Updated: Steelers open to trading Antonio Brown - Rooney sees it hard bringing him back

Reed83HOF

38 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

1)  Re-read what I wrote.

I didn't say they have a specific problem with Ben's further past.............what they have a problem with is him being treated by management like he's squeaky clean and should have the right to call out his teammates for their failings......when he's had his own MAJOR issues.    It's an issue with management.   Remember, this is a team which has had star players like LeVeon Bell and Martavis Bryant suspended and subsequent contract disputes with both.

The reality that AB should understand.....double standard or not...... is that QB's rule the team.   But it's easy for him to look at his stats and think......"hey, I'm the Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers of WR's.......Big Ben is not as good at what he does as me.  I should have more pull around here".  

That makes more sense.  It really seems like unnecessarily complicating the issue, though.  

Big Ben has had his issues with crap play - two 3 INT games this year,  5 INT game last year, passes that WR have to jump or lay out for.  He shows up for OTAs increasingly looking like the Pillsbury Doughboy and not like an elite athlete who takes every reasonable action to maintain himself in peak shape.  And so forth.

Most people in most professions resent it like h*** when someone who has his own professional failings calls them out publically or at work for professional failings.  No need to bring in speculation about 12 year old motorcycle accidents or 8 year old off-field incidents being a cause - maybe they are maybe they aren’t but just the on-field stuff is enough, in my opinion.

And yep, you’re right, there is a double standard for QBs.  But I think the problem with AB is that Tomlin has been treating him as though there’s a double standard for AB, at least since 2015 and continuing through escalating disregard for team rules the last 2 years.

38 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

2)  There is MORE than enough smoke to draw a pretty strong conclusion that Shady has been abusive to women.  Antonio Brown.........not so much.  But if so please explain to me why sponsors keep hiring Antonio Brown?   Yeah that's what I thought.......crickets on that one.

3)  Doesn't suck to be Tomlin.......he has 2 Lombardi's and 3 SB trips DURING THE BELICHICK ERA.    He's already made a name for himself Hapless.      

LOL, Badol.  Yes, Tomlin will be forever remembered as the guy who was the Defensive Back Coach when Tampa won the Lombardi in 2002 or whenever it was.   That cements his reputation as a championship winning coach.  Not.

He’s been the head coach of a team with great talent for 12 years.  Sure he has a name for himself, but with 1 Super Bowl win at this point, he has exactly the same number of championships as a HC as Doug Peterson.   All these guys have egos.  All these guys want more, or they’d be off using their earnings to fund deep sea fishing trips or golfing vacations.  Sure, poor little rich boy and one can argue he made his bed, but he’s going to go down in football coaching history as an under-achiever at this point.

YMMV.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

LOL, Badol.  Yes, Tomlin will be forever remembered as the guy who was the Defensive Back Coach when Tampa won the Lombardi in 2002 or whenever it was.   That cements his reputation as a championship winning coach.  Not.

He’s been the head coach of a team with great talent for 12 years.  Sure he has a name for himself, but with 1 Super Bowl win at this point, he has exactly the same number of championships as a HC as Doug Peterson.   All these guys have egos.  All these guys want more, or they’d be off using their earnings to fund deep sea fishing trips or golfing vacations.  Sure, poor little rich boy and one can argue he made his bed, but he’s going to go down in football coaching history as an under-achiever at this point.

Tomlin's the 9th most winningest coach by percentage in NFL history since the merger, has a better playoff record and more Superbowls (1) than many of the 8 ahead of him. He's had a talented team, but there's something to be said about a coach that has been able to tenure so many talented teams in his career.

I wouldn't minimize his accomplishments one bit. He's had like 1 sub 500 season with the Steelers in his career. Has to be a sure fire HOF when his career is said and done and he may win more (hard to see with Ben post Bell and Brown). Doug Pederson needs a couple more winning years (or a SB) in him to be compared to Tomlin by this point.

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P

On 12/31/2018 at 4:59 PM, zonabb said:

Can't win with garbage human beings at critical positions and certainly can't win when the aholes take themselves out of the lineup. Selfishness is actually just a lack of maturity, which is unsurprising from a WR. Pretty hilarious the lack of humility from a 6th round pick from the MAC who is who he is because he has a QB to get him the ball. Classic ignorant arrogance. Hope Roethlisberger retires and that tool can't play the remainder of his career with some real bums at QB. 

Love football, hate the NFL as an organization and I never root for players because of losers like this. Every week it's something with these immature babies. 

Just another in a long list of players I root against and won't feel bad next time he gets lit up.

$$$.  root of all evil.  Give me Robert Foster. 

Not sure if he fits the profile of player they are looking for but if you could have him for a 2nd and 4th and possibly a little more then I think you do it.  He's a top 3 WR and if he keeps himself in shape he'll probably remain elite for another 4 years or so.

9 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

1)  Re-read what I wrote.

I didn't say they have a specific problem with Ben's further past.............what they have a problem with is him being treated by management like he's squeaky clean and should have the right to call out his teammates for their failings......when he's had his own MAJOR issues.    It's an issue with management.   Remember, this is a team which has had star players like LeVeon Bell and Martavis Bryant suspended and subsequent contract disputes with both.

The reality that AB should understand.....double standard or not...... is that QB's rule the team.   But it's easy for him to look at his stats and think......"hey, I'm the Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers of WR's.......Big Ben is not as good at what he does as me.  I should have more pull around here".  

2)  There is MORE than enough smoke to draw a pretty strong conclusion that Shady has been abusive to women.  Antonio Brown.........not so much.  But if so please explain to me why sponsors keep hiring Antonio Brown?   Yeah that's what I thought.......crickets on that one.

3)  Doesn't suck to be Tomlin.......he has 2 Lombardi's and 3 SB trips DURING THE BELICHICK ERA.    He's already made a name for himself Hapless.      

Gotta agree with Hapless--dragooning in his role as a DB coach for Tampa to punctuate your claim is akin to me arguing that Daboll (who, to be fair, I like so far) should never be fired because of his multiple SB rings. Which would be sophistry. 

7 hours ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

Tomlin's the 9th most winningest coach by percentage in NFL history since the merger, has a better playoff record and more Superbowls (1) than many of the 8 ahead of him. He's had a talented team, but there's something to be said about a coach that has been able to tenure so many talented teams in his career.

I wouldn't minimize his accomplishments one bit. He's had like 1 sub 500 season with the Steelers in his career. Has to be a sure fire HOF when his career is said and done and he may win more (hard to see with Ben post Bell and Brown). Doug Pederson needs a couple more winning years (or a SB) in him to be compared to Tomlin by this point.

BTW, where do you find this stuff?  The article I found (from mid-October) actually has him at 5.

I don't want to minimize Tomlin's accomplishments, any more than I want to minimize Sean Payton, or Mike McCarthy.

But at the end of the day, you know as well as I do that what's going to be said about all of them is: they had a HOF great QB, all the talent in the world, and they only won 1 - they underachieved.

You know that's not how he wants to be remembered.  Not looking good for him, though.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

That's one of those, "We'll cross that bridge when we get to it", deals.

Something is obviously going on in Pittsburgh.  8 seasons and never an issue until recently.

Check out Ryan Clark’s video on ESPN. It seems like the Steelers have done a good job of keeping his antics in house. 

http://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/25660913

3 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

Check out Ryan Clark’s video on ESPN. It seems like the Steelers have done a good job of keeping his antics in house. 

http://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/25660913

I don't doubt that Antonio is a diva, but Clark last played for the Steelers 4 seasons ago and Brown has been extended since then.

Couldn't have been that bad.

This is ABs tweet during Tomlins presser today. What a little baby ? ......... I don’t think too many teams will want this fool at that price throwing temper tantrums anytime he feels like it and not showing up for work. 

Temper  tantrum drama queen AB. 

giphy.gif

Edited by wppete

1 minute ago, wppete said:

This is ABs tweet during Tomlins presser today. What a little baby ? ......... I don’t think too many teams will want this fool at that price throwing temper tantrums anytime he feels like it and not showing up for work. 

Temper  tantrum drama queen AB. 

giphy.gif

I think we are days away from front lawn shirtless sit-ups and “next question” pressers

• Haha (+1) 1