• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

So out of the above, you get this?

“we have a mostly built and upgraded wall”

Rather disingenuous, eh?

“Much of the wall has been fully renovated or built”

Exact freaking words, and I mean exact. Tell me where I am being disengenous. 

49 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

“Much of the wall has been fully renovated or built”

Exact freaking words, and I mean exact. Tell me where I am being disengenous. 

There's a large difference between "much" and "most". We don't need another Tibs here.

18 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

There's a large difference between "much" and "most". We don't need another Tibs here.

really??? damn, I don't mind arguing with yall, but are we getting into he the meaning of the word is?

Please do tell me the difference between "much" and "most"

2 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

really??? damn, I don't mind arguing with yall, but are we getting into he the meaning of the word is?

Are you serious? Isn't English your first language?

56 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

"Most" is the superlative of "much."

It's the difference between "great" and "greatest" basically. 

1 hour ago, DC Tom said:

"Most" is the superlative of "much."

It's the difference between "great" and "greatest" basically. 

I'm thinking on a scale of 1 to 10 "much" would be anywhere between 3-5 while "most" would be 6-8. They are not synonyms.

19 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

I'm thinking on a scale of 1 to 10 "much" would be anywhere between 3-5 while "most" would be 6-8. They are not synonyms.

okay, obfuscate as much as you want..when oine has no clear logic argument ..fight over degrees of adjectives.

Can you please explain this tweet as it relates to why a wall will work if we already have a wall why it's not working.

If you cant, and you want to argue the difference between the meaning of much and most... I get it. You can't defend the tweet, so you try and switch the debate to the ridiculous. Works for dolts,  does not work for people who have brains.

Please for the love of god explain this tweet and the reason why we need more money for a wall when we already have one and yet have an epidemic problem with immigration. Simple question should be a simple answer if a wall works

Edited by plenzmd1

9 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

okay, obfuscate as much as you want..when oine has no clear logic argument ..fight over degrees of adjectives.

Can you please explain this tweet as it relates to why a wall will work if we already have a wall why it's not working.

If you cant, and you want to argue the difference between the meaning of much and most... I get it. You can't defend the tweet, so you try and switch the debate to the ridiculous. Works for dolts,  does not work for people who have brains.

Please for the love of god explain this tweet and the reason why we need more money for a wall and why a wall a wall works if we have an epidemic problem with immigration. Simple question, should be a simple answer if a wall works

He's too sensitive to media coverage causing him to falsely claim Mexico will pay/is paying for the wall because that's a promise that most rational people recognized as a joke on the campaign trail.  An entire border wall will never be made as we could barely get an almost 700 mile fence up and maintained, but any money that goes to any type of physical barrier to help border patrol should be encouraged.  Remember that the only reason this even resonated with voters is because neither party has made border security a top issue.  If you're expecting a Game of Thrones type wall all the way across the border.....you're an idiot.

4 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Trump made it into the press briefing room an hour or so ago. A first for the administration. 

He shows up with  bunch of Nazi looking creeps while the most diverse House of Representives is sworn in. 

15 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Please for the love of god explain this tweet and the reason why we need more money for a wall when we already have one and yet have an epidemic problem with immigration. Simple question should be a simple answer if a wall works

You are the one who conflated Trump's words so that they fit your purpose. If there wasn't a substantial difference between much and most then you wouldn't have switched them. Everyone knows the wall isn't completed but where it is completed properly it works. Play all the word games you want but all you're doing is giving people here a reason to not want to have a discussion with you. Don't be that guy.

Just now, Doc Brown said:

He's too sensitive to media coverage causing him to falsely claim Mexico will pay/is paying for the wall because that's a promise that most rational people recognized as a joke on the campaign trail.  An entire border wall will never be made as we could barely get an almost 700 mile fence up and maintained, but any money that goes to any type of physical barrier to help border patrol should be encouraged.  Remember that the only reason this even resonated with voters is because neither party has made border security a top issue.  If you're expecting a Game of Thrones type wall all the way across the border.....you're an idiot.

Security isn't a top issue? Can you explain that better? 

Security, as we are in danger or something? 

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

He shows up with  bunch of Nazi looking creeps while the most diverse House of Representives is sworn in. 

Damn you are dense. Did you listen to those Nazi looking creeps? Did you notice the Hispanic accents?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

You are the one who conflated Trump's words so that they fit your purpose. If there wasn't a substantial difference between much and most then you wouldn't have switched them. Everyone knows the wall isn't completed but where it is completed properly it works. Play all the word games you want but all you're doing is giving people here a reason to not want to have a discussion with you. Don't be that guy.

Okay, let’s use his words.”  Much of the wall has been fully renovated or built”. 

Am am I being a tool by using his words? Just explain the efficacy of a wall and more funding if much of it has been built and renovated. 

Simple question. 

2 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Okay, let’s use his words.”  Much of the wall has been fully renovated or built”. 

Am am I being a tool by using his words? Just explain the efficacy of a wall and more funding if much of it has been built and renovated. 

Simple question. 

The whole idea of a wall is to funnel people into ports of entry where they can be vetted. DR posted a link and I quoted it showing how many criminals, etc. were being caught at the border. The amount was astonishing. We know that a wall is only part of the solution but the idea in itself is upsetting to you with TDS since you can't stand the idea of Trump fulfilling a campaign promise. Quit being obtuse.

6 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I miss your point.. .. what are trying to say? That the wall is strictly a political talking point for both parties? Could not agree more. Please see all my responses in this thread in regards to that issue, and my stance in a wall. 

I think i may may have stated 10 times I would respect Trump more if he actually believed in the wall as a real safety issue for the US and demanded full funding for it. But it’s not about a wall for him, it’s about saying to his base I “ I got funding for a wall” .. no matter if it is for 1/10th of a wall and it’s useless at that scale. 

But his ridulous and false tweets about a wall already being in place and upgraded , and his stupid and false tweet last week about approving new wall construction fully confirm it is all a political game for him , as well as the democrats. 

Most people get that is what it about, people with Trump blinders actually think this is somehow about border security. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

The whole idea of a wall is to funnel people into ports of entry where they can be vetted. DR posted a link and I quoted it showing how many criminals, etc. were being caught at the border. The amount was astonishing. We know that a wall is only part of the solution but the idea in itself is upsetting to you with TDS since you can't stand the idea of Trump fulfilling a campaign promise. Quit being obtuse.

Dude , my whole point has been to see if you guys would actually say that tweet was a falsehood. You just can’t bring yourself to say that. That being the case , the only logical conclusion is a wall will not work if we take Truos tweet as the truth. 

If a wall works , his tweet is a falsehood. Plain and simple. Which one is it? 

I have been clear in this thread i agree with a wall being built. That is not what this shutdown is about..it is about both parties appealing to their bases. 

If Trump has some stones , he would be standing firm on $30B, not $ 5b so he can get Ingraham  and Coulter off his back.