depends.  What will the weather be like where your home is, versus the site of the pro bowl?  With just a 2.5 hour drive, it's probably not worth it.  If you can escape a blizzard and take a week of vacation, go for it!

Edited by TigerJ

If it’s 90% about the getaway with the boys it could be awesome, as long as you have other things planned to make it worthwhile. Family time is always worth it, but that joke of a game might not be. Still, while it’s not real football, it could be a cool experience with your boys. 

12 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I live in orlando and might go to a few of surrounding activities but game is boring according to friends who went last year. But come and visit our city- it is fun.

I’ve gone with my then young boys for NCAA hoops, and went back for the Sweet 16 about 2-3 years ago. While I loved the hoops, it was great to just be away with the family. It can be a blast, but don’t count on the Pro Bowl providing quality entertainment. (We lived in Sarasota 18 years so were were there all the time, more for AAU hoops than Disney type stuff.)