Levi Wallace ends season as highest graded rookie CB by PFF

YoloinOhio

Just about every time I saw Levi he seemed to always be in good position to make the play.  I thought he played extremely well and has earned the right to be the front runner for the position next year.  I don't believe we need to try to draft high to try to replace him, just bring in some competition, beef him up a little and continue to coach him and I think he stands a decent chance at being at being a higher tiered starting DB in this league.

Another great find from Beane and co.   

Foster and Wallace appear to be staples of this organization moving forward.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

My strongest memory of Levi from this season was from the Jags game, where the WR he was covering caught a TD and he laid on the ground trying to rip the ball out or claim they both had it or something - he refused to give up on the play. It was immediately before the fight... not sure if it led to the fight? 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 5

Great addition.  I think we are in the mix to add 1 good CB this offseason because injuries happen and we can’t afford to throw Philip Gaines type players on the field.  

What was Taron Johnson’s rating?  I remember him being Humber 4 or 5 a week ago

Edited by NewEra

He is aces in coverage.  Plus I love his story! 

He has to clean up his run support and tackling technique. Granted he was probably put in a position to have to make these plays more than normal.  The Bills didn't set the edge well in a few games (like New England), but his tackling was exposed as an area of development several times.

21 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

He had a much better game in Week 17 - finally displayed a willingness to get his hands dirty and tackle.  Same with Edmunds for that matter.  Still need to upgrade the position in 2019.  Wallace is a nice, capable reserve but not yet a solution at the #2 CB spot.

You're just saying that because he was undrafted. Is Denzel Ward a solution in Cleveland?

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

He had a much better game in Week 17 - finally displayed a willingness to get his hands dirty and tackle.  Same with Edmunds for that matter.  Still need to upgrade the position in 2019.  Wallace is a nice, capable reserve but not yet a solution at the #2 CB spot.

Huh? 

• Like (+1) 2

I believe he has locked up our number 2 corner spot for the long term. Let's not forget that he played extremely well as a ROOKIE, and I even saw some metrics where he was playing as well as or better than Tre'Davious White at times. 

With White, Wallace, and Johnson in the slot, and Micah and Jordan at safety, our secondary has the makings of a dominant unit for years to come.

• Like (+1) 8

The Bills have far better luck with Alabama players they pickup at UDFAs than those they draft.

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

I believe he has locked up our number 2 corner spot for the long term. Let's not forget that he played extremely well as a ROOKIE, and I even saw some metrics where he was playing as well as or better than Tre'Davious White at times. 

With White, Wallace, and Johnson in the slot, and Micah and Jordan at safety, our secondary has the makings of a dominant unit for years to come.

I wouldn't mind some FA pickups to shore up the defense (along with offense) and then go all-offense in the draft.

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Im willing to give him a chance as a CB2 next season. We have much bigger holes to fill.