4 year, $36 million extension for Quincy Enunwa

DCOrange

The devil is in the details...guaranteed money is all that matters...other than that its a year to year contract.

EDIT:  Looks like it says its worth a MAXIMUM of $36 million which means there are likely performance bonuses in there...to what degree we don't know.

Its also guaranteed slightly over $20 million for INJURY ONLY....big difference versus injury...he might want to do eveything he can to get hurt cause other than that I dont see him getting that $20 million...Jets gonna fire their GM after next year and he will get cut...

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

The devil is in the details...guaranteed money is all that matters...other than that its a year to year contract.

EDIT:  Looks like it says its worth a MAXIMUM of $36 million which means there are likely performance bonuses in there...to what degree we don't know.

Its also guaranteed slightly over $20 million for INJURY ONLY....big difference versus injury...he might want to do eveything he can to get hurt cause other than that I dont see him getting that $20 million...Jets gonna fire their GM after next year and he will get cut...

Has to make you wonder some if they are?  I mean why would the owner or whoever is above the GM who's job is secure allow a person about to be fired to extend a guy for 4 years?  But maybe that's why they are the NY Jets!

4 minutes ago, DBilz2500 said:

WOW. $9 mil/yr for 38 rec and 449 yds with 1 TD going into week 17?!?! The Jets are morons. 

He has been hurt most of the year, with that being said I still wouldn’t have paid him that much.

They might be looking at it differently. They can lock up Anderson and they have a young TE that is playing well. The three of them compliment each other well and spending the money to surround Darnold is the smart approach. 

• Like (+1) 2