The Trump Shutdown

National Park Service spokesman Jeremy Barnum said in an email that an average of six people die each week in the park system, a figure that includes “accidents like drownings, falls, and motor vehicle crashes and medical related incidents such as heart attacks.

So .....................the shutdown is saving lives...0:)

• Haha (+1) 1

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, B-Man said:

National Park Service spokesman Jeremy Barnum said in an email that an average of six people die each week in the park system, a figure that includes “accidents like drownings, falls, and motor vehicle crashes and medical related incidents such as heart attacks.

So .....................the shutdown is saving lives...0:)

Fewer government workers to push teenagers off cliffs and push trees over on hikers, obviously.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, westside said:

Can anyone on the left defend this? Foriegn aid? Sounds like the dems want to line some donors pockets for the help in taking Congress back. 

Can the left go any lower?

Nawww they couldn't a few pages back when I asked. They certainly aren't going to come up with something good today. 

Just now, Buffalo_Gal said:

Nawww they couldn't a few pages back when I asked. They certainly aren't going to come up with something good today. 

This really disgusts me. How can this be justified? 

What exactly is foreign aid? Why is it more important than defending our border?

10 minutes ago, westside said:

Can anyone on the left defend this? Foriegn aid? Sounds like the dems want to line some donors pockets for the help in taking Congress back. 

Can the left go any lower?

I wonder how much of it is for Russia...

Total aid to Russia under the Obama administration was about 3.5 billion, by the way...

Edited by DC Tom

11 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Thumbnail...................Du-txBpWoAAS5fP.jpg

This is why this is a smart fight for President Trump. The only real reason to dig in this hard against the wall is if you desperately want open borders, and that's a wildly unpopular (not to mention insane) position.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rob's House said:

This is why this is a smart fight for President Trump. The only real reason to dig in this hard against the wall is if you desperately want open borders, and that's a wildly unpopular (not to mention insane) position.

Or if you desperately hate Trump, which is less unpopular and insane...until you take it to this apocalyptic level.

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

Or if you desperately hate Trump, which is less unpopular and insane...until you take it to this apocalyptic level.

True, but they could never admit they shutdown the government just to spite President Trump. They're playing a losing hand.

3 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

True, but they could never admit they shutdown the government just to spite President Trump. They're playing a losing hand.

Actually, at this point they probably could, and their popularity rating would increase.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, DC Tom said:

Actually, at this point they probably could, and their popularity rating would increase.

The Tibs crowd would definitely appreciate it. Not so sure the Plenz types would be as understanding. Not that I think either would ever turn on the Dems.