The Trump Shutdown

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

One thing I liked about Trump's speech today is he finally gave a little clarification that it wouldn't be one continuous wall/barrier along the Mexican border.  It might convince some people that there tax money won't be wasted on an ineffective and expensive project that's unlikely to be completed.

It was his best effort yet to articulate the issue and solutions.  He had some numbers, etc and went beyond "the wall, the wall, the wall" as he has been harping.  He's in a position now to expose the dems true position of amnesty for all and open borders, but I don't know if the court of public opinion will provide enough support to actually pressure Nancy and Chuck.  Their dream is a dem house and dem white house in 2021 with a Senate that is not far off of 50/50.  That will probably give them enough leverage to "reform" immigration to their political liking.  Until then they can continue the character assassination of Trump for another 15 months or so and at that point neither party will be doing any "work" other than campaigning and fundraising. 

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

That's the move he's offered, which is right out of Sun Tzu: 

"When you surround an army, leave an outlet free. Do not press a desperate foe too hard."

Art of the deal......what a maroon! The orange menace throws out an option that neither party will vote for! 

And you you still think he is some kind of deal master....what an idiot....

He got some deals alright....and as long as the Justice department stays patriotic.....you are gonna find out all about them?

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Trump and Pelosi aren't good negotiators.  Trump didn't do himself any favors in the court of public opinion clearly changing his mind at the last second on not signing the bill and then saying he'd take the blame for the shutdown in front of the cameras.  Meanwhile, Pelosi calls the wall "immoral" and therefore any compromise that includes wall funding makes her commit an immoral act according to her definition.

One thing I liked about Trump's speech today is he finally gave a little clarification that it wouldn't be one continuous wall/barrier along the Mexican border.  It might convince some people that there tax money won't be wasted on an ineffective and expensive project that's unlikely to be completed.

"Clearly changing his mind"??? What? The news media reported he'd sign it. President Trump did not signal he would sign that bill.  In light of everything he campaigned on, best guess is the news media put forth a narrative hoping to either pressure Trump, make him seem weak, or so people could later say "he changed his mind".

He told Nancy he had the votes in the House for wall funding (he did) and he'd take the blame (adult in the room, but a mistake IMO).  Schumer than did not allow the Ds in the Senate to vote for the bill with wall funding. 

heh - autocorrect keeps wanting to replace Schumer with schemer. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

"Clearly changing his mind"??? What? The news media reported he'd sign it. President Trump did not signal he would sign that bill.  In light of everything he campaigned on, best guess is the news media put forth a narrative hoping to either pressure Trump, make him seem weak, or so people could later say "he changed his mind".

He told Nancy he had the votes in the House for wall funding (he did) and he'd take the blame (adult in the room, but a mistake IMO).  Schumer than did not allow the Ds in the Senate to vote for the bill with wall funding. 

If my understanding of the senate rules is correct, McConnell could’ve forced a vote in the senate by allowing the Dems to do an actual speaking filibuster, and then in turn forcing each one to yield the floor the moment they strayed off topic. Once each dem had spoken on the bill twice, they would not be eligible to speak again and a vote could be called and the bill passed on a simple majority. Other than taking a ton of time I’m not sure what the ramifications of doing it that way would’ve been or why they didn’t consider attempting it. 

It is funny to see all of the Democrats telling Trump that he needs to re-open the government before they will negotiate, when Nancy has already stated that if Trump re-opens the government, she will not negotiate on the wall. Talk about disingenuous. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, The_Dude said:

Or....or, maybe it’s been a decade since I’ve seen it? There could be that. But nah, it’s probably as you say. 

You can't remember things from 10 years ago? Hell, Tom remembers things that were said in Tom Mix movies.

2 hours ago, TH3 said:

Art of the deal......what a maroon! The orange menace throws out an option that neither party will vote for! 

And you you still think he is some kind of deal master....what an idiot....

He got some deals alright....and as long as the Justice department stays patriotic.....you are gonna find out all about them?

What he did was set in motion what everyone knew would happened. He exposed the left for being exclusively anti-Trump. Period. 

They literally rejected him before he even spoke. THAT is all you need to know.

The dude said he would take responsibility for the shutdown and the left isn't even competent enough to let him do that.

Best meltdown ever. Keep it up.

• Like (+1) 2

25 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

https://www.justice.gov/usao-edny/pr/eight-members-mexican-sex-trafficking-enterprise-plead-guilty-racketeering-sex

Eight Members Of Mexican Sex Trafficking Enterprise Plead Guilty To Racketeering, Sex Trafficking, And Related Crimes

Prosecution Dismantles Transnational Sex Trafficking Organization that Compelled Women and Girls into Prostitution for Over a Decade

WASHINGTON – Eight members of an international criminal organization, known as the Rendon-Reyes Trafficking Organization, entered guilty pleas in federal district court in Brooklyn, New York, this month to Racketeering and other federal charges arising from their scheme to force young women and girls from Mexico and Latin America into prostitution. For over a decade, the defendants smuggled their victims into the United States, then used force, threats of force, fraud, deception, and coercion to compel them to engage in prostitution for the defendants’ profit, generating criminal proceeds which the defendants laundered back to Mexico.

The eight defendants were charged in July 2015 in a 27-count indictment in the Eastern District of New York with Racketeering and Racketeering Conspiracy involving predicate acts of sex trafficking by force, fraud, or coercion, sex trafficking of minors, money laundering, alien smuggling, and interstate transportation for prostitution, in addition to parallel substantive charges.

The defendants were arrested simultaneously in the United States and Mexico in November 2015 as part of bilateral enforcement action. Five of the defendants were apprehended in Mexico by Mexican authorities and later extradited, and three were arrested in the United States by the specialized Trafficking in Persons Unit of the New York Office of the Department of Homeland Security’s Homeland Security Investigations.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Everything that actually takes some thought is above his pay grade.

Love to stay and mess with you losers, but making chilli on an open fire outside my igloo for the game! ***** I hope the fire doesn’t go through the ice! Check in with you tards later! 

2 minutes ago, BigMcD said:

Love to stay and mess with you losers, but making chilli on an open fire outside my igloo for the game! ***** I hope the fire doesn’t go through the ice! Check in with you tards later! 

Whale meat chili, or seal?

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BigMcD said:

What a stupid comment. You have no idea what I look like. People call me BigMcD for a reason and it’s not because I am fat! 

So people everywhere acknowledge the fact that you're a BigMcDouche?

6 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

McConnell doesn't pass a spending bill up in the Senate without insurances that the president will sign it.

3 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

What he did was set in motion what everyone knew would happened. He exposed the left for being exclusively anti-Trump. Period. 

They literally rejected him before he even spoke. THAT is all you need to know.

The dude said he would take responsibility for the shutdown and the left isn't even competent enough to let him do that.

Best meltdown ever. Keep it up.

They already knew of the offer through press reports.

8 minutes ago, BigMcD said:

1C613314-9046-48A8-8649-E761DABD2247.jpeg

Air Force One is, as it's name implies, operated by the Air Force.  The Air Force falls under the Department of Defense.  The Department of Defense FY19 appropriations bill was passed by both Houses of Congress and signed by President Trump in mid 2018

2 minutes ago, BigMcD said:

And look like a fool with the “your stupid” comment. ?

i-know-you-are-but-what-am-i.jpg

• Like (+1) 1