The Trump Shutdown

Just now, Tiberius said:

Humane? The guy who scapegoats immigrants wants to save them now? Come on. The guy says immigrannts are criminals, murderers, rapists and terrorists. Real human 

Of course, that's not what he actually said. But it sure does sound like a strong narrative when you misquote him about it. 

• Like (+1) 2

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

Of course, that's not what he actually said. But it sure does sound like a strong narrative when you misquote him about it. 

Thanks,

One of the (very) few times when I considered responding directly to Gator's nonsense.

Everything in his quote is 180 degrees off..............

Not encouraging people to try and cross a desert is (of course) humane, but lefty's gotta lefty.

Du-txBpWoAAS5fP.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Trump has never called immigrants rapists murderers and terrorists? Accused them of a non-existant crime wave? 

Come on 

8 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Thanks,

One of the (very) few times when I considered responding directly to Gator's nonsense.

Everything in his quote is 180 degrees off..............

Not encouraging people to try and cross a desert is (of course) humane, but lefty's gotta lefty.

Du-txBpWoAAS5fP.jpg

You just can't handle the ugly truth about Trump 

“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”

–Real estate mogul Donald Trump, presidential announcement speech, June 16, 2015

“I can never apologize for the truth. I don’t mind apologizing for things. But I can’t apologize for the truth. I said tremendous crime is coming across. Everybody knows that’s true. And it’s happening all the time. So, why, when I mention, all of a sudden I’m a racist. I’m not a racist. I don’t have a racist bone in my body.”

–Trump, interview on Fox News’ “Media Buzz,” July 5, 2015

“What can be simpler or more accurately stated? The Mexican Government is forcing their most unwanted people into the United States. They are, in many cases, criminals, drug dealers, rapists, etc.”

7 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Link the words. Should be easy enough. Full quote please.

How about video?

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2015/06/16/trump_mexico_not_sending_us_their_best_criminals_drug_dealers_and_rapists_are_crossing_border.html

But just to be safe, here is the full quote

Thank you. It’s true, and these are the best and the finest. When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.

But I speak to border guards and they tell us what we’re getting. And it only makes common sense. It only makes common sense. They’re sending us not the right people.

It’s coming from more than Mexico. It’s coming from all over South and Latin America, and it’s coming probably— probably— from the Middle East. But we don’t know. Because we have no protection and we have no competence, we don’t know what’s happening. And it’s got to stop and it’s got to stop fast.

Now the bold emphasis is my own, but this was the man ANNOUNCING HIS CANDIDACY. And not only is he stating that crime, drugs and rape is coming from immigrants, he is also throwing in this patented "I bet Middle Easterners are in there too!" although he admits he has zero evidence.

I don't know why I bother. You are going to reject objective reality like you always do.

man-wearing-blinders.jpg?w=723man-wearing-blinders.jpg?w=723

.............Tibs/Gator............................................Whitewalker............................

He states that the many immigrants are guilty of crime..................NOT ALL.................that is your inference...............one that you will NEVER admit.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

How about video?

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2015/06/16/trump_mexico_not_sending_us_their_best_criminals_drug_dealers_and_rapists_are_crossing_border.html

Now the bold emphasis is my own, but this was the man ANNOUNCING HIS CANDIDACY. And not only is he stating that crime, drugs and rape is coming from immigrants, he is also throwing in this patented "I bet Middle Easterners are in there too!" although he admits he has zero evidence.

I don't know why I bother. You are going to reject objective reality like you always do.

So... he didn't say all immigrants are drug dealers/terrorists/rapists. 

Which is the point. 

Thank you for making it for me.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Tiberius said:

So no need for a wall then! 

Follow along, that's not the conclusion to draw if you're thinking it through rationally, rather than politically. 

* Crime/Trafficking/Drugs comes in through the southern border. This is an indisputable fact. 

* A wall in certain areas (not all) will help stem the tide of these illegal acts, keeping the country safer as a result. This too is an indisputable fact. 

* A wall alone will do nothing. Increased funding for "technology and manpower" without a wall will also do nothing as these funding mechanisms can be taken away.

This is pure politics for the DNC. They know a wall was a campaign promise, denying it to Trump will hurt him in 2020 while keeping the country vulnerable. The same DNC leadership shut down the government to support non-citizens just last year, now they're prolonging the shut down not to keep Americans safe, but to keep them endangered because for them it's good politics. 

Principles are funny things.

15 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

How about video?

Hmm..so YOU are assuming that he was talking about ALL Mexicans? 

I never assumed that he was talking about ALL Mexicans (including my daughter and her mother and all of her family). So why did you?

Edited by OJ Tom

an older report but you can bet that the numbers today are much higher.

Most foreign prisoners in US are Mexicans - report

Almost seven in every 10 foreign prisoners in US jails are Mexicans, a US government report has revealed. ...

... In total, foreigners make up more than 25% of the US prison population. ..

but yeah... illegals are not a problem. get your heads outta your rear ends.

Edited by Foxx

10 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

So... he didn't say all immigrants are drug dealers/terrorists/rapists. 

Which is the point. 

Thank you for making it for me.

….

"They're rapists"

No "some are rapists". No "We need a wall to deter human trafficking"

It was simply stating that the people coming from Mexico and South America are thus: "They are rapists."

I was right about the apart about you rejecting objective reality.

Just now, OJ Tom said:

I never assumed that he was talking about ALL Mexicans (including my daughter and her mother and all of her family). So why did you?

Because NPCinPhilly is a racist. He doesn't believe he is because his "side" "fights" racism by exacerbating it and he's not free thinking enough to realize it. 

Sad

Just now, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

….

"They're rapists"

No "some are rapists". No "We need a wall to deter human trafficking"

It was simply stating that the people coming from Mexico and South America are thus: "They are rapists."

I was right about the apart about you rejecting objective reality.

Again, you're cherry picking and ignoring the context and qualifiers. That's not being honest. That's bending the facts to your narrative. 

It's called dishonesty

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, OJ Tom said:

Well that's funny, because from what he stated, he literally said all Mexicans coming from Mexico were rapists.

Now, maybe he is just so unintelligible that he didn't mean that, but: 

A) If he is that unintelligible, it should have disqualified him from the jump

B) It means that people elected him thinking he said that

C) Considering his record, he probably meant that

Well that's funny, because from what he stated, he literally said all Mexicans coming from Mexico were rapists.

That's literally not what he said.

They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Because NPCinPhilly is a racist. He doesn't believe he is because his "side" "fights" racism by exacerbating it and he's not free thinking enough to realize it. 

Sad

Again, you're cherry picking and ignoring the context and qualifiers. That's not being honest. That's bending the facts to your narrative. 

It's called dishonesty

Dude, I posted the entire effin quote. How much more context do you need? 

Right. I need to remind myself about your "completely ignoring objective reality" disorder.

You're lying again, NPC, to fit your agenda. It's much easier to stick to what was actually said and think for yourself, rather than blindly parroting talking points which are easy to disprove.

Dude, I posted the entire effin quote. How much more context do you need? 

Right. I need to remind myself about your "completely ignoring objective reality" disorder.

They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.

Quiz: If "some" are good people, then are "all" rapists?

The quote you shared proved your stance is incorrect. Yet you won't acknowledge it... who is the one avoiding objective reality again?

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

That's literally not what he said.

14 minutes ago, B-Man said:

.............Tibs/Gator............................................Whitewalker............................

He states that the many immigrants are guilty of crime..................NOT ALL.................that is your inference...............one that you will NEVER admit.

So predictable

• Like (+1) 1