Cincinnati Bengals: HC Marvin Lewis fired

YoloinOhio

• SDS changed the title to Cincinnati Bengals: HC Marvin Lewis fired

He’s the current version of Jeff Fisher.  Bad coach who kept sticking around from a reputation of something that happened a decade and a half earlier.  

Cant believe guys like him and Fisher held jobs as long as they did.  

I can’t see him getting another HC gig anytime soon, if ever, without first going back to a DC and having significant success as that.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

I thought the word on the street that ownership was allowing Marvin Lewis to leave the team on his own terms (retire/take a different role).  I guess he didn't do it fast enough.

The rumor is that they gave him the opportunity to resign and he didn’t take it 

• Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

This is probably the worst HC opening in the league. They need a major rebuild, aging stars, cheap owner, no indoor practice facility 

Couldnt agree more.  It’s certainly the worst one IMO too.  

The only potential silver lining to taking this job is that any new HC would likely get a solid 3 years before being on hot seat knowing it needs to be completely torn down and the owner isn’t quick to fire coaches.  Then again, Wilks in AZ should have too, but got axed after one season despite having a rookie QB and terrible OL.