The Trump Shutdown

2 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

Dude , my whole point has been to see if you guys would actually say that tweet was a falsehood. You just can’t bring yourself to say that. That being the case , the only logical conclusion is a wall will not work if we take Truos tweet as the truth. 

If a wall works , his tweet is a falsehood. Plain and simple. Which one is it? 

I have been clear in this thread i agree with a wall being built. That is not what this shutdown is about..it is about both parties appealing to their bases. 

If Trump has some stones , he would be standing firm on $30B, not $ 5b so he can get Ingraham  and Coulter off his back. 

That makes no sense. He wants a wall because it's the right thing for border security. Does it help him with his base? Of course it does. Does not funding a wall help the dems with their base? Yep. The dems stance doesn't help with border security though does it? So, who's playing politics here?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

That makes no sense. He wants a wall because it's the right thing for border security. Does it help him with his base? Of course it does. Does not funding a wall help the dems with their base? Yep. The dems stance doesn't help with border security though does it? So, who's playing politics here?

If he really believes a wall is essential, go to the freaking mattresses and get funding for a wall.  Do you believe $5b gets a Wall built? 

See, i keep telling y’all words matter. This tweet is problematic for him... how can we have a wall and such an immigration issue. Not one Trump believer has adddessed that tweet yet in this thread. Not one   

2 minutes ago, plenzmd1 said:

If he really believes a wall is essential, go to the freaking mattresses and get funding for a wall.  Do you believe $5b gets a Wall built? 

See, i keep telling y’all words matter. This tweet is problematic for him... how can we have a wall and such an immigration issue. Not one Trump believer has adddessed that tweet yet in this thread. Not one   

Reading your replies I might suggest...

Instead doing so much to say what you don't believe try saying what you do believe. That may encourage an actual dialogue and conversation from others wishing to engage in such. 

Not saying you have to change but you're hitting lob balls out to the same outfielders.  It'll be the same results 

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

Dude , my whole point has been to see if you guys would actually say that tweet was a falsehood. You just can’t bring yourself to say that. That being the case , the only logical conclusion is a wall will not work if we take Truos tweet as the truth. 

If a wall works , his tweet is a falsehood. Plain and simple. Which one is it? 

I have been clear in this thread i agree with a wall being built. That is not what this shutdown is about..it is about both parties appealing to their bases. 

If Trump has some stones , he would be standing firm on $30B, not $ 5b so he can get Ingraham  and Coulter off his back. 

The argument is a logical fallacy. It's a statement that President Trump says x & y, therefore if y isn't true then x is false.

x is not a function of y.

Furthermore, the falsity of y has yet to be established.

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

It's a point that's not strong enough to warrant serious rebuttal. If I understand you correctly, and please correct me if I'm wrong, your argument is that if much of the wall has been built, and we still have immigration issues, then the wall doesn't work. 

That's equivalent to: If much of the dam has been built, but the river still flows, dams don't work.

2 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

I'm thinking on a scale of 1 to 10 "much" would be anywhere between 3-5 while "most" would be 6-8. They are not synonyms.

I don't care what you think; I gave the literal definition.  "Most" is the superlative of "much."  ("Most" = "Muchest," if you truly need it dumbed down for you.)

35 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I don't care what you think; I gave the literal definition.  "Most" is the superlative of "much."  ("Most" = "Muchest," if you truly need it dumbed down for you.)

If I truly need something dumbed down for me then you would be the perfect person to do it. I merely tried to clarify your non definitive description by placing a value on "much" and "most". I did so without insult or rancor. You, on the other hand displayed your true self. Once a prick, always a prick.

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

He shows up with  bunch of Nazi looking creeps while the most diverse House of Representives is sworn in. 

I didn't know Nazis sported shaved heads. I thought the parted their hair in the middle and had funny mustaches.  

Somehow I think Art Del Cueto and Hector Garza would not appreciate being called "Nazi looking creeps". 

Diversity makes us stronger, unless Trump does it that is.

Rep. Tom Reed (R-N.Y.) is calling the partial government shutdown “asinine” and predicts it will end soon.

Reed, a co-chair of the bipartisan Problem Solvers Caucus, said he believed that once the House elects its leaders later on Thursday, negotiations will move much more quickly toward ending the shutdown, which began on Dec. 22.

“We have a little bit more political theater to go through here – the extremes on both sides seem to be locking the parties up into this gridlock,” he told Hill.TV. “But I think once we get through the leadership elections here today, I think there's a deal to be struck here. … This is untenable.”

He suggested a compromise surrounding border security and other reforms to immigration.

Reed criticized both sides in the debate for getting hung up over the border wall, saying it was “asinine to engage in this type of political bickering - over a term.”

He noted that two children have died in custody of the Department of Homeland Security, and that a California police officer was allegedly shot by an undocumented immigrant.

“You have two children who died, you have a law enforcement officer who was killed in the line of duty – you are going to put the political divide over substantively addressing these issues so people are not suffering such human tragedy? That, to me is wrong,” he said.

Cracks in Trump's wall of support...

While many federal workers go without pay and the government is partially shut down, hundreds of senior Trump political appointees are poised to receive annual raises of about $10,000 a year.

The pay raises for Cabinet secretaries, deputy secretaries, top administrators and even Vice President Pence are scheduled to go into effect beginning Jan. 5 without legislation to stop them, according to documents issued by the Office of Personnel Management and experts in federal pay.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2019/01/04/while-federal-workers-go-without-pay-senior-trump-administration-officials-are-poised-get-raises/?utm_term=.3d1fed229746

12 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

10 minutes ago, peace out said:

Pathetic

doesn't the fact that Trump isn't taking a salary more than offset these raises?

trust me, i am no fan of giving these swamp creatures anything but context is required.

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

"Pathetic" sounds like a really good screen name for you when you want to run away from your latest, Gary.

Might change it to 3rdn1ng 

52 minutes ago, Foxx said:

doesn't the fact that Trump isn't taking a salary more than offset these raises?

trust me, i am no fan of giving these swamp creatures anything but context is required.

All other federal workers pay raises (2.something %) were wiped out regardless of the shutdown except for his senior officials. That is the context in which it is pathetic.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Image result for subtle laugh gif

Again, POTUS leading with human trafficking (for those saying he should do so, he continues to but it won't be covered).

Humane? The guy who scapegoats immigrants wants to save them now? Come on. The guy says immigrannts are criminals, murderers, rapists and terrorists. Real human