Tom Coughlin offended by... what, exactly?

YoloinOhio

7 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

More likely they'll be the Bills of the Rex Ryan era. Accumulating bad contracts in the mistaken belief that they are almost there, not realizing that their one year of success was more of a fluke than a harbinger of better things to come. (By the way, the Redskins have been competitive most every year - including this year until the QB Apocalypse - and have made the playoffs more often than, umm, some other teams. I'm always puzzled as to why people pull out the Redskins card as shorthand for poor personnel decisions ... sure, they seem to try to make things as chaotic as possible, but somehow they still hang around)

I think the Redskins are a perfect example. They're an awful franchise. They've been terribly mediocre under Snyder's entire tenure, who has many times proven to be a loud, blundering, idiot, and ***** rolls downhill. They suck, dude. Seriously their best record since 1999 is 10-6! That's much more a history of disappointing mediocrity than "being competitive". $71M guaranteed for Alex Smith???!!! They are the worst franchise in the league, aside from maybe the Jags.

Edited by Nelius

1 minute ago, Nelius said:

I think the Redskins are a perfect example. They're an awful franchise. They've been terribly mediocre under Snyder's entire tenure, who has many times proven to be a loud, blundering, idiot, and ***** rolls downhill. They suck, dude. Seriously their best record since 1999 is 10-6! That's much more a history of disappointing mediocrity than "being competitive". $71M guaranteed for Alex Smith???!!! They are the worst franchise in the league, aside from maybe the Jags.

They do suck. Up until very recently - like, a few weeks ago - they didn't suck as bad as our hometown boys did. Thankfully these teams (Bills/Skins) are now headed in opposite directions. It's just that using the Redskins as shorthand for "dysfunctional perennial losers" is a pet peeve of mine, because, well, they somehow always managed to patch it together and remain ... mediocre.

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

They do suck. Up until very recently - like, a few weeks ago - they didn't suck as bad as our hometown boys did. Thankfully these teams (Bills/Skins) are now headed in opposite directions. It's just that using the Redskins as shorthand for "dysfunctional perennial losers" is a pet peeve of mine, because, well, they somehow always managed to patch it together and remain ... mediocre.

Fair enough. They may not be as bad as other teams on paper, I just think the perennial mediocrity for them over the years is even worse when you consider how many millions of dollars they've thrown at awful contracts and the fact that Dan Snyder seemingly has never known what he's doing. And now they've got guys like Swearinger (who is a loud mouth but a legit starter) STILL calling out the organization and then leaving, thus creating more holes. They've just been flailing since Snyder bought the team nearly 20 years ago and always seem like they're falling apart.

Just now, Nelius said:

Fair enough. They may not be as bad as other teams on paper, I just think the perennial mediocrity for them over the years is even worse when you consider how many millions of dollars they've thrown at awful contracts and the fact that Dan Snyder seemingly has never known what he's doing. And now they've got guys like Swearinger (who is a loud mouth but a legit starter) STILL calling out the organization and then leaving, thus creating more holes. They've just been flailing since Snyder bought the team nearly 20 years ago and always seem like they're falling apart.

Agreed. Snyder's Redskins have always served as an example for me for how bad Bills management has been. It's almost like Snyder was following some recipe for creating a bad football team, yet somehow they landed on their feet multiple times (and went to the playoffs several times) all during the Bills playoff drought. Maybe his luck is finally running out ....

5 hours ago, FLFan said:

Yeah, saw that in the next post. Big mistake, just like both Cleveland and Jets made this past year.  Miami should move on too.  

There is no comparison between the records of Hue Jackson and Todd Bowles as HC and Marrone’s. I think Doug deserves another season.

Edited by vincec

Just now, buffalobillswin said:

Yeah it was the attitude that won those superbowls....Or maybe the pass rush. Definitely one of those two.

With your name there you must be at least 60 or a cockeyed optimist

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

people saying this is all about fournette and yeldon sitting on the bench with their arms crossed,  not completely engaged. Fournette wasn’t even active. I mean it’s not jumping up and down Matt Barkley style, but the statement seems a bit strong to me. 

At this point, I think Fournette could disappoint Coughlin as follows:

Inhale

Exhale

Done