The Trump Shutdown

5 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

That's literally not what he said.

They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.

Speaking of cherry picking, let's hit literally the sentences before

"When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you."

It is literally the people coming from Mexico that he is describing. Blanket statement. I don't know how you can be that willfully ignorant, but here we are.

Edited by WhitewalkerInPhilly

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

"When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you."

It is literally the people coming from Mexico. I don't know how you can be that willfully ignorant, but here we are.

So the full statement should be ignored, in favor of half the statement that makes the point you WANT it to make... 

And you call that "living in reality"?

Most people would call that dishonesty.

And you didn't answer the quiz: if "some" of the people coming are good people, can "all" of the people coming be bad?

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

It is literally the people coming from Mexico that he is describing. Blanket statement. I don't know how you can be that willfully ignorant, but here we are.

Again, you see WHAT YOU WANT TO SEE.

• Like (+1) 1

Dude. 

I mean, I suppose that it makes sense that modern Republicans have a hard time parsing the context of five to seven sentences into a full thought. But this is just sad...

You're running from the question... funny how someone who is living in "objective reality" still runs from a question that challenges their view. 

If "some good" people are in a group, can that entire group be "all bad"? 

It's a very simple question. Yet if you answer it, it ruins your entire premise. What does that say about the strength of your position?

Dude. 

I mean, I suppose that it makes sense that modern Republicans have a hard time parsing the context of five to seven sentences into a full thought. But this is just sad...

LOL........

the blinders weren't enough

Image result for child crying, covering eyes and ears......"I'm right..........those mean repubs can't see what I see"

:lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

You're running from the question... funny how someone who is living in "objective reality" still runs from a question that challenges their view. 

It's a very simple question. Yet if you answer it, it ruins your entire premise. What does that say about the strength of your position?

Aaaaaannnnnnd.... he gone.

It's almost like "living in objective reality" makes one allergic to simple logic, truth, and evidence that runs contrary to that "reality". Some, in the past, would call that being a conspiracy theorist. 

8 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I took the liberty of borrowing Philly's Secret Lib Decoder Ring/Dog Whistle and applied it to your comments.  If I used it correctly you actually meant: 

"Some good people are all bad"; or

"THE DINGOS ATE ME BABY!"  (emphasis added). 

• Haha (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Sorry, I had to step away because your lunacy was too much to take.

Look, Trump called all immigrants from Mexico rapists. You asked for specific evidence, I provided it in quote and video form.

Now about this "If "some good" people are in a group, can that entire group be "all bad"? " bit?

Well, it's rather simple:

Trump has admitted to forcefully grabbing women's genetalia. His ex-wife has stated that  he "Made Me Feel ‘Violated’ During Sex"

He endorsed Roy Moore, the man banned from a shopping mall for his pedophilic tendencies.

Trump nominated a man who has multiple accusations of sexual assault to the Supreme Court.

Simply put, it seems that Donald Trump does not think that rape disqualifies people from being "good people"

It explains a lot, doesn't it?

4 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Trump has admitted to forcefully grabbing women's genetalia. His ex-wife has stated that  he "Made Me Feel ‘Violated’ During Sex"

Did Trump "violate" her, or did she "feel violated?"

1 minute ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Sorry, I had to step away because your lunacy was too much to take.

Asking a question is lunacy now... at least when that question exposes your beliefs to be nonsense. 

1 minute ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Look, Trump called all immigrants from Mexico rapists. You asked for specific evidence, I provided it in quote and video form.

He did not say this. The link you provided proves he did not say this.

Hence the next question... 

2 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Now about this "If "some good" people are in a group, can that entire group be "all bad"? " bit?

Well, it's rather simple:

It is simple. And it cuts to the entire crux of your statement. Though, you will try not to answer it. Just watch... 

2 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

This has no bearing on the question. It's a nonsense point made by someone who's trying to spin, not someone who's "living in objective reality"... 

3 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

He endorsed Roy Moore, the man banned from a shopping mall for his pedophilic tendencies.

Same as above. This has no bearing on the question asked. 

3 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Trump nominated a man who has multiple accusations of sexual assault to the Supreme Court.

Same as above. Now three points made - all made to avoid answering what you admit is a very simple question... And it's nice to see NPCinPhilly has no taste for due process. Accusations = guilt. What a good progfascist he is.

4 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Simply put, it seems that Donald Trump does not think that rape disqualifies people from being "good people"

It explains a lot, doesn't it?

It explains nothing. Other than you're afraid of answering a very simple, direct question. 

If "some people" in a group are good, can "all people" in the same group be bad? 

It's a yes or no answer. Watch how far you'll run before answering it.

All those words and you STILL have yet to answer the question.

You're wasting your time DR.

The President did not say that all Mexican immigrants are criminals and rapists.

Anyone who understands a Logic 101 course knows it.

But people like NPC in Philly and Gator are simply too invested.....They CANNOT ADMIT THE TRUTH AT THIS POINT.

I know you will try, but it won't happen.

• Like (+1) 3

34 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Aaaaaannnnnnd.... he gone.

It's almost like "living in objective reality" makes one allergic to simple logic, truth, and evidence that runs contrary to that "reality". Some, in the past, would call that being a conspiracy theorist. 

You are arguing Trump is going to call a national emergency because of human trafficking? Can you provide a link where the orange idiot says that? You know, as his main reason. 

Just now, B-Man said:

You're wasting your time DR.

The President did not say that all Mexican immigrants are criminals and rapists.

Anyone who understands a Logic 101 course knows it.

But people like NPC in Philly and Gator are simply too invested.....They CANNOT ADMIT THE TRUTH AT THIS POINT.

I know you will try, but it won't happen.

The cultist has spoken! 

Just now, Tiberius said:

Why the need to call a national emergency then? You defend absolutely everything he has ever done--or pretend it never happened,, so why? 

Why? 

He didn't declare a national emergency. I provided a clip from the press conference where the question was asked if he could. He can, and said as much. That's not me taking a position. That's me sharing news. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

He didn't declare a national emergency. I provided a clip from the press conference where the question was asked if he could. He can, and said as much. That's not me taking a position. That's me sharing news. 

Exactly.

and it is the common practice of the lefties here to expand on every news article posted, their absolute knowledge of what you "meant" and what you "believe"

?

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/trump-declaring-national-emergency-secure-wall-funding-sources/story?id=60164759

He says he's considering it. 

You have to support him if if he does, and what possible justification would there be? 

2 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Exactly.

and it is the common practice of the lefties here to expand on every news article posted, their absolute knowledge of what you "meant" and what you "believe"

?

If he does it, as a good little cultist (no need to call you people right wingers anymore, your only ideology is the word of idiot Trump) you will support it. You have to 

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Have you never heard of a good rape?

From another thread here:

We are happy to provide the facts -- but you never reached out. In fact, DHS prevented 3,755 known or suspected terrorists from traveling to or entering the U.S. in FY 17. That's in addition to 17,526 criminals, 1,019 gang members, and 3,028 special interest aliens. #FactsFirst twitter.com/jimsciutto/sta…