Tom Coughlin offended by... what, exactly?

YoloinOhio

8 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

He isn’t out wasted 4th overall. For us he would be a 6th round pick with no guaranteed money in the trade I am advocating for. You know who else was a disappointing 1st round pick. Jerry Hughes. 

Jerry Hughes was just one of 11 defensive players that were on a bottom third unit, with the fan and team expectation of being another Dwight Freeney. Fournette would definitely not fit as a McBeane guy. I could care less who wasted a pick. He was a #4 overall, and that's what you base your "elite" talent e v a l on. He's not performing as an elite. My point is Jacksonville has an above average O line, yet Fournette is below average, even on his own team. Roll the dice for a cancer. I think McBeane conglomerate may be a little gun shy taking on cancers, after the Kelvin Benjamin experiment. Fournette is not going to be happy coming to Buffalo to run behind this O line. At least when we acquired McCoy, we had some O line talent.

15 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

More likely they'll be the Bills of the Rex Ryan era. Accumulating bad contracts in the mistaken belief that they are almost there, not realizing that their one year of success was more of a fluke than a harbinger of better things to come. (By the way, the Redskins have been competitive most every year - including this year until the QB Apocalypse - and have made the playoffs more often than, umm, some other teams. I'm always puzzled as to why people pull out the Redskins card as shorthand for poor personnel decisions ... sure, they seem to try to make things as chaotic as possible, but somehow they still hang around)

Not to turn this into a redskins thread...but the Redskins are the absolute worst franchise in the sport..by a mile. Fans have tuned out..as they say worst emotion in a fan base is not hate or love, its apathy

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/this-redskins-team-wasnt-built-for-todays-nfl-it-was-built-to-fall-apart/2018/12/30/70f41a32-0c70-11e9-831f-3aa2c2be4cbd_story.html?utm_term=.32148949e94a

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/for-redskins-and-their-shrinking-fan-base-its-been-a-long-fall-under-daniel-snyder/2018/12/30/48a988fe-0c71-11e9-831f-3aa2c2be4cbd_story.html?utm_term=.cc5faad08a89

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/a-once-proud-franchise-the-redskins-are-showing-signs-of-foundational-cracks/2018/12/29/c5194e90-0b8d-11e9-85b6-41c0fe0c5b8f_story.html?utm_term=.815b0ab76c18

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

I think it has more to do with the Jaguars belief that Fournette's hamstring was healed 3 weeks ago and he just won't play. He was never a team guy at LSU and it appears that he isn't in Jacksonville. Coughlin is an old school, team first guy.

?

Fournette was listed on injury report as doubtful then out for this week with an ankle injury.

He played the previous 3 weeks - 14, 11, and 18 carries.

9 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

?

Fournette was listed on injury report as doubtful then out for this week with an ankle injury.

He played the previous 3 weeks - 14, 11, and 18 carries.

You’re correct. I should have stated “earlier in the year”. I think Coughlin was suspect of this latest injury. I believe he missed 8 games this year. 

2 hours ago, buffaloaggie said:

Jerry Hughes was just one of 11 defensive players that were on a bottom third unit, with the fan and team expectation of being another Dwight Freeney. Fournette would definitely not fit as a McBeane guy. I could care less who wasted a pick. He was a #4 overall, and that's what you base your "elite" talent e v a l on. He's not performing as an elite. My point is Jacksonville has an above average O line, yet Fournette is below average, even on his own team. Roll the dice for a cancer. I think McBeane conglomerate may be a little gun shy taking on cancers, after the Kelvin Benjamin experiment. Fournette is not going to be happy coming to Buffalo to run behind this O line. At least when we acquired McCoy, we had some O line talent.

Because this OL is going to be the 2019 OL right?  Also is he really a Cancer or is it because the certain HC and GM have very abrasive personalities. Never heard of issues of Fournette in college. However I have heard of Marrone and Coughlin making players turn off. 

19 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

people saying this is all about fournette and yeldon sitting on the bench with their arms crossed,  not completely engaged. Fournette wasn’t even active. I mean it’s not jumping up and down Matt Barkley style, but the statement seems a bit strong to me. 

297.png

I don't really care about Jacksonville, but I like that Buffalo's locker room and coaching staff all seem to be on the same page and have the same enthusiasm and focus for the future.  Buffalo seems to have a much better locker room and alignment through the whole organization than seems to be the case in much of the league.

6 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

BB doesn’t publicly call out players. He does believe in discipline but 99% of the time it’s behind the curtain for no one to see

True most of the time, but Coughlin always does if he's not getting the results behind the curtains. He had issues publicly with Strahan while at the Giants. Seemed to work itself out just fine.

BB and TC are both high discipline guys. BB is better at not letting things get public but it does happen. Just go back to Butler in the Superbowl. 

16 hours ago, Da webster guy said:

By instituting a No Arms Crossing and No Sitting rule for an inactive player?

He wants the supposed leaders to lead. It's not that complicated. They should be more active on the sidelines helping, talking to guys, celebrating anything positive. You want guys involved.

There was a clip from McD from the preseason when he showed two good plays, one offense and one defense. On the defense one all the guys all piled in and celebrated. The offense one one the celebrations (if there was one) was muted. He called out the offensive guys and told them the defensive guys have it right. HE made it a point pf emphasis. That's how we end up with a Matt Barkley celebrating on the sidelines a Josh Allen QB sneak.

I have no problem with TC calling out Fournette for lack of leadership and contributing to the dumpster fire that the Jags are

• Like (+1) 1

What I gauge is this...

yeldon is there 3rd down back... he catches 50+ balls a year

Its 2nd and long and he’s sitting on the bench with his helmet off... then 3rd and long and same... 

it didn’t look like he was hurt.. it looked like he took himself out 

On 12/30/2018 at 4:27 PM, YoloinOhio said:

people saying this is all about fournette and yeldon sitting on the bench with their arms crossed,  not completely engaged. Fournette wasn’t even active. I mean it’s not jumping up and down Matt Barkley style, but the statement seems a bit strong to me. 

I'd guess it has a lot more to do with other things that happened during the season. Fournette seems like a major headache.