The Trump Shutdown

1 hour ago, Swill Merchant said:

Isn't it self-evident that a border is easier to secure when there is a barrier?

I am not quite sure. According to Trump and his followers, we have an immigration crisis of massive proportions. 

and also according to Trump, we already have a wall in place and that has been fully renovated or built.

So logic dictates a wall does not work..or he is lying..which one ya got?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Every time the secretary tried to bring up numbers, they interrupted. Because it's not about the numbers, or keeping the country safe for Chuck and Nancy. It's purely about denying Trump (another) political victory. 

Truly pathetic.

And I will almost guarantee that the morons at MSNBC and CNN are all crickets when it comes to this.

Just now, plenzmd1 said:

I am not quite sure. According to Trump and his followers, we have an immigration crisis of massive proportions. 

and also according to Trump, we already have a wall in place and that has been fully renovated or built.

There's plenty of fencing along the border that existed before Trump. There are (I believe) over 200 miles of fencing that's been redone/refurbished since October '18. 

There are plenty of unfenced/walled sections that still need to get done, that's where the hold up is. The military can (and has been) re-doing/strengthening existing fencing rather than building in new areas.

5 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

I would go with you're full of *****.

Six more years of Daddy Trump!! You'll never make it. Lol!!!!

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

There's plenty of fencing along the border that existed before Trump. There are (I believe) over 200 miles of fencing that's been redone/refurbished since October '18. 

There are plenty of unfenced/walled sections that still need to get done, that's where the hold up is. The military can (and has been) re-doing/strengthening existing fencing rather than building in new areas.

Now I just don't understand..hsi(Trumps)words mind  you, not mine

@Swill Merchant argued a wall is a no brainer..and yet Trump claims we have a wall already along "much of the border" ..and yet we still have an immigration crisis. Seems to me throwing good money after bad maybe? Definition of insanity maybe?

Just now, westside said:

I would go with you're full of *****.

Six more years of Daddy Trump!! You'll never make it. Lol!!!!

That's a brilliant retort!!!!!

Was it going to take too long a time to form a cogent argument about the logic that follows the tweet and the immigration problem ala building a wall?

If we have a wall already, and upgraded one at that, and we have a massive immigration problem..does that not logically mean a wall does not work??? just answer that simple question

2 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

@Swill Merchant argued a wall is a no brainer..and yet Trump claims we have a wall already along "much of the border" ..and yet we still have an immigration crisis. Seems to me throwing good money after bad maybe? Definition of insanity maybe?

You're changing the argument from whether a wall would be effective to a critique of President Trump's rhetoric.

The point is that if you're trying to prevent migration across the southern border, with all other things being equal, it would be easier to accomplish that with a physical barrier than without one.

I don't really think there's a reasonable argument to the contrary.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

That's a brilliant retort!!!!!

Was it going to take too long a time to form a cogent argument about the logic that follows the tweet and the immigration problem ala building a wall?

If we have a wall already, and upgraded one at that, and we have a massive immigration problem..does that not logically mean a wall does not work??? just answer that simple question

Not if you only have 200 miles of wall.  You don't need to be a genius to know they will just go around it. That's why we need to finish the job.  It's not even half done yet you come to the brilliant conclusion that it doesn't work.  

You're amazing ignorant if you believe that. 

Just now, Swill Merchant said:

You're changing the argument from whether a wall would be effective to a critique of President Trump's rhetoric.

The point is that if you're trying to prevent migration across the southern border, with all other things being equal, it would be easier to accomplish that with a physical barrier than without one.

I don't really think there's a reasonable argument to the contrary.

no..you posited that a wall was self-evident would be an effective measure against illegal immigration.

Trump has posted that we have a wall already built and upgraded. So the evidence shows it does not work.

I will take evidence over ideas 100% of the time. 

10 minutes ago, westside said:

Not if you only have 200 miles of wall.  You don't need to be a genius to know they will just go around it. That's why we need to finish the job.  It's not even half done yet you come to the brilliant conclusion that it doesn't work.  

You're amazing ignorant if you believe that. 

200 miles half done eh?

1 hour ago, Swill Merchant said:

All the Senate Dems have to do is allow a vote on the bill the House already passed. They're forcing a shutdown solely for the purpose of preventing a political victory for Donald Trump.

There is absolutely nothing principled about what they're doing.

So you are endorsing a big waste of government money just to hand stupid Trump a victory? That's very partisan and myopic of you 

53 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

no..you posited that a wall was self-evident would be an effective measure against illegal immigration.

Trump has posted that we have a wall already built and upgraded. So the evidence shows it does not work.

I will take evidence over ideas 100% of the time. 

200 miles half done eh?

Do you know how to read?

2 hours ago, westside said:

Do you know how to read?

Your words .. what part am I misconstruing?

“Not when you have only 200 miles of wall. It’s not even half done yet. “ certainly implies you believe the wall is close to half done. 

Trumps words

“we have a mostly built and upgraded wall”

which one one is correct? You and the wall is not quite half built yet or Trump that it is? 

I am going with POTUS. after all, he is the POTUS. 

but tell me again how how I can’t read. And tell me again why a wall is effective if POTUS tells me we have a wall , and we still  have an epidemic when it comes to illegal immigration. I have asked you this now three times, and you refuse to form an argument that refutes a wall is not an effective solution. 

Your standard retort of “ I walked away, Trump is  smart, you dumb” is tiresome. 

Form an argument, present some evidence , and have a meaningful discourse on the subject. 

24 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Why doesn't Trump tweet this up more?!? Let's the Conservatives pay for the stupid wall. Only $18 million so far? Only $4.8 BILLON more to go! Where's the money Conservatives?? 

Nice math, Gleeful Gator The Plagiarist and Sock Puppet.

48 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Your words .. what part am I misconstruing?

“Not when you have only 200 miles of wall. It’s not even half done yet. “ certainly implies you believe the wall is close to half done. 

Trumps words

“we have a mostly built and upgraded wall”

which one one is correct? You and the wall is not quite half built yet or Trump that it is? 

I am going with POTUS. after all, he is the POTUS. 

but tell me again how how I can’t read. And tell me again why a wall is effective if POTUS tells me we have a wall , and we still  have an epidemic when it comes to illegal immigration. I have asked you this now three times, and you refuse to form an argument that refutes a wall is not an effective solution. 

Your standard retort of “ I walked away, Trump is  smart, you dumb” is tiresome. 

Form an argument, present some evidence , and have a meaningful discourse on the subject. 

Please put that in context and provide a link.

5 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

This was my exact quote:

Isn't it self-evident that a border is easier to secure when there is a barrier?

3 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Trump made it into the press briefing room an hour or so ago. A first for the administration. 

1) He needs to do more of this. The Press will cover it if Trump is there (even if they sound-bite and snippet it later).

2) He needs to stay ON TOPIC (shesh)

3) Is hair optional for Border Patrol Agents? 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

1) He needs to do more of this. The Press will cover it if Trump is there (even if they sound-bite and snippet it later).

2) He needs to stay ON TOPIC (shesh)

3) Is hair optional for Border Patrol Agents? 

I watched it and thought it might be a "Mr. Clean" commercial audition.

• Haha (+1) 3