Arizona Cardinals: HC Steve Wilks fired (potential add to Bills staff?)

YoloinOhio

35 minutes ago, mannc said:

Do you think the Bills overachieved against NE last Sunday?  How about against the Ravens in the opener?  Or against the Chargers at home?   

Here's my wasted knowledgeable breath.

No I think they played to there level at that point, but how about that game against the Vikings.  How about last season.  I think everyone forgets we had 2 new starters (if you want to call them that) on the Oline and a brand new Offensive scheme which happens to be the most difficult to learn and run in all of football.

12 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Here's my wasted knowledgeable breath.

No I think they played to there level at that point, but how about that game against the Vikings.  How about last season.  I think everyone forgets we had 2 new starters (if you want to call them that) on the Oline and a brand new Offensive scheme which happens to be the most difficult to learn and run in all of football.

That’s a silly excuse.  Teams get new starters on the 0-line all the time; it’s part of life in the NFL.  

One thing that has been ignored is that the Bills have been remarkably healthy this year compared to most NFL teams.  How many offensive and defensive linemen have missed games for injuries?  I actually can’t think of any.  Other than Allen’s elbow injury, how many key players have missed games for injuries this year?  Again, I’m hard pressed to think of any.  And yet they’ve still managed to get blown out far too often.  

11 minutes ago, mannc said:

That’s a silly excuse.  Teams get new starters on the 0-line all the time; it’s part of life in the NFL.  

One thing that has been ignored is that the Bills have been remarkably healthy this year compared to most NFL teams.  How many offensive and defensive linemen have missed games for injuries?  I actually can’t think of any.  Other than Allen’s elbow injury, how many key players have missed games for injuries this year?  Again, I’m hard pressed to think of any.  And yet they’ve still managed to get blown out far too often.  

Lets revisit this a year from now.

On 12/24/2018 at 10:42 AM, Doc said:

I'd just fire Frazier.  But is Wilkes any better?

I would like to fire Daboll and get Arians.  But he seems to want to only coach the Browns.

This is funny. Why would Arians ever coach under McDermott? He’s 100x the coach McDermott is. 

23 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Firing a coach after 1 season? They will never find someone willing to go to an organisation like that......

Yeah the SF 49ers have had a real tough time finding coaches.  

In 2015 Jim Tomsula was 1 & done as was his successor in 2016 Chip Kelly.  Kyle Shanahan went there without fear.

This isn't the 1st time the 49ers had multiple coaching changes in back to back years.  From 1976-1978 they went through 4 coaches.  Monte Clark went 1 & done in 1976, Ken Meyer went 1 & done in 1977, then in 1978 they outdid themselves, firing 1st year head coach Pete McCulley after 9 games, then firing his successor Fred O'Connor after the season where he coached the last 7 games.  Fortunately, Bill Walsh was not afraid to coach the 49ers in 1979 , lasting 10 seasons and finally providing some stability.

The graveyard of coaches, Cleveland hasn't had a coach make it through 3 straight seasons in a decade, including one & done Rob Chudzinski in 2013, yet they still get coaches who want to coach there and with QB Baker Mayfield, have one of the most coveted of the coaching openings this year. 

On 12/24/2018 at 10:52 AM, Flip Johnson said:

I don't think Frazier is anyone's first choice. But knowing that Wilks will likely available is nice philosophic continuity if Frazier goes.

Ariens has come out today and said that he would be willing to consider Tampa because of his connections there. so, it appears that Ariens wants back in the club.

On 12/24/2018 at 10:10 AM, Gugny said:

Frazier will never be a HC in the NFL again.  He's already set the Rooney Rule record and was gifted the MIN job, where he and the team were horrible.

Yeah just ask the Minnesota fans. They Don’t think much of him

On December 31, 2018 at 11:48 AM, Foxx said:

Ariens has come out today and said that he would be willing to consider Tampa because of his connections there. so, it appears that Ariens wants back in the club.

Just stay out of the way of Rex to Miami there Bruce.