The Trump Shutdown

7 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Well, apart from the fact that we won't have $25 billion because we spent it on something useless...

It is going to require the seizure of private lands via eminent domain. There actually are long term environmental concerns, but I doubt you give a hot deuce about those.

I have to think that having your land forcibly sold away from you might bother people.

Especially for such a colossal waste.

Your smugness is ***** annoying. I'm not emotional. I could give two *****

But not for nothing I've had land forcibly taken from me thanks to Obama's high speed rail dream!  Remember that?  High speed rail!  Fund states and railroads to improve rail lines to one day take high speed rail up and down the i85 of railroads.  That big ol'dream ran out of steam quick. It ***** with many people and forcibly took land. That was a complete waste but I made 6 figures off that, and the other issues with the county doing it was not much different.

So, yeah, you are a worthless peon opining without intelligence or experience. Gain one. Come back to the adults table.  Now go sit with the kiddies. 

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, billsfan89 said:

...ladders and ropes can be left on the Mexico side (which America can do very little about,)...

Uh, you do realize that physical barriers aren't actually on the exact border, right?

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

So it's okay when it's a train to people through Kalifornia, but not to keep out people who don't belong!!!

https://www.fresnobee.com/news/local/high-speed-rail/article19667451.html

5 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Which is also why Trump's Wall is a load of *****: the cost is being low-balled by addressing just the physical construction ("Build a wall!") and not the more significant cost of patrolling and maintenance.  It's not a $5B wall...it's a $50B wall.

And worth every penny if saves just one life.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/27/us/suspect-california-police-officer-killed/index.html

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/true-crime/wp/2018/08/21/mollie-tibbetts-has-been-found-dead-a-month-after-she-vanished-authorities-say/?utm_term=.50e09f224ced

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2017/10/25/an-illegal-immigrant-killed-a-woman-and-was-used-to-justify-trumps-wall-now-hes-on-trial/?utm_term=.4af662eb9b17

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

No, no, no, no, no.  Not "If it saves just one life."

"THINK OF THE CHILDREN!"

The very leftists on this site during the Obamacare debate, howling that the entire bill was worth if it it only saved one child, today look at the border wall debate and say "Okay, so big deal, a few cops get killed by illegal aliens. Is that really worth a wall???"

Interestingly, they're simply too stupid to understand their own hypocrisy.

2 hours ago, BeginnersMind said:

Congress can pass legislation for both better Dreamer legislation and also fund the wall. Courts aren’t going to be an issue. 

Or the Dems can get something else in exchange for the wall. I’m not making the deal. Just saying the adults on both sides need to make the deal. 

Republicans won't do it because they know eminent domain and environmental lawsuits would push the building of the wall until the next presidential election cycle at which point it might not get built at all. 

Trump will have the Corps look into the wall, people will think its getting built and he'll "save face" when the gov't reopens.

Trust me, you don't want the Corps building the wall...  LoL... It will be a doosy when they get engineering division involved!  They will put up 20 miles and cost three times as much & Asian carp will slip through the Rio Grande... /smh...

FORWARD!

ESSAYONS!  

9 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Trump will have the Corps look into the wall, people will think its getting built and he'll "save face" when the gov't reopens.

Trust me, you don't want the Corps building the wall...  LoL... It will be a doosy when they get engineering division involved!  They will put up 20 miles and cost three times as much & Asian carp will slip through the Rio Grande... /smh...

FORWARD!

ESSAYONS!  

Asian carp are prime to have frickin' laser beams attached to their heads. A perfect deterrent for a large chunk of the border.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Koko78 said:

Asian carp are prime to have frickin' laser beams attached to their heads. A perfect deterrent for a large chunk of the border.

LoL... Hope the Trumpster knows what he is getting into invoking the Corps robbing Peter to pay Paul... Asian carp are filter feeders, they only orient themselves facing upstream... Migrants will just point downstream.

22 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

One slick politician:

"When I say Mexico's gonna pay for the wall -- do you think they're going to write a check?" Trump asked. "No, they're paying for the wall in a great trade deal."

Nice!

Which, of course, was obvious from day one to anyone who's still able to discern the difference between campaign rhetoric and reality.

13 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

You have no facts to back this up.

You're making broad summations of talking points you've heard while doing zero research for yourself into the issue. That's why you're so easily misled. 

Just feelz. No facts. The NPCinPhilly way of approaching life's problems.

You're terrible at this whole understanding how politics actually works thing. 

The pressure is all on the left to bend. They can't win the argument on substance, most of them already voted for the wall in the past, and the more days the government is shut down the less camera time the left's best shots in 2020 have to make their soundbytes on various committees and investigations they're just DYING to roll out. 

All feelz, no facts. The NPCinPhilly way. 

But much more on the left than the right, considering DC is largely a blue city with blue voting gov't workers.

Dude, I ****ing link the fact checking that back me up. Thank you for, once again, proving that you just refuse unbiased facts. All you do is cover your ears and chant about how wrong I am.

It's ok, keep having your tantrum with Lil' Baby Trump. Maybe you have some toys to play with

8t8dbwki9g921.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

8 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

LoL... Hope the Trumpster knows what he is getting into invoking the Corps robbing Peter to pay Paul... Asian carp are filter feeders, they only orient themselves facing upstream... Migrants will just point downstream.

And Asian Carp can't just easily cut holes in a wall. Did you see they just sawed a hole in the stupid wall with a saw they bought at a Home Depot! That's so funny! 

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/424682-nbc-prototype-of-steel-border-barrier-shows-it-could-be-sawed-through

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Which, of course, was obvious from day one to anyone who's still able to discern the difference between campaign rhetoric and reality.

https://www.sdbj.com/news/2018/jan/23/sd-500-michael-d-mckinnon/

Cmon DR..the media cabal can swing both ways no? This is like taking the word of a Sinclair owned station...

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, plenzmd1 said:

https://www.sdbj.com/news/2018/jan/23/sd-500-michael-d-mckinnon/

Cmon DR..the media cabal can swing both ways no? This is like taking the word of a Sinclair owned station...

Whatever side of the issue you come down on, the story here is about manipulated news coverage. The "Sinclair owned" station was contacted by the notoriously unTrump CNN for commentary about issues in their neighborhood, but apparently the messaging did not fit the narrative they were pushing.  My question has always been "Why decide for the people what news is newsworthy?".  That always leads me to the conclusion that since someone else is deciding what I should/should not hear, it's not news, it's an infomercial. 

The interesting part of what was reported here was the reference to "treatment" of the migrants, apparently not a story with enough pop when the narrative being pumped  is about how ineffective the barriers are.

Question for you...do you see this type of coverage as anything all that different than a Hannity or Maddow segment? The only real difference I can find is instead of one talking head there are multiples, and instead of a one hour segment its 24x7. 

9 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Whatever side of the issue you come down on, the story here is about manipulated news coverage. The "Sinclair owned" station was contacted by the notoriously unTrump CNN for commentary about issues in their neighborhood, but apparently the messaging did not fit the narrative they were pushing.  My question has always been "Why decide for the people what news is newsworthy?".  That always leads me to the conclusion that since someone else is deciding what I should/should not hear, it's not news, it's an infomercial. 

The interesting part of what was reported here was the reference to "treatment" of the migrants, apparently not a story with enough pop when the narrative being pumped  is about how ineffective the barriers are.

Question for you...do you see this type of coverage as anything all that different than a Hannity or Maddow segment? The only real difference I can find is instead of one talking head there are multiples, and instead of a one hour segment its 24x7. 

I 100% agree with this post..it is hard to almost impossible to watch any news without seeing slants.

I was more just busting on @Deranged Rhino ..hopefully, he recognizes as such!

And just a minor clarification, this station is not owned by Sinclair, but by a former GOP politician and staunch supporter of conservative causes. From all that I can see, still closer to the center than Sinclair propaganda

Edited by plenzmd1

If Trump was NOT a politician and was a straight shooter... Why the heck was he resorting to campaign rhetoric?  Why not say straight up that a Mexico deal (bad for Mexico) will pay for wall?  Why was Trump acting like super rhetorical politician striving to snag low hanging voters by spewing low information rhetoric?

Is this the Guy that will "drain the swamp", "lock her up" or bait & switch you a lemon from the car lot? Welcome to "Smilin' Don's (Gently) Used Car Lot.  Show your deplorable card and get 5% off.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

1 minute ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

If Trump was NOT a politician and was a straight shooter... Why the heck was he resorting to campaign rhetoric?  Why not say straight up that a Mexico deal (bad for Mexico) will pay for wall?  Why was Trump acting like super rhetorical politician striving to snag low hanging voters by spewing low information rhetoric?

Is this the Guy that will "drain the swamp", "lock her up" or bait & switch you a lemon from the car lot? Welcome to "Smilin' Don's (Gently) Used Car Lot.  Show your deplorable card and get 5% off.

Dude, I hoped you warmed up before attempting that stretch. Try harder....

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

And Asian Carp can't just easily cut holes in a wall. Did you see they just sawed a hole in the stupid wall with a saw they bought at a Home Depot! That's so funny! 

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/424682-nbc-prototype-of-steel-border-barrier-shows-it-could-be-sawed-through

We have 4 sluice gates and 2 fish screens, on dam.  It's too expensive to put 2 more fish screens in.

Yeah... We want the Corps to build a wall!

/smh

*IMO, leave the screens all out.  The good species, "collateral damage" is shocking when those screens are lifted and cleaned.  I mean, I swing 55 foot wide gates (110' opening) every 15 minutes during the summer to let boats through.

Who the hell's bright idea is it to get the Corps involved? LMAO....

9 minutes ago, westside said:

Dude, I hoped you warmed up before attempting that stretch. Try harder....

Let me guess, you are the low hanging voter that voted for Smilin' Don!

LMAO... A little sawdust in the engine makes motor purr like a kitten!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

16 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

@Gary M : Obama appreciates your "like." 

The point was that this is a bad idea no matter who is president. 

Oh, i remember "I have a phone and a pen"

Just don't cry like little babies, your guy set the precedent.

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I 100% agree with this post..it is hard to almost impossible to watch any news without seeing slants.

I was more just busting on @Deranged Rhino ..hopefully, he recognizes as such!

And just a minor clarification, this station is not owned by Sinclair, but by a former GOP politician and staunch supporter of conservative causes. From all that I can see, still closer to the center than Sinclair propaganda

Plenz = fake news. 

LS = believe everything he sees on the internet. 

Everyone wins (though DR has written expanisvely on the issue that bias appears on both sides of the aisle)

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Dude, I ****ing link the fact checking that back me up. Thank you for, once again, proving that you just refuse unbiased facts. All you do is cover your ears and chant about how wrong I am.

It's ok, keep having your tantrum with Lil' Baby Trump. Maybe you have some toys to play with

8t8dbwki9g921.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

You have not.made one valid point or statement in your own thread yet. Simply posting links to stories you *feel* support you is laughable. 

Can you ***** off already?  You're like if copypaste had a baby with Tiberius and flushed it down a toilet to arise 5 yrs later, you petulant child.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

We have 4 sluice gates and 2 fish screens, on dam.  It's too expensive to put 2 more fish screens in.

Yeah... We want the Corps to build a wall!

/smh

*IMO, leave the screens all out.  The good species, "collateral damage" is shocking when those screens are lifted and cleaned.  I mean, I swing 55 foot wide gates (110' opening) every 15 minutes during the summer to let boats through.

Who the hell's bright idea is it to get the Corps involved? LMAO....

Let me guess, you are the low hanging voter that voted for Smilin' Don!

LMAO... A little sawdust in the engine makes motor purr like a kitten!

Did you run out of things to complain about Trump? He sounded like a politician!

IMPEACH HIM NOW!!!!

Just now, ExiledInIllinois said:

I love Trump... I will deploy to the Southern Border!  Make some extra $$$$.

LoL... 

I would love to see all these crying liberals move to the border of Mexico. Lol, they could invite the illegals in for tea and biscuits. Have them stay with then a month or two.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, westside said:

I would love to see all these crying liberals move to the border of Mexico. Lol, they could invite the illegals in for tea and biscuits. Have them stay with then a month or two.

I'd rather see DHS release them by the busload into neighborhoods where Alyssa Milano, Nancy Pelosi, Adam Schiff, Kamala Harris, etc. live, when released pending asylum/deportation proceedings. They're fine upstanding people, after all. They should be welcomed with opened arms in those secure, gated communities.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, westside said:

I am a gatekeeper.  Asian carp boondoggle has been going on for years.  Perfect person for job.  Just like up here, there is no "emergency" because there are no carp close.  Corps will fit right in with the wall.

LoL... I hope he gets military construction (where my job is funded) innvolved... This will get interesting! Fasten your seatbelts for one doosy of a wall!

The Shutdown
by Richard Fernandez

Original Article

Trump’s New Shutdown World
Wall Street Journal, by Kimberley A. Strassel

Original Article

This weekend the federal shutdown becomes the longest in history—and yet, and yet, the sky has not fallen. Meet the team that has allowed the Trump White House to hold out for so long, and in the process forever altered future shutdown fights. Across the street from the Oval Office, an only somewhat merry band of budget lawyers labor on one priority: making this event as painless as possible. That was the order from President Trump when the government closed, and the Office of Management and Budget was ready